It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you had a Personal experience with the demonic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
hey,

i have noticed alot of demonic possession forums being created ever since the emily rose movie came out and it got me thinking. has anyone on ATS/BTS ever had an experience with the demonic? i know that there are things on here about shadow people and ghosts, but i was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their personal experiences of what they KNEW was demonic. the purpose of this thread is not only for education on the matter of the demonic but also to collect everyones experiences in one place for observation.

i know this thread might seem a bit discriminatory against people that dont have any religious beliefs and i apologize, that is not my intent. i do however want this thread to be a place for people to feel comfortable sharing their experiences and not a forum debating whether it exists or not. its not that i dont feel like debating it, i just dont want THIS particular thread to contain that. it just keeps all the accounts of experiences more organized for people to follow i think.

Thank you very much for reading my post, and a thank you in advance to all that choose to share their experiences.
here is a general template that might help us get started:

WHEN was your experience:
WHAT was your experience:
HOW did you know it was of demonic origion?
HOW has it changed you? (religious perspectives, life perspective etc)
HOW often have things like this occured in your life?
WHY do you think this happened to you/Do you know of its purpose?

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What defines something as a "demon"? Something that "feels" evil (the word 'feel' is subjective, as is the definition of 'evil') that "isn't of this world"? (again, 'isn't of this world' is a subjective view. If I was from an amazonian tribe, I'd think planes were supernatural).

Personally, I believe evil entities exist, but what their exact nature is I'm not sure. A long, long time ago I saw a 'demonic' face on the side of a washing machine, which I was curled up next-to contemplating suicide (it snapped me out of doing the deed quick smart hehe). But this could have been my imagination, a result of watching too much tv, or a higher power scaring me into "behaving".

I had an interesting experience a few nights ago that freaked me out a little. I had the bedroom door closed (a habit I've developed after repeatedly seeing the end of a leg or arm disappear, as if someone had just walked past the entrance to the room, even though I knew I was alone in the unit/house/whatever). Anyway, I was almost asleep when I heard my cat let out the loudest shreik I've ever heard. It was like someone had just simultaneously put his tail in a vice, kicked him in the groin and set fire to his head (no, I don't know what this would actually sound like, but it makes for more entertaining reading hehe). So I went out into the loungeroom, and there he was, hiding under the lounge chair looking extremely freaked out. He outright refused to budge.

I wrote it off as goober just being his usual weird self, went back to the room, closed the door and hopped into bed. About 1hr later, I felt something walk on what felt like all fours across the bottom of my bed. I waited for it to walk upto my head, expecting it to be goobs coming up for a snuggle.

Well....it wasn't goobs. This "thing" walked upto my feet, hissed twice, turned around and then walked back off the edge of the bed, hissed a few more times then jumped off (note: no sound of 'impact' as it landed on the floor).

At this point I thought it was goobs being weird again, as this thing "felt" like the right size, the right weight, and was walking the same way goobs does when he hops on the bed.

I then realised the door was closed, so, thinking he'd managed to sneak into the room on my way back to bed, I got up to open the door and let him out...to find that yes, the door was closed....but no, goober was NOT in the room, nor was any other living thing apart from me. I wanted to be sure so I VERY carefully opened the door about 1inch to see if a cat materialised between my legs trying to get out...and there was goober in the kitchen looking back at me..

The rest of the following day he didn't so much as make a peep. This is a cat that seriously DOES NOT shut up. The first thing most people say when they meet him is along the lines of "talkative, isn't he?".

I've had a few encounters like this, noises, figures, mists, shadows etc that neither people I knew or myself could not logically explain (a few times other people have been around and seen/felt these things too, like when the house I was staying in shuddered like a car had just gone through the front door or something. It literally shook on its foundations...got me plenty of cuddles from a very pale girlfriend that night
). So yes, SOMETHING exists, but I hesitate to call it a demon. More like, a) non-physical entities having a joke on silly humans b) non-physical entities taking out their frustration or c) non-physical masochistic entities that see us as a source of amusement).

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I've only had one 'experience' with any kind of evil entity, or maybe just someone crazy thinking they had one.

