It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antigravity Cup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me the science behind this trick?

If you go to Antigravitycup.com you will see.

For those who don't go to the link, basically the guy is holding a clear plastic cup and "floating" a piece of styrofoam in it, and then trying to sell the cup.

So can anyone explain it to me?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Now THAT is funny. Its just static electricity. The guy is really selling these? If he is, I think I should begin selling anti-gravity baloons. Blow them up, rub them in my hair and ship them out. Riches!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yes it is simple Static Electricity.
I will say this, the guy proves Joseph Bessimer adage "

"There's a sucker born every minute"

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
"New Electrostatic Technology"

For 10 bucks they'll send you the kit. Or for $5 they'll tell you how to make one.

How 'bout this- "Amazing anti gravity ball!! Throw it down, it bounces up! Throw it in the air, it comes back down! made out of the same high tech material as B52 Bomber tires!"

I figure we could sell 25 cent rubber balls for about $14.50.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
well wile replys are nice neather of you mocking this guy selling this trick have explaned how static electrict can cause a pice of stirfome to flote in a GLASS cup .
the who stacic thing works because of oppsite Charges but glass is an inslator so why not tell all us lay man how he does this trick.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
well wile replys are nice neather of you mocking this guy selling this trick have explaned how static electrict can cause a pice of stirfome to flote in a GLASS cup .
the who stacic thing works because of oppsite Charges but glass is an inslator so why not tell all us lay man how he does this trick.

umm...yeah. It's a plastic cup.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Lol. somebody should report this guy/ these guys. daylight robbery

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Duuua Im so short sited at times a plastic cup Of corse .That would do the trick all right .
Now on to the next part of this trick the cup and the strifome have to be charged oppsite on - the other + (it doesent matter wich is wich )
so how to put a + stadic charge into the cup ? and a - charge into the fome? i mean rubbing eather anainst the rug will build up a charge but its a + charge one needs to be - .

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
so how to put a + stadic charge into the cup ? and a - charge into the fome? i mean rubbing eather anainst the rug will build up a charge but its a + charge one needs to be - .

From the site link above-
'MAKE YOUR "ANTIGRAVITYCUP" INTO A POSITIVE FLOATING OR LEVITATION CUP BY LICKING THE ENTIRE TOP AND BOTTOM RIM OF ONE OF YOUR STYROFOAM RINGS WITH SALIVA; (let styrofoam ring dry) THIS WILL MAKE THE STYROFOAM RING INTO A SEMICONDUCTOR OF ELECTRICITY.

THIS WILL PUT SALT OR A POSITIVE CHARGE ON THE STYROFOAM RING.

NOW PLACE A NEGATIVE CHARGE ON THE ENTIRE "ANTIGRAVITYCUP" BY TWISTING THE "ANTIGRAVITYCUP" IN YOUR HAND AND USING A SPIRAL MOTION STARTING AT THE TOP AND SPIRAL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM RIM OF THE "ANTIGRAVITYCUP."

RUBBING THE ENTIRE "ANTIGRAVITYCUP' WITH YOUR DRY HAND WILL PLACE A NEGATIVE CHARGE ALL AROUND THE PLASTIC CUP.

NOW PLACE ANY HAND AT THE BOTTOM OF "ANTIGRAVITYCUP" AND THE STYROFOAM RING WILL FLOAT ABOVE YOUR FINGERS.

THE POSITIVE CHARGED STYROFOAM RING WILL CONTINUE TO FLOAT ON ANY SURFACE OTHER THAN PLASTIC OR STYROFOAM WHEN YOU PUT IT DOWN, BECAUSE THESE SURFACES ARE NEUTRAL OR POSITIVE CHARGED.'

Sorry for the caps. It's cut 'n' paste.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It is sad to see that people no longer study even the basic rudimentary sciences. This parlor trick, while interesting, is not at all astounding and it saddens me to see that anyone who owns a computer and thus has the opportunity in life to have an education, didn't understand such a simple stunt. I guess that's how George Bush got elected. Pull the wool over their eyes and they might even believe that Saddam Hussein had WMD and was part of Al Queida.

Teach your children well, as you will have to live in a world they create. Uh huh.

new topics

top topics

join