It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day when Osama bin Laden applied for asylum – in Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It seems that 10 years ago Osama Bin Laden applied for asylum in Britain, luckily this was refused after some investigation.
Though this was before any major incidents involving him had occured, it was at a time when he was planning the 9/11 attacks. His family already owned properties in the United Kingdom and the young Bin Laden was allegedly an Arsenal fan, though it is thought he never visited the ground to watch a match.

www.timesonline.co.uk
HE CLAIMS to hate everything the West stands for. But yesterday it emerged that Osama bin Laden sought asylum in Britain even as he was planning the September 11 attacks on the US.

The al-Qaeda leader wanted to abandon his base in Sudan at the end of 1995 and asked some of his followers in London to sound out whether he would be able to move to Britain.

Michael Howard, who was then Home Secretary, recalls how his aides told him of the asylum request from the Saudi-born militant of whom the world knew little of ten years ago. A number of his brothers and other relatives, all members of the wealthy bin Laden construction empire, owned properties in London by the mid-1990s.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Interesting information here, very good thing we didn't grant him asylum - though it angers me that people like him applying for asylum ruin it for the people that are genuine and deserve it.

Interesting that he hates the West so much but enjoys certain aspects of our lifestyle - like supporting football.

[edit on 3-10-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Lol, this probably isn't funny. But I think it's funny that he actually wanted to live in Britain. One of the nations he hates, and probably the greatest ally of his worst enemy nation. Hmm.... perhaps he's merely the puppet of a higher mastermind? Or perhaps even he doesn't completely believe in what he preaches. After all, it's not like he was faithful enough to commit a suicide bombing. I get the feeling that he isn't willing to do what his legion of martyrs are.

Now for some reason I can see British Psy. Ops units using this to their advantage in the war on terror.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I guess you have to buy into the whole 'Bin Laden is a terrorist mastermind' scenario to view this information with anything but indifference.

Who cares? Im sure everyone has seen Mr. Moore's pseudo-doco that shows Bin Laden not only loved and lived the Western lifestyle, but he also spent his youth in the United States.

Has the "fact" that OBL planned and carried out 9/11 just moved from supposition to reality because we've heard it repeated incessantly from the American administration and the mainstream media mouthpieces?

Could it be that Bin Laden would of wanted asylum in Britain to continue his true lifestyle? That of an uber-rich playboy who enjoys our Western ideals but currently is being used as a casus belli to "secure" America's vital interests abroad?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What if they had accepted him into the UK?

There is nothing saying that he wouldn't have ended up sipping champagne with his old buddy george, and laughing about the mess they made of afghanistan in the 80's... talking over old times, and new victorys... they could take wall street by storm, or venture into more oil rig development ventures...

I seriously think, if he was trying to "westernize himself" to rejoin the Bin Laden money empire, that he would not be hiding in caves and planning anything but a hostile takover of his oil companies competitor... and 9-11 would never have happened...

in a parallel dimension perhaps...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The what if's are insurmountable, but we know what happend when he was turned down.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'd love to see this on Al Jazeera. The beloved leader of the
radical muslim world?? Yeah right. He's so Western he almost
makes Donald Trump look anti-capitalist! But of course,
Al Jazeera won't run with it. Wouldn't want to break the
UBL image for the muslim masses, would it?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted by subz
I guess you have to buy into the whole 'Bin Laden is a terrorist mastermind' scenario to view this information with anything but indifference.

Who cares? Im sure everyone has seen Mr. Moore's pseudo-doco that shows Bin Laden not only loved and lived the Western lifestyle, but he also spent his youth in the United States.

Has the "fact" that OBL planned and carried out 9/11 just moved from supposition to reality because we've heard it repeated incessantly from the American administration and the mainstream media mouthpieces?

Could it be that Bin Laden would of wanted asylum in Britain to continue his true lifestyle? That of an uber-rich playboy who enjoys our Western ideals but currently is being used as a casus belli to "secure" America's vital interests abroad?

