It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke terror set for Ramadan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
These people come up with this crap every 5 minutes, hell they don't need to actually do anything significant, all they have to do is send out 'the word' that they are planning something like this for 'whenever' and everyone is in a state of 'terror' ( terror - terrorists?)....

Yes they will actually do something at some point, but by getting upset and worrying everytime they send out these vibes it makes their job even easier.
They did this not long ago with that stupid countdown clock on some site and I'm sure many other times, I don't pay attention anymore because it means nothing these days. Liek the boy that crys wolf, one day it's true - but most of the time it isn't so don't waste your time worrying about it!

Hell, when it is true there's little your going to be able to do about it anyway, so you might as well enjoy life while you can!

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
If it doesnt happen, we'll feel as lucky as everyone in Houston when the hurricane missed or everyone that ran out of the capital on 911 from the airplane that didnt quite make it.

Sadly though this isn't true.

America is back into it's nobody can touch us, we're invincible mentality again. They dont care about the rest of the world, except when money and oil comes into it and if nothing happens, the date will simply pass with America stuing in it's own narcasism.

A terrorist attack i'm sure will occur at some stage, or an attempt but nuclear.. doubt it.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am well aware of that tiaw1 mate. Its the radiation, combined with a scheduled attack on 7 cities, which is the main concern here.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiaw1

Originally posted by Genfinity
If it doesnt happen, we'll feel as lucky as everyone in Houston when the hurricane missed or everyone that ran out of the capital on 911 from the airplane that didnt quite make it.

Sadly though this isn't true.

America is back into it's nobody can touch us, we're invincible mentality again. They dont care about the rest of the world, except when money and oil comes into it and if nothing happens, the date will simply pass with America stuing in it's own narcasism.

A terrorist attack i'm sure will occur at some stage, or an attempt but nuclear.. doubt it.

i feel the same. This whole thing from the begging lost all credability when the information was released in a book some guy was selling. Wouldnt some nation in the world break this news story if it was truly going to happen.

there are just way way way to many variables to take into consideration. 10 years of looking/transporting/maintaing nukes....something random would of occured at some point which would get you caught. plus if these weapons have been here, they would surly of been detonated by now. As each day passes the risk grows of getting caught.

and finally like i continue to stress, this isnt some little pipe bomb these bastards are building in their backyard....its a nuke! i tend to think its a lot harder to walk around with a dam WMD without someone finding out.

anyway october will come and go, then thanksgiving will arive with more threats then pass....then x-mas will come and more threats and pass...then all the sudden its july 4 more threats and it passes..then we are back to october 2006 and another "ramadan offensive" from our fellas at world nut will surface...

rest easy people, your fantasy of the world ending like a movie will not occur.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Resembling a terrorist? You mean those of Arabic decent or appearing to be of? Surely you’re trying to be humorous...

If we went around killing everyone wearing a turban or with a “brownish” skin tone, where would we end up? I think we’d end up being genocidal, wouldn’t you agree? Most people believe the Nazis weren’t a very pleasant political party, the chief reason for this is their genocidal actions toward the Jewish and all other non-white communities. Besides, it’s racism and as the smert ones know, racism is based on stupidity, and here at ATS, members are supposed to “deny ignorance,” I believe.

Where would we end up? How about ALIVE! I'm sorry, but in the event of a 7-city nuclear attack by terrorists, I wouldn't risk the lives of my friends and family any longer by trusting the very people who are responsible for these attacks, as well as those who allow them to live amongst them and refuse to do anything about it. To compare that to the Nazi/Jewish situation would be inaccurate. The Jews were no real threat to the Nazis and hadn't launched attacks against innocent German civilians resulting in thousands of casualties. The Jewish people were not threatening the Nazis with weapons of mass destruction.

And likewise, in the event of a collapse of our society, I'd make sure and kill on sight all the redneck looking white boys and anyone with a confederate flag or a southern drawl since I'd an Indian American and am likely to be mistaken for a Muslim.

Just hope you know that I too wouldn't risk my life or the lives of my friends and family members, so if a 7 city nuclear attack went off, you would likely end up between my crosshairs.

Cheers, and may the best man survive.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakyaHeir

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Resembling a terrorist? You mean those of Arabic decent or appearing to be of? Surely you’re trying to be humorous...

