It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your school like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am at a bording school and it sucks. I am felling really down. how about you all tell me about your schools and if they seem boring enough I might get cheered up.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My school is pretty bad as well (I'm sure everyone feels the same way). It is all-boys, uniform with blazers and ties, Prebstyerian. Bloody annoying it is. My school also sucks at sport and there are many lazy, snobbish, richard craniums there.

Hope that cheered you up.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My school sucks as well, we have heating, but NO AIRCONDTIONING!! During the summer is gets freakin humid and smelly in my school. We can afford field trips to amusement parks and stuff, but for some reason we dont have money for air conditioning. There are also alotta "tough guys" in my school.

They're all just a bunch of doush bags, they think they're hard but theyre really punks.

SOme of the teachers are pretty cool. The vice principle though is a jerk, really mean guy, he looks just like hitler
Locker rooms and Bathrooms are disgusting and smell like poop.

Umm ok...thats all

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Same, my school has heating and no air conditioning except for in the IT room for the computers. We have this PE teacher who is a complete hypocrite and a PC jerk. Once I had a replacement who dressed like he was gay but acted like a facist. My problem with certain other people might be because as my social studies teacher said I have an imperialistic attitude.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hrm... We have air conditioning... When they use it...

I got to an all-girls Catholic high school. Uniform skirt and blouse, socks, shoes, everything. (Attention guys: Get that thought out of your heads- It's not as great as you think it is). It's actually quite ridiculous- Many of the girls neglect to wake up in the morning because there aren't any boys-- Brushing hair is apparently futile, because hair is apparently supposed to look like a mop anyways.

Schedule-wise I love it. Instead of a block schedule or periods or something, we have what we call mods.
Each mod is 20 minutes and we have 20 mods in a day. A class can be made up of 2, 3, or 4 mods depending on which class it is (aka, lecture or lab, or whatever the teacher sees fit). It actually allows for more "off-time," because we can possibly have any random mod off. Most classes are scheduled to three mods though, making it an hour-long class. So the bell for each mod rings every 20 minutes, but you don't leave class because the bell rang!!! I love to see the annoyed look on teachers faces when they have to stop lecturing for three seconds for the mod bell! It's actually quite a lovely system once you learn the secrets (MOD 11 starts at 11:00 on a regular schedule day).

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
College. 'Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Alcor, you got it as bad as me dress wise, but we got periods. Then, after the school day, we have a two hour manditory study hale from eight to ten. YOu can't get up from your desk and you have to be working. It sucks balls. But of course, that two hours adds up, and it counts as school time, so we get out of school about three weeks before everyone else. We also start school two weeks later. LOL!

new topics

top topics

join