A couple of years ago I was at a friend's house chilling out, etc. They began to tell me how they heard voices that would insult them and tell them to cut themselves etc. Just then they got a dead serious look on their face with no sense of joking in it at all, and told me that ET was standing right beside me. They said that this entity that talked to them would materialize as something that sort of looks like ET, just like in the movie. And my friend was terrified of it. I swung over in the direction they said it was, but I didn't feel cold or anything at all. My friend may have just been crazy, I dunno. They did drugs from time to time which may explain a lot, but they also own an ouiji board and a copy of the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey, which makes me sort of think it is a demon.
Anyways a bit later my friend went upstairs to get something and I was left in the basement alone, and I was getting seriously freaked out and I couldn't explain why. I didn't see anything, I just felt pretty damn scared. I ended up standing by the stairs until they came back down, because I didn't want to be in the room. When my friend came back down after a while, they touched me for some reason. And I felt something like it was trying to transfer through them to me. I felt something go into my head and I felt sort of weird and lightheaded for a split second and then it was more-or-less fine again.
So we eat dinner and everything is normal again for a little while, but then I start to feel really sick. I ended up throwing up in their sink. Now I hadn't thrown up for about 5 years previous to that. I wasn't sick, and I'm not anorexic or something. My best theory is that whatever I felt like was going into me was going back out. Like my body was rejecting it. If it was a demon, because I was baptized or something. I don't know. But I felt something leave me besides just vomit. And after that I never really looked at that friend the same way again. Still sort of afraid they are possessed or something, although nothing like that has happened again since.
All I know is I wouldn't want a full-blown demonic experience. This was enough, and it wasn't even that bad. I'm not making this up.... this is as close to the experience as I can recall. I'll ask my friend if they have any experiences in particular, but usually they think I'm crazy for thinking they're possessed.

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i guess i should have been more clear about the definition of demonic. i guess i mean it in the religious sense of what demonic means. not ghost or shadow people.

so if you think you have had an experience with the demonic (not a ghost or anything like that) i would appreciate hearing of your experience

thanks again!

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have posted in the past about a type of psychic attack I think is demonically inspired.

You can read the thread if you want and see if any of it applies.

Psychic attacks?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
WHEN was your experience:

October 1989.

WHAT was your experience:

I challenged anything beyond the human realm to show itself. I got my answer.

HOW did you know it was of demonic origion?

He was the master of them, actually.

HOW has it changed you? (religious perspectives, life perspective etc)

After a month of fleeing, I did find rescue from God. Everything else failed.

HOW often have things like this occured in your life?

Hm, last I heard from him was about 5 years ago. He wanted to let me know that he was still there. My spouse occasionally spots one skittering across the walls. I asked if they could possibly be shadows, the answer was "they're more solid than that, and have faces." Puzzling really, there's no targets in our house.

WHY do you think this happened to you/

Because I was stupid enough to demand presence.

Do you know of its purpose?

Absolutely. U2U me if you'd like details. I can e-mail ya if you have an address you can share. I have it on MS Word doc. and is a bit lengthy.

As for others, I know of one currently going through it:
Demonic Guards?
Has anyone seen...demons?

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

Good to see you around again DigitalGrl, hope all is going well.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 30-9-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think a large part of being 'possessed' is psycological. After watching the emily rose movie I started to investigate all of this stuff.... at night I would feel like im being watched.... or I felt a strange feeling on my face, like someone stroking it...so I assumed it was a 'demon', etc....etc....it was all in my head.

it's largely psychological.

[edit on 043030p://484830 by porky1981]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
ty for your replies everyone!

porky: thats great that you have that perspective on this type of thing. but we really arent discussing peoples opinons or debating anything in this thread. i just made it for people to share their experiences. but im sure if you start a thread debating it people will participate. i just want this thread to be strictly peoples personal experience for observation purposes.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hi, My name is Pam...

Do you know an expert in this field who might be able to tell me how a reptilian demon can get access to my dream state? I've had one encounter by way of a dream with a demon. I am a solid believer in Jesus Christ as my Savior and would have thought that would have been enough to keep me safe while sleeping. I've read the reptilian kind are the most powerful kind of demon and I am acutely aware we are involved in spiritual warfare about which we know little.

Appreciative of your help. Thanks in advance for any info.

top topics

join