If we went around killing everyone wearing a turban or with a “brownish” skin tone, where would we end up? I think we’d end up being genocidal, wouldn’t you agree? Most people believe the Nazis weren’t a very pleasant political party, the chief reason for this is their genocidal actions toward the Jewish and all other non-white communities. Besides, it’s racism and as the smert ones know, racism is based on stupidity, and here at ATS, members are supposed to “deny ignorance,” I believe.

Where would we end up? How about ALIVE! I'm sorry, but in the event of a 7-city nuclear attack by terrorists, I wouldn't risk the lives of my friends and family any longer by trusting the very people who are responsible for these attacks, as well as those who allow them to live amongst them and refuse to do anything about it. To compare that to the Nazi/Jewish situation would be inaccurate. The Jews were no real threat to the Nazis and hadn't launched attacks against innocent German civilians resulting in thousands of casualties. The Jewish people were not threatening the Nazis with weapons of mass destruction.

And likewise, in the event of a collapse of our society, I'd make sure and kill on sight all the redneck looking white boys and anyone with a confederate flag or a southern drawl since I'd an Indian American and am likely to be mistaken for a Muslim.

Just hope you know that I too wouldn't risk my life or the lives of my friends and family members, so if a 7 city nuclear attack went off, you would likely end up between my crosshairs.

Cheers, and may the best man survive.

hmmm... i think you might loose that battle

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Stop this lunatic bickering, neither of you is killing anyone and neither of you will be around here much longer if you are going to continue to talk about killing each other.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There will be a terrorist attack somewhere.

But i cant see it being nuclear.. or on American Soil.

I'm guessing if one happens in October it'll be Europe/Asia/Africa that'll catch the brunt of America's Foreign policy with Train/Plane/Truck bombings of some kind.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiaw1
There will be a terrorist attack somewhere.

But i cant see it being nuclear.. or on American Soil.

I'm guessing if one happens in October it'll be Europe/Asia/Africa that'll catch the brunt of America's Foreign policy with Train/Plane/Truck bombings of some kind.

exactly....there will be suicide bombs of some sort over there, thats it. for terrorists to pull off a nuclear attack in the U.S om 7 cities can be dam close to impossible.

the means to accomplish such a task are astronomical. wait and see, the ramadan will pass without any major attacks on U.S soil. I would be more concerned about the iran/isreal situation.

so im guessing this tread will pick up tomorrow with the usual....nothin happened as of yet, 2pm nothing happening yet...etc....

this link right here however is the first time i have seen any major news source even mention the so called "ramadan offensive".

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 123131p://111 by whskybarjd67]

[edit on 023131p://111 by whskybarjd67]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
If Al-Quiada had a bomb in the US it would have been detonated by now, simply because maintaining them is a pain in the arse, and probably quite dificult to to in a suburban neighbourhood.

There very much a use em or lose em toy.

Arent the nukes they claim to have known as 'suitcase nukes' smuggled out of the Soviet Union during the cold war?

If they are, then they could have been in the US for decades...meaning they've been maintaned for several years already, so im sure they could upkeep them for another few months!

Mic

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
im sure if it happened the USA would retaliate on their home soil in KIND be the end of Middle East for sure.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Arent the nukes they claim to have known as 'suitcase nukes' smuggled out of the Soviet Union during the cold war?

If they are, then they could have been in the US for decades...meaning they've been maintaned for several years already, so im sure they could upkeep them for another few months!

Low yield weapons (20-250 tons) are simple and may last for several years, kiloton yield compact weapons will need intensive service regimens to remain viable... A level of service that is highly unlikely outside of a nuclear weapons depot. Regardless of yield, the non nuclear (as opposed to the "pit") components are subject to the usual aging process, and may cause a weapon to fizzle (fail).

nuclearweaponarchive.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
All this hinges on Bush's whereabouts. The document claimed Bush was hunkered down in Northcom. Sure he is...he's standing in the Oval Office. Either he's managing the 'crisis' from the WH or there is no crisis at all.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Sure he's in the Oval Office today. But today is October 3rd.

Isn't this "Ramadan Offensive" meant for Oct 4th or 5th?

It was interesting to see CNN mention it by name. As a previous poster said, it's the first time i've seen a major news source do so.

Could this mean the threat does exist, but that mainstream media are deliberatly not drawing much attention to it in the hope October will pass off without incident?

