It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke terror set for Ramadan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm glad to know that Soviet or other older nuclear weapons aren't a threat as their triggers won't function, but the general threat is still there. A terrorist organization could steal or be given a modern weapon, or multiple modern weapons. Al Qaeda could then immediately bring it/them into the US, and detonate it/them.

We can sit around all day assuming if they have a nuclear device, it's pre-cold war tech, and it's not possible for them to acquire a modern nuke. However, I doubt it would be too difficult for them to get a new one, if they don't already have one. The United States isn't exactly loved by the world community, and many nations are cheap and will sell anything for the right price (Russia, for example).

Another thing is, whichever nation might give them a nuclear device wouldn't have to worry about us tracing it back to them, as they could just say it was stolen, and make up a cover-up story to back them up. The US isn't going to just assume Russia is lying and attack the Motherland. It seems likely someone would give them one or more, if they still have the financial resources to make such a purchase.

[edit on 9/30/2005 by SkyFox2]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

And I acknowledge that we have major holes in our border and port security. But the idea that al Qaida could sneak 7 nuclear weapons into this country without our government even getting a sniff of it or even stopping one of them is kind of outrageous to me.

If thousands of people can sneak across the border in to Arizona and tons of drugs can be smuggled in, then a few nukes shouldn't be that difficult.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
they've been warning about a ramadan attack since 2002. Hasn't happened yet

same goes for the inevitable dec 20th warning about christmas attacks.

they had the same warnings about a tet offensive in vietnam....every year there was going to be one, and it never happened. then, when we were to the point of completely ignoring the warnings, it finally happened. i think the nuclear threat is negligible, but other 9/11 type attacks are quite probable.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

you have guns and ammo? if a nuke goes off, you can come live with me in jersey!

Wow, you're actually admiting to living in New Jersey. Good, thats the first step, the second step is moving out and trying to forget it all. It'll be difficult, but ultimately worth it for you.

Anyway, this article is yet another item in a long string of reasons to never never never take anything WorldNutDaily says seriously.

same goes for the inevitable dec 20th warning about christmas attacks.

Yeah, thos are all bs. But remember don't go to the malls on halloween.

Scary, so veeeeery scaryyyy! Woooooooooo *al-qaida ghost sounds* WooooooooooooOOOOOOooooo nuketerror Wooooooowooooooo

These stories are patently ridiculous. Al-qaida isn't laying back, chilling, waiting for a particular calender date to attack. The instant they get a nuke into the US, its going off. And probably they're setting it off in whereever they can get it to first, russia, italy, paris, etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
if its going to happen i jsut want to to get over with so we can start dealing with the aftermath.

tired of these threats and arguments over what will happen next. I hate the thought of it occuring and i hate the fact we have to worry about a bunch of whackjobs with nukes.

the world will change if this happens...wait to you see the hell that breaks loose afterwords....war drafts, martial law, freedoms loss, countries at war, maybe a nuke war.

its not over the top stuff im saying....if a nuke goes off in our country, thats like a brother sleeping with his brothers wife. Its the ultimate slap in the face and retalitation of equal proportions would follow

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
Whoah, I’m a little bit concerned regarding a few of your comments here:

Originally posted by Cylent773
...till I'm probably shot down by US soldiers. I plan ahead and have a 4 month pack ready plus weapons and ammo. Bring it...

Why would you fight the Americans? The terrorists would be the ones who detonated a nuclear device within your city. I don’t see the logic in fighting your government for actions taken against you by forces who oppose your government and you yourself as you are a citizen of your government. Granted there is reason to believe the US is behind terrorism, there’s not enough proof to attack US soldiers, it’s the equivalent of the US invading Iran on a hunch.

Anyhow, going Rambo on your fellow countrymen and those who joined the military to fight those who are a threat to your freedom and security is hardly going to earn you a place in the record books as a hero. You might be lucky enough to be remembered as the psycho who went…well psycho. I’m not calling you nuts or anything, but that’s just what would likely happen.

It could also hurt the NRA, as people might say “take away our guns before another Cylent type attacks occurs!” by the way.

...we'll stockpile everything here and go wipe out anyone that even resembles a terrorist!

Resembling a terrorist? You mean those of Arabic decent or appearing to be of? Surely you’re trying to be humorous...

