It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke terror set for Ramadan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
A dirty bomb would be more believable than nuke suitcases.

I would find it hard to understand how someone could smuggle some nuke suitcases into the USA but then again i wouldnt have believed that someone could devise a plan to fly planes into the WTC's and the pentagon all these belonging to the most powerful country on earth, so with that in mind anything is possible.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If they did have a suitcase bomb, it would still be a big explosion, if it was 40 -250 tons equivalent, thats a big bang. The MOAB the usa has is 9 tons of conventional explosive, and thats big, if you have seen the video of it. 250 tons equivalent must make a 100 metre/yard crater so it would be very damaging. Wouldn't a nuke which fails to "go nuclear" that is, to start the fission process, be just a big dirty bomb.

Anyway,unless I am wrong, Muslims aren't meant to kill, but the terrorists do, so what would be the difference if they made war on ramadan?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Wouldn't a nuke which fails to "go nuclear" that is, to start the fission process, be just a big dirty bomb.

Yes it would, but it would be much more difficult to build and get the material for. It would be senseless to build a suitcase nuke or a minivan-nuke just to fizzle it, so weapons-grade fissile material would need to be obtained and used.
Material for a dirty bomb is easy to obtain weapons-grade material isn't. Or at least I sincerely hope so that it isn't!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
I would find it hard to understand how someone could smuggle some nuke suitcases into the USA but then again i wouldnt have believed that someone could devise a plan to fly planes into the WTC's and the pentagon all these belonging to the most powerful country on earth, so with that in mind anything is possible.

It would be childs play smuggling a suitcase nuke into the US. The fact that one hasn't gone off in America just means that Al-Qaeda or whom ever don't have one.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
If they did have a suitcase bomb, it would still be a big explosion, if it was 40 -250 tons equivalent, thats a big bang. The MOAB the usa has is 9 tons of conventional explosive, and thats big, if you have seen the video of it. 250 tons equivalent must make a 100 metre/yard crater so it would be very damaging. Wouldn't a nuke which fails to "go nuclear" that is, to start the fission process, be just a big dirty bomb.

There would be some local radiation, but it wouldn't be spread very far. this is mainly because the fissile material is a solid mass not powdered ( as a dirty bomb would be ). This basically means that material would be contained very close by and easily cleaned up.

Dirty bombs would use a powedered civilian radiation source for better dispersal such as strontium-90.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
so im guessin the time watch will start from 12pm to 5pm eastern time, if this is supposed to happen simultaneously.

I am off to work to center city in philly no less...

rest easy people they dont have the means for such an attack and nothing will happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whskybarjd67
rest easy people they dont have the means for such an attack and nothing will happen.

I really wouldn't be too certain about this, pre-9/11 who would have thought terrorists had the resources and capabilities to plough two planes into the WTC?

At the same time I also would believe anything anyone says about the next major attack. No one knows anything until it's too late.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

Originally posted by whskybarjd67

I really wouldn't be too certain about this, pre-9/11 who would have thought terrorists had the resources and capabilities to plough two planes into the WTC?

At the same time I also would believe anything anyone says about the next major attack. No one knows anything until it's too late.

well considering i just graduated college and will be working out of center city philadelphia for the next month or so... Saying nothing will happen gets me throught the day.

of course its on my mind when i read about it, but then again how many other times have they threatened attacks and nothings happened. so we shall see

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yeah blowing up places, killing innocent people and placing anthrax into letters addressed to the white house is only a small part of terrorism. The main part is telling the public there will be an attack here and and this time. That's what creates the terror and disruption of our daily lives.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I, for one, don't partake in the prophesy "tin foil hatters" response to this thread. AQ wouldn't hold on to these type of weapons for long periods of time just to use them on a religiously symbolic date for their religion. Having a WMD, to them would signify nothing without the use and that would most likely be done as soon as possible to avoid the detection and failure of the attack. AQ attainment of WMD would not be used as a barganing chip such as a country, and the longer they sit, the longer the possiblity of failure. No, if they had them yet, we'd be seeing them by now. As for the symbolic nature of Ramadan, AQ doesn't work, usually, on a specific date. Their nature is to look for vulnerabilities, place their assets, and exploit the time and place most probable for success. If this means waiting days, weeks, months for the right time, they will. Their sense of timelines goes beyond Western cultures. To them, they are still fighting a crusade battle that has lasted 1000 years. To them, success is based on an end plan and not the way to get there.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
from what i jsut saw bush will be having a press conference at the white house later this afternoon about that supreme court nomine or somthing.

looks like he isnt hidden away up at northcom today...puts that idea to bed.