After all, Bush has his second term now, so who needs periodic terror scares?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You can be sure that if any supposed "terror" attacks occur during ramadan it damn sure ain't no Muslim, fanatic or not, this is unrealistic. No Muslim would do such a thing and if they do they are not a true Islamic practicing Islam.
Alot of people confuse being Muslim and actually practicing the religion. Who is to say that these "terrorists" are practicing the true beliefs of Islam ?

I know many a Muslim I would not trust to do anything for me and I was born Muslim myself however I do not claim to be one nor do I practice Islam for my own reasons. I do however KNOW that no honest Muslim would do such a thing, even in the name of Allah. Allah does not condone murder nor terror, the world's governments do.
There really is a big difference.

but yeah, I would be skeptical to believe that Muslims would do such a thing using Nukes to kill people during ramadan.

Especially if George is holed up somewhere
guess who I'd be quicker to suspect ?

[edit on 3-10-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
You can be sure that if any supposed "terror" attacks occur during ramadan it damn sure ain't no Muslim, fanatic or not, this is unrealistic. No Muslim would do such a thing and if they do they are not a true Islamic practicing Islam.
Alot of people confuse being Muslim and actually practicing the religion. Who is to say that these "terrorists" are practicing the true beliefs of Islam ?

I know many a Muslim I would not trust to do anything for me and I was born Muslim myself however I do not claim to be one nor do I practice Islam for my own reasons. I do however KNOW that no honest Muslim would do such a thing, even in the name of Allah. Allah does not condone murder nor terror, the world's governments do.
There really is a big difference.

but yeah, I would be skeptical to belive that Muslims would do such a thing using Nukes to kill people during ramadan.

Especially if George is holed up somewhere
guess who I'd be quicker to suspect ?

from what i have read soldiers are excused from ramadan or somthing like that....dont the terrorists claim to be soldiers sent by allah .

who knows doesnt matter casue nothing will happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whskybarjd67

from what i have read soldiers are excused from ramadan or somthing like that....dont the terrorists claim to be soldiers sent by allah .

who knows doesnt matter casue nothing will happen.

I find this hard to believe that any faithful Muslim is excused from ramadan, it is the holy month ... of course I am with you in hoping nothing does happen

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Thats interesting. I never looked at it that way, in which the nukes would have to be 'maintained' while they lay in waiting. I know very little about nukes and it never occurred to me that someone would have to check on them from time to time. I always assumed they could bury them in a hole somewhere and retreive them at their leisure.

Do you have any more info on this ?

Nice observation

Not really, basic fission devices need very little maintanence. You could bury one for years and it would still work. More complex boosted and thermonuclear weapons require stockpile maintanence. Especially with the use of tritium ( thermonulcear fuel ) which decays fairly rapidly. Tritium has tp be replaced every 5-10 years.

So basically if Al-Qaeda had nukes, they'd be of the basic fission kind requiring very minimal maintanence if at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is 704

7 Nukes on the 4th?

Independence Day

704 is Independence Day in the Great Beast which is SUSA!

SUSA is SATAN USA!

The sins of SUSA are grevious!

SUSA murders millions of innocent babies each year!

SUSA stole the land of the redman!

SUSA enslaved the Black man!

SUSA used nuclear weapons on the yellow man!

SUSA steals the natural resources of the world!

SUSA pollutes the beauty of this world!

Now 17 Suicide Dirty Bombers shall contaminate New York City!

And 2 more suicide Dirty Bombers shall contaminate Orlando!

And in the city where America's Independence was born in 17 and 76,

3 more Suicide Dirty Bombers shall contaminate Philadelphia!

3 Symbolic targets in the City of Philly shall be,

The Cracked Bell of Liberty

Independence Hall

And where Old Ben Stands Tall

City Hall

I have a feeling something is going to happen before the end of 2005, and theres not long to go.

link

[edit on 4-10-2005 by markjaxson]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would worry more if some terrorist group would cobble together a dirty bomb than use a stolen / illegally bought suitcase bomb.

Sure, a genuine gee-whiz nuke would add mucho prestige for the group in question if the attack would be successful, but if they'd only want maximal destruction in terms of financial losses and general public unrest, a conventional bomb with added radiological material would do the trick just fine, and be much easier to build or obtain elsewhere.
The material doesn't need to be weapons grade, any dismantled old hospital equipment will do just fine. Or a russian light house...

Source
Source
Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join