It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey pushing for F-35

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Looks like turkey is really pushing to get their F-35s. Now if only Canada would show this same interest in actually buying a new plane.
Lockheed Martin
[edit on 30-9-2005 by Canada_EH]

Mod Edit: Fixed Link

[edit on 10/3/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i dont really see them having to push that hard since they
have put alot into this and they have a long history with lockhead

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Good idea... I mean taht Canada could buy some F-35, not so many tough, maybe 20 or so... They still have about a hunderd F/! 18, even tough they are the older model...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Canada has also expressed supposed interest in the Ucavs as well as long as they are A2A capable.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'd rather have the equivilant cost of 20 F-35s go into upgrades for our F/A-18s than to have them purchase things we really don't need. I mean come on, its Canada, who's gonna attack us? Our most dangerous agressor is the US and it doesn't matter how many F-35s we buy, we're not gonna win that fight. Infact, I don't see the point of having a navy, I don't see the point of having an airforce. The only thing I see is to have a big peacekeeping kind of military to maintain our international aproval. I would want to see the money from the navy and airforce go directly into revolutionizing our healthcare into something competitive, changing our schools and kicking the liberals out of power.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Why is everyone falling over themselves for the F-35?

Sorry, But I never liked the JSF concept. The whole project is a rediculus waste of time and money. A single-engine, STOVL attack/fighter to replace the F-16, Some F-18's, A-10, and the AV-8B? Come on, Really! We don't have a need for this. There are many things the money would be better spent on.

Why does Turkey want such a useless plane. Whoever came up with this idea needs to be Fired, NOW!

An F/A-18 E/F can do the same job much better for less!

Tim

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Anybody ever think that this may be a political play tied into thier application to join the EU? With Austria balking at letting them in and reluctance by some other EU members, Turkey may be saying "Fine, we will buy US when the Typhoon is avalible for purchases and France is deprate for an export sale to anybody with the Rafale?

xu

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Anybody ever think that this may be a political play tied into thier application to join the EU? With Austria balking at letting them in and reluctance by some other EU members, Turkey may be saying "Fine, we will buy US when the Typhoon is avalible for purchases and France is deprate for an export sale to anybody with the Rafale?

I think it could be, but the other way around. since the TRs demand of F-35s is oldnews, while the Crisis which "apparently" seems to be caused by Austria had just solidified today, and until it happpened everything was going well and good.

[edit on 3-10-2005 by xu]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Typhoon partners position to leverage Turkish interest in EU integration

Turkey is being offered full partnership in the Eurofighter Typhoon combat aircraft program.

With a Greek deal to purchase the Typhoon near moribund, Eurofighter is turning its attention to Athens' Aegean neighbor as it seeks export sales. Greece is expected to compete its fighter requirement once again; Typhoon had been provisionally selected. The likely re-bid is partly caused by funding problems with the original procurement.

Irrespective of Ankara's recent $1.1-billion investment in a Lockheed Martin F-16 upgrade program--and Turkey's interest in the F-35--industry executives involved with the Typhoon believe there is an opportunity for the aircraft. The tactic is to position the Typhoon as a complement, rather than a competitor, to the Joint Strike Fighter.

Some Eurofighter partner nations (Britain, Germany, Italy and Spain) are being increasingly vocal in their support of Turkey's ambitions to join the European Union (EU). Last week, Jack Straw, Britain's foreign secretary, reiterated his support for Turkey's accession to the EU. Talks on the matter begin this week.
Eurofighter

new topics

top topics

join