It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealands Spy Base (waihopai)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
actually the airport in blenheim is just off to the side of woodbourne airbase.
which IS big enough for a 747.
i have landed there on a RNZAF pers transport aircraft, dont know what its called just know its as big as any 747 iv ever been on.
coincidentally woodbourne is only 30mins drive from waihopai.
i grew up in Blenheim you see.
and served in RNZIR and i did my para course at woodbourne.
oh and whoever said that Wellington airport isnt big enough for a 747 obviously hasnt been to Wellington.
im looking out my window at Wellington airport right now.
trust me,
its big enough.
its the damn capital of New Zealand for christs sake!!!!
ooh ooh.
there goes a 747 right now!!!!
and guess what????
its landing!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Captain Bruce Cathie released two books..More probably but they are the ones I remember called Harmonic 695 and harmonic 33 ..aboutt these bases and echelon and the earth grids. The books were released in the 80's great reads if you can get hold of them well worth it

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by quaneeri

This is by the spy base..any ideas on what exactly it is??

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wardr08e

This is close to the big green circle crop things? I don't know much about the circles except they appear to have massive irrigation systems..anyway it's not far from the base..any ideas plz??

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I live not too far from Bleinheim, I saw on the local newspaper the other day that a few local protesters managed to get right up to the structures, and deflated one of the balls. They were in court and the judge done good and let 'em off !!

Link:
www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wardr08e

Stop lying, get a source. Go on google Earth and measure the runway at Blenheim, or don't worry about it because I already have - 4,688 feet in length compared to Christchurch which is 2 miles long. A 747 could theoretically land at Blenheim provided it is devoid of any interior fit-out or fuel, but it's never been done before!

Wellington, at 6352 feet is at the bare minimum for a 747 and, nope, no 747's service it. They didn't at the time that you posted, and they don't today - even with a runway extension. The short bodied 747SP service lasted 4 years between 1981 and 1985. (Source)

As a pilot, I would have thought you would know what a 747 looks like... oh well.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If I could add my two cents worth here for a moment.

I have always been fascinated with Waihopai and GCSB in general. There are infact 2 bases operated by GCSB Waihopai is the more widely known one then there is the small one at Tangimoana which intercepts radio communications.

I've noticed a few people linking what occurs at Christchurch international airport with Waihopai and thats just incorrect. Christchurch is the only international airport in the south island currently handling large aircraft like 747's and starlifters and thats true. Frequently there are Starlifters and C5's at the airport which are used by the USAF the purpose of these is for the Antarctica Research program which is known as Operation Deep Freeze there are a couple of hangars located at Christchurch which are considered USAF owned therefore it counts as a base just in that small location.

If anything is to be transported to Waihopai it will be taken by truck as a few trucks moving there wouldn't really awaken much local suspicion.

I know we all like to try and connect the dots and find a bigger conspiracy amongst the information but sometimes it seems logic gets thrown out the window in the process.

If you were running a secret operation where there is generally only road access how would you do it?.

I think logically you use several standard transport vehicles and you move the "payload" at night much like what house moving operations do due to less traffic in the dead of night plus most people wont notice whats going on from behind their eyelids.

Tangimoana is for radio communications intercepts
Waihopai is SIGNIT and only for satellite intercepts

Both operated by GCSB (Government Communications Security Bureau)

There is no reason why even running a secret operation you wouldn't do things logically during operational activity even government agencies have to work within the frame work of their funding and capabilities.

I know this personally as the Government agency i work for has a limited budget and most things done are pretty logical from a funding perspective
edit on 26-3-2011 by DesirableAnswers because: Corrected alittle info

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join