If we went around killing everyone wearing a turban or with a “brownish” skin tone, where would we end up? I think we’d end up being genocidal, wouldn’t you agree? Most people believe the Nazis weren’t a very pleasant political party, the chief reason for this is their genocidal actions toward the Jewish and all other non-white communities. Besides, it’s racism and as the smert ones know, racism is based on stupidity, and here at ATS, members are supposed to “deny ignorance,” I believe.

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
If Al-Quiada had a bomb in the US it would have been detonated by now, simply because maintaining them is a pain in the arse, and probably quite dificult to to in a suburban neighbourhood.

There very much a use em or lose em toy.

Not necessarily, if Al Qaeda had one or more nuclear weapons within the United States, Al Qaeda may choose to wait until they can locate and deploy more, in order to increase the devastation. Attacking one city won’t cripple our economy or way of life (most likely) and they know this, they’re not stupid. In fact, I would wait until Al Qaeda had as many as I thought Al Qaeda could obtain within the next few years, if I were their leader, before deploying or detonating. It’s just the smart thing to do.

Regarding their requiring a great deal of upkeep, I’ve never heard this. What type of regular maintenance would be required to properly maintain them? I believe we from time to time test our nuclear weapons (ICBMs, tactical missiles, etc), but I wasn’t aware we actually had to do anything with/to them in order to keep them functioning adequately.

Fox: I wouldnt be going "rambo" or firing on US soldiers... I was a US soldier and im seriously thinking of re-upping. I'm just pointing out (maybe i worded it wrong), that if a nuke strike on 7 cities happened and i wasnt taken out by the initial blast, i have enough MRE's , supplies, weapons and ammo to last me about 4-5 months. The comment I made about being shot down by US soldiers is about this, say youre an army soldier patroling a nuked out city. You see me walking down the street with an assault rifle, you tell me to stop and drop it, I say ABSOLUTELY not, your orders would be to fire on me, maybe not with lethal force, but fire on me non the less.

If something like this were to happen. (im talking the nukes here), there would be no one to help me but myself. I dont want to take anyone down, thats not what my rifle and side arm are for, they are to protect me, at all costs.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
And guess where the open door is for Al Qaida?

Top immigration enforcer forced to Resign by Bush for planning full court press!
Posted on Friday, September 30 @ 11:48:14 EDT
Topic: George Bush President immigrants
www.alipac.us...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
How credible is Red-Ice-Guy's source?

Is Bushy really still at Northcom? And why Cheney? That doesnt make sense. Cheney was still in Washington when Bush went earlier, wasn't he? If he's there, he's getting out of Washington for a reason...

I believe there will be a nuke attack, and soon. Having said that, I also believe that Oct 4 will come and go normally. Maybe a bomb in the middle east, a car blowing up, but nothing nuclear...

7 dirty bombs? Likely. Old russian devices that will not produce much yield but will make the cities in which they are in inhospitable. One more thing: If Bush knows so much about this threat he is bunkering down, why the hell isnt he doing anything to stop it?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mudja
How credible is Red-Ice-Guy's source?

Is Bushy really still at Northcom? And why Cheney? That doesnt make sense. Cheney was still in Washington when Bush went earlier, wasn't he? If he's there, he's getting out of Washington for a reason...

I believe there will be a nuke attack, and soon. Having said that, I also believe that Oct 4 will come and go normally. Maybe a bomb in the middle east, a car blowing up, but nothing nuclear...

7 dirty bombs? Likely. Old russian devices that will not produce much yield but will make the cities in which they are in inhospitable. One more thing: If Bush knows so much about this threat he is bunkering down, why the hell isnt he doing anything to stop it?

if you were in control of a country would you have released this to the public causing mass panic, economic collapse, and everything else to follow..... or would you keep it hush hush, hope that somehow somthing stops these bastards....

there will be no nuke attack....sorry people.

[edit on 093131p://666 by whskybarjd67]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Resembling a terrorist? You mean those of Arabic decent or appearing to be of? Surely you’re trying to be humorous...

If we went around killing everyone wearing a turban or with a “brownish” skin tone, where would we end up? I think we’d end up being genocidal, wouldn’t you agree? Most people believe the Nazis weren’t a very pleasant political party, the chief reason for this is their genocidal actions toward the Jewish and all other non-white communities. Besides, it’s racism and as the smert ones know, racism is based on stupidity, and here at ATS, members are supposed to “deny ignorance,” I believe.