The thing that I can't figure out is that if the US wanted to make up an enemy in order to start a war why pick OBL? I mean you had several good candidates already in place (Sadam, Quadaffi and Arafat to name a few) why pick OBL? If the US wanted to frame someone why not setup Sadam and Iraq as being responsible for 911? We could have blasted Iraq off of the map without reprecussions from the rest of the world. I just doesn't make sense. Which is the reason that I believe that OBL did it.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It is too bad, that the current administration is avoiding the connections they once had with Bin Laden...

it would be great to have a few good publicity pics of G.W. and OBL playing pool, drinking some beers, having a grand ol time...
it would shatter OBL's image...

as far as why pick OBL for an enemy...
well, he is the only one that worked for the CIA in the past...

that gives some inside connection to insure that the plan worked...

[edit on 30-9-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

LazarusTheLong

as far as why pick OBL for an enemy...
well, he is the only one that worked for the CIA in the past...

that gives some inside connection to insure that the plan worked...

How did OBL work as an enemy for the CIA in the past? Only thing I know about is that the CIA supported a group that OBL was supposed to be a part of against the Russians in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
JIM:

CIA supported a group that OBL was supposed to be a part of against the Russians in Afghanistan

you answered your own question JIM... maybe you didn't realize that he was not a "bit player"

That is what I am talking about... he was the primary connection due to his residence there, and his already established family connection to Bush...

it probably went something like this:
BUSH- we need someone we can trust in Afghanistan... Mr Bin Laden is your son still there? He is... good, I will have the CIA get in touch with him, and establish weapons shipment terms.

really quite simple... If it was done any other way... it would be a waste of resources.. when they have the easy contact with a family friend...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So it went this way?
CHENEY: We need to create an act of terrorism that will unite the country into declaring war on Iraq so that we can invade and seize their oil.

BUSH: Hmmm Let me see what my buddy OBL's calendar looks like. We can blame it on him.

GIVE ME A BREAK !!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Why do I think they chose OBL to play patsy for the whole War on Terror? Probably because the final prize of the War on Terror is Saudi Arabia. You cant target Saudi Arabia if it was Saddam who perpetrated the greatest single terrorist attack in modern history. If it was a Saudi national who some how later gets linked with a certain Royal Family or a Royal Family that appears to be supporting a certain uber-extreme interpretation of Islam, the gambit of the WoT gets considerably wider.

Theres also the matter of falisfying evidence. As the Nigerian yellowcake debacle shows, its quite hard to forge evidence and have it hold up to international scrutiny. But if you have some one who thinks they are working with you rather for you you can make it more believable.

Maybe Osama Bin Laden was only privy to the whole "we'll take over Saudi Arabia and you'll get a piece of the pie" part of the whole WoT concept that's been a Straussian wet dream for decades. The part about Osama being the whole catalyst might of been wisely left out of the CIA briefings given to him. That might explain why Osama has never admitted to being part of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and has actively denied his involvement in it. Afterall its kind of a major leap going from bombing a few far-flung American embassies in Africa to penetrating the most secure air space in the World with 4 hijacked American-owned airliners.

Until I fix my crystal ball however, I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see how the WoT pans out. If we see rumblings in Saudi we might all think abit differently about 9/11 and its birth.

Edit: It seems the recently appointed, and now sacked, FDNY's Muslim Chaplain shared my views on there being a wider conspiracy.

NEW YORK - The fire department's new Muslim chaplain abruptly resigned Friday after saying in a published interview that a broader conspiracy, not 19 al-Qaida hijackers, may have been responsible for the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
ADVERTISEMENT
click here

"It became clear to him that he would have difficulty functioning as an FDNY chaplain," Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta told reporters an hour before Imam Intikab Habib was to be officially sworn in. "There has been no prior indication that he held those views."

Habib told Newsday in an interview published Friday that he was skeptical of the official version of the attack on the World Trade Center, which killed 343 firefighters.

"I've heard professionals say that nowhere ever in history did a steel building come down with fire alone," he told the newspaper.

news.yahoo.com...

Another connection to Saudi Arabia?

[edit on 30/9/05 by subz]

top topics

join