[edit on 093131p://222 by whskybarjd67]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I guess it's safe to call the all clear signal now. Whoever came up with this forecast must have read the chicken bones wrong. Better luck next time fortune tellers, but I guess it was good to be wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW266
I guess it's safe to call the all clear signal now. Whoever came up with this forecast must have read the chicken bones wrong. Better luck next time fortune tellers, but I guess it was good to be wrong.

never trust a guy who breaks a nuke scenerio through a book he is selling.

seriously when you think about it...as soon as the nukes got in the country they would of used them. The longer you wait the more risk you take. Sorry all those who secretly were hoping for this doomsday scenerio....it aint going to happen

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
ignore this ...double post somehow

[edit on 063131p://222 by whskybarjd67]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The master of disaster himself, Paul L. Williams, will be among George's distinguished guests tonight on Coast to Coast.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartagram
Furthermore, any muslim who spilled a blood of another man during Ramadhan is hard proof of him not of Muhammad's teaching.

right.....

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

The prohibited month for the prohibited month,- and so for all things prohibited,- there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, Transgress ye likewise against him. But fear Allah, and know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.

.... sure sounds like it is permitted to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by philaman01

If al-Qaida has its way, the next terrorist attack on the United States – a "nuclear hell storm" planned for seven major cities – is set to occur next month during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

Ramadan begins Tuesday, Oct. 4 and ends Nov. 2.

Where does it say that it will happen TODAY? I hear people saying "simultaniously". To me it seems to say anytime during the month of Ramadan. That means that it technically could all come down on Nov. 2, or that random cities(of the major seven of course) could get hit on random days. Unless you guys have heard something different? However I do hope you're right-that it's not going to happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prodicaliforniason

Originally posted by philaman01

If al-Qaida has its way, the next terrorist attack on the United States – a "nuclear hell storm" planned for seven major cities – is set to occur next month during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

Ramadan begins Tuesday, Oct. 4 and ends Nov. 2.

Where does it say that it will happen TODAY? I hear people saying "simultaniously". To me it seems to say anytime during the month of Ramadan. That means that it technically could all come down on Nov. 2, or that random cities(of the major seven of course) could get hit on random days. Unless you guys have heard something different? However I do hope you're right-that it's not going to happen.

yea and thats anothre thing...how do they know its meant for 2005...not next year or the year after

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

And I acknowledge that we have major holes in our border and port security. But the idea that al Qaida could sneak 7 nuclear weapons into this country without our government even getting a sniff of it or even stopping one of them is kind of outrageous to me.

You have thousands of people every single day, illegally getting across the border from Mexico. That is just one way in. The scale of this problem is so immense that it is having effects on the economy as well as the environment, even in a country this size, of such resource.

For some reason, Mr. Bush allows this situation to deteriorate whilst at the same time fighting a war in someone else's country; in fact he would rather not have border patrol agents doing their (impossible) job, for some reason. You have to get priorities right, after all..

If someone were to bring such a device into this country, I believe they would have the capability to use it especially considering who would be willing to support cause. Such support doesn't necessarily have to emanate outside our continent either.

One does imagine at times, which is actually worse: the destruction that is overpopulation and the resulting spread of urban sprawl, or a white flash..it seems to me that both can equally destructive and nothing is being done about either..

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Ross Cross]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It seems that in 2001 an Al Queida operative was caught trying to infiltrate Israel with a backpack nuke.

Al Queida backpack bomber

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join