It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Chief Justice John Roberts you punks...and there goes Roe v Wade?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by kegs

In the US they would travel to Canada or Mexico. I'll leave up to you to imagine what those desperate for an abortion and too poor or unable to travel to either will do.

Exactly, abortion will continue, but only the women with financial means will be able to get it in a better enviroment.

The rest of the poor will be relegated to "Old Fashiong Coat Hanger" procedures or the "Old Fashion Miracle Concussions" to be either killed by bleeding or get poisoned.

Oh, great, the Entitlement Card.
"So and so is rich and gets to do illegal stuff--so why can't I!?"

If abortion is legalized and the rich want to blow their money to go overseas and kill their child--that's their problem. They're the ones that will have to deal with the consequences, such as injury or even death from the abortion, a guilty conscience later on, possible infertility--it goes on.

Funny how the illegitimacy rate skyrocketed post-Roe.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yes, Amethyst, of course the ammount would go up.

Because prior to that they were illegal and nobody knows for sure how many were in fact done.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Because prior to that they were illegal and nobody knows for sure how many were in fact done.

It was nowhere near the hundred thousand that they were spouting out 35 years ago.

As far as the "coat hanger" thing--if a woman makes that choice to kill her unborn child and dies in the process, well, that's her fault. I know it sounds cold-hearted, but hey, she was committing a crime and trampling on her unborn child's rights, much like a burglar tramples on his victim's rights--and he deserves it if he gets shot at in the process.

You make the choice and you pay the price. You shouldn't be hollering at the government to make it so you can screw around all you want and not have to pay the piper. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thanks for clarifying my question about MR. Meade.
I am not familiar with the writings of "George Herbert Mead". I appreciate the clarification. I will have to look his name up on the web.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

Originally posted by Odium

It was nowhere near the hundred thousand that they were spouting out 35 years ago.

How do you know?

Or do you just think that it wasn't?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join