Where would we end up? How about ALIVE! I'm sorry, but in the event of a 7-city nuclear attack by terrorists, I wouldn't risk the lives of my friends and family any longer by trusting the very people who are responsible for these attacks, as well as those who allow them to live amongst them and refuse to do anything about it. To compare that to the Nazi/Jewish situation would be inaccurate. The Jews were no real threat to the Nazis and hadn't launched attacks against innocent German civilians resulting in thousands of casualties. The Jewish people were not threatening the Nazis with weapons of mass destruction.

I know I may sound like a racist, biggot, moron, etc. But if this nuclear attack occurs then I'm not going to be giving anyone the benefit of the doubt anymore. The entire nation, and the world as we know it, will cease to exist. We'll probably end up with chaos and anarchy here at home, living in individual "tribal" factions. And the point I was making, which was in a half-joking manner ANYWAY, was that I wouldn't allow anyone of Arab descent in or around my compound! Unless I actually see the Muslim community, both here at home and abroad, actually stand up and really do something to combat terrorism and to root out the terrorists that they know are living amongst them, then they are no better and no more deserving of trust than the radical Islamofascists themselves.

But please feel free to be Mr. Peace and live amongst the outcast Muslims after 7 US cities are nuked and millions are killed. We'll see how long it is before your infidel rear-end winds up in an orange jumpsuit with his head chopped off with a dull butter knife on video!

Now since the joking in my first post went way over your head and you decided to give me some "i'm better than you are Dr. King lecture" let me be sure to include a bunch of these: LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Guys on topic!

Does anyone have other info regarding the oct 4th and a possible attack? Google indexes 3 sites for the link - the site itself, ATS, and a third one. Not very well known then...

i keep looking

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Same crap, different year.

I'm not so much worried about a nuclear attack as what might happen afterward...like martial law....

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Depending on which thoery you follow, a nuke attack in the USA now would be ideal, no offence to the good people of the USA, the attack would be ideal for those that control the world.
USA nuked, Iran blamed, Iran invaded/attack by US troops. Attack will be classed as being justified and will have 100% backing. If the US attack Iran now the government might find it hard getting support from anyone let alone the good people of America.

So ask yourself, who gains more from a nuke attack on US soil? Some terrorist in cave or the NWO?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I dont know what to believe anymore in regards to this supposed Nuke Terror Threat.

Part of me thinks all of the guys who are dismissing this will soon be proven fatally wrong. And i'm also tempted by the endless warnings and threats of this happening when nothing ever does.

But could it be a cry wolf situation?

A nuke terror strike on America would change the world FOREVER. It would be in a different league to 9/11, Hurricane Katrina or London.

And really, if there is such a threat... would we ever hear about it on the news?

The mass panic and hysteria caused by such an annoucement would be on a similar scale to Aliens landing or a comet heading for earth. It would de-stabilise the whole country and sent USA into chaos.

So i guess either nothing will ever happen (unlikely) or we'll wake up some day to see a mushroom cloud over New York.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I refuse to believe the American government would nuke its own people just to give them the public support to invade Iran. The negative effects from a nuclear attack on America would far outweigh any positive effects they could hope to gain by invading Iran. Now lets assume that our government is behind this plan to nuke 7 major US cities. The result will be millions in immediate casualties, followed by probably millions more in the years to come from the effects of the radiation. Our economy and the stock market would collapse. We would lose all of the financial income from those 7 major cities, not to mention the tax dollars coming from those millions of dead American citizens. The cleanup and confinement of those cities would cost even more money, relocating the survivors, and medical care for the survivors add even more to the cost.

And what's the positive side of this? Invading Iran? We'd get their oil reserves, which may be the second largest in the world. But we're already in posession of Iraq's oil which is no small amount by any stretch of the imagination. We are also Saudi Arabia's closest Western ally, so we pretty much have unlimited access to their oil as their regime depends on us to keep them in power. Granted, we would remove a potential threat to ourselves and an ally (Israel) but would it really be worth nuking 7 US cities? The "NWO" may want complete control of the US and its people but I doubt they would want us after 7 major cities have been nuked and the radiation is spreading across the country via the gulf stream.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I live in a major city. *IF* I survived a nuke attack on the city I live in, I would want to put together a suicide it containing a gun, pills, whatever.

Its alot better then letting the radiation run its course. And remember that anywhere and everywhere you go, you are contaminating.

I would suggest you get a weather disaster plan together (a weather disaster plan sounds better to your family, friends, and coworkers then a terrorist disaster plan). Whatever your wallet and your marriage will support.

If a nuke goes off anywhere in the world and your in a major city, get out! If your city survives, martial law might come to your city and you dont want to be there when it does (unless you have a martial law hookup).

Anyway, Tuesday and Wednesday will come and go. If it happens, its every man for himself. If it doesnt happen, we'll feel as lucky as everyone in Houston when the hurricane missed or everyone that ran out of the capital on 911 from the airplane that didnt quite make it.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why keep telling yourself that it isnt going to happen? It has been about long enough that another terrorist attack needs to happen. Americans are back to their lazy dont-care-about-the-world attitudes and need to be frightened and their rights taken away immediatly. We need to be massivly evacuated to hundreds of camps around the country as martial law sweeps through the nation and natural disasters ravish the land. We need to give up our guns and knives and seperate into Red and Blue lists to die. Okay fine maybe it is better to make-believe that nothing is going to happen but the bottom line is that it has been way too long without some kind of true terrorist threat or attack and i feel it in the air..........not literally-yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Having thought about it - I really can't see this happening ...

The 7 suitcase nuke story was running in July 2004 too - (It seems to be mention on that site in connection with a book).

Assuming these suitcase nukes exist and are available - what's the anticipated explosive yield anyway ?

You are not going to have an American Hiroshima on the back of a 'suitcase nuke' are you - the damage will be massive in psychological terms, but actual asset damage isn't going to be very great is it ? (apart from the people directly involved of course).

What about the ongoing viability - as posted above, it's regarded as non-trivial keeping a nuke upto scratch - you may end up with a dirty-bomb, or a lower yield but maybe not the nuke you were
expecting.

So if it's a suitcase nuke, a car of van would do nicely as the delivery vehicle - unless it does just fizz as a dirty bomb - then the clean-up will be much easier).

If AQ has anything bigger - what's the delivery then - clearly they have no ballistic missile capability (or are we now believing that they do ?) - Trucks, shipping or rail I guess. Of these shipping would surely be the biggest worry especially given the steps to monitor the major road routes - but again, what's the maintenance going to be like - I can't see keeping a nuke at sea is going to make for an easy life for it.

I guess if your only firing the bullets for a sovereign government, and that government has been looking after the thing properly, then that's a different story - but as every nuke leaves an identifiable isotope signature, clearly pointing home, I can't see that being much of an option either (unless it's an American nuke of course conspiracy theorists)...

Maybe we'll see more suicide bombs - maybe even some big truck sized stuff in packed places, but on the nuclear idea ... I remain to be convinced.

Some links I found quite useful on suitcase nukes:
Rotton.com - I know ... but it's ok, really it is.
Center for Nonproliferation Studies
National Terror Alert

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0951
Having thought about it - I really can't see this happening ...

The 7 suitcase nuke story was running in July 2004 too - (It seems to be mention on that site in connection with a book).

Yes, it mentions and supports this - it even quotes the same number, in all evidence this supports the claim. Dirty bombs, yes, and you know how AQ likes simulataneous attacks - look at July 7. This will be the promised American Hiroshima. My brother is in LA, probably one of the targeted cities. Before I call him I must be convinced there is a threat...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Arghhh Dirty Bombs!

When will people realise dirty bombs cause virtually no more damage than a conventional one! They increase cancer risks over like a 50 year period. I remember reading countless articles about how Al Qaeda realised years ago they were pointless and that for real destruction they'd have to go elsewhere.

But then again, the media hypes something and before you know it the laws of physics change.

In regards to WND - i read their "American Hiroshima" horror story sometime back in July predicting big things for the 60th anniversairy of the Hiroshima, strangely enough.

It's also strange but not surprising that these articles are written in connection to

a) a book, which is advertised at the end of each article
and
b) a subscription fee, which apparently gives you even more information on the coming "nuclear hellstorm"

For goodness sake... there may well be a threat but people making money out of scare mongering is about as low as you can go.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join