It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush Being Stingy with Aid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm getting the distinct impression lately that this administration will throw money at something that benefits it, but when it comes to helping the people of this country, we're kind of on our own.

Washington Post

Senate Finance Committee members complained Wednesday that the Bush administration is blocking a bipartisan $9 billion health care package for hundreds of thousands of evacuees from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
"We can work with everybody, including the administration, or against them, and I'm prepared to go either way," said Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss. "But I'm going to look after our people first."

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yeah, we don't want to make these poor people choose between buying an Escalade or getting health insurance. (True story, I work in Lafayette, Louisiana)

Too bad I didn't sell it.

This health care package is just a trial balloon for nationalized health care, and I am totally against that.

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
congratz Republican America!

Once again we witness the faliure of MR Bush in the presidency.Lets re-cap
on all the wonderful contributions he has made the great land to the west!

-Slow response to Katrina
-Slow response on Osama,the key cause of 9/11
(by the way its almost as if the media and many others completely forgot about him)
-Iraq(ofcourse,who could forget Iraq)
-Cutting the american forces from 150,000 to 10,000 on the search for taliban officials and Osama and wasting them in Iraq.
-over 30,000 innocent deaths for no good cause whatso ever
-over 2,000 Us troops deaths
-Ignoring the nations opinions(especially democrats)
-Stubborness
-Strained relationship with Arabs states.
-Ignore close allie advice,e.g Germany and France
-Dis-respecting,ignoring UN policy
-Going into war illigally without any proof
-Mis-leading the american public of the existence of warheads in Iraq when their wasnt.
-Increase in carbombings.More risk to innocent civilians

Now i know that all of you have heard this time and time again.And i can predict that many here will get defensive.But this is reality.And you cannot get rid of the flaws the Bush administration had made.This will come up time and time again.

Its time to wake up republican America.Its time realise.You can`t defend for long.I too am i saved christain,i read the bible as often as i can.But i am sick of what this government has done.Iv lost my confidence in mr Bush.And
I can promise you theres millions t follow.

Rest in peace Katrina victims.Rest impeace for all who lost their lives under this administration.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Yeah, we don't want to make these poor people choose between buying an Escalade or getting health insurance. (True story, I work in Lafayette, Louisiana)

Too bad I didn't sell it.

This health care package is just a trial balloon for nationalized health care, and I am totally against that.

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Carseller4]

Why are you against nationalized healthcare??
Should not all americans have healthcare. affordable that is???
Or do you think it is a privelege for the wealthy???

Im from Holland myself and everyone has healthcare, rich and poor.
The rich pay more then the poor and this is how it ought to be imho.

The USA, the most powerfull country in the world cant even provide for their citizens??what is this about.
I think the USA is a bunch of corrupt crock, and money is more important then anything.

WHy exactly are you against nation
al healthcare???

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A nation is only as powerful as the individual people that make up the nation. It is the individual's responsibility to take care of his needs, not the government's. Senser, you are going a little over the top in that insurance is only for the wealthy, and I believe I'm not the only one to know that, right?

Why are you so against earning your own way? Why must Bush supply it? Why is it that Bush is supposed to supply everything the hurricane victims; any who seem to not be able to stop being victims?

Why do I have to pay for my family's insurance and everyone else's? Why are you so against a man earning his own way?

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wait a moment here, If I have not miss understood, our government is been stingy when it comes to the people of this nations, moment of need.

But when it comes to a war that we didn't ask for it in a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. . .money was not a problem?

Are the priorities of our nation of none importance to this administration?

What is the difference here, Thomas, your and my tax payer money is been used in Iraq, how come is a sin to use it to help a fellow American in need.

Don't let strong feelings blind your hart Thomas.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Wait a moment here, If I have not miss understood, our government is been stingy when it comes to the people of this nations, moment of need.

This is what you have heard, marg, not what is necessarily true.

But when it comes to a war that we didn't ask for it in a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. . .money was not a problem?

We have also spent billions on space exploration. And billions in aid to Africa. Apples and oranges.

What is the difference here, Thomas, your and my tax payer money is been used in Iraq, how come is a sin to use it to help a fellow American in need.

Sin?
Oh the drama!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Time to tear it apart...

Originally posted by blackSt33L

That was the responsiblity of FEMA, not our president. Do you yell at the CEO of your company if the mail room screws up? NO. The director of FEMA has been replaced.

Slow? Wow. Two countries taken down in 4 years..you call that slow?

(by the way its almost as if the media and many others completely forgot about him)

What about Iraq? Thank Syria. Ohh, dont worry..they are on the list.

-Cutting the american forces from 150,000 to 10,000 on the search for taliban officials and Osama and wasting them in Iraq.

We've killed most of them, thus we need less resources.

Glad to see you support a dictator!

While unfortunate, that is relatively low compared to past confilicts. Seems our tech is working no?

Who is he ignoring? He has responded to every major issue brought up?

-Stubborness

Where?

Really? Not my problem. They need to learn to manage themselves better.

LOL. Now thats funny.

The UN is defunct. Oil for food? Sure, I'll trust them.

Give me YOUR proof in regards to this statement, I am sure you have high level access at Washington.

-Mis-leading the american public of the existence of warheads in Iraq when their wasnt.

You found this out when? What resources do you have at your disposal that the U.S. doesn't, I mean, you knew before we did.

And? A good example of why they need to be policed. They are doing it to themselves. America does not car bomb.

Now i know that all of you have heard this time and time again.And i can predict that many here will get defensive.But this is reality.And you cannot get rid of the flaws the Bush administration had made.This will come up time and time again.

Its time to wake up republican America.Its time realise.You can`t defend for long.I too am i saved christain,i read the bible as often as i can.But i am sick of what this government has done.Iv lost my confidence in mr Bush.And

Rest in peace Katrina victims.Rest impeace for all who lost their lives under this administration.

Two spaces after periods.

EDIT: The color tags on this board don't work right. I am not gonna try to fix them anymore.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by crisko]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackSt33L

-Stubborness

We need more people like a Phil Donahue, like a Michael Savage to get the point across the stubborn of our nation. We are being lied to by one of the biggest liars, cheats, and thief of all-time. We knew, even I knew, that Ol' Saddam did not have any WMDs. Also, it's people like Condi Rice that spread baby goergie's lies all around the world. Iraq wasn't a threat to us, it never was a threat. The only reason that our once great relations with the Arab World was destroyed is because of the morons sitting in the White House. I believe that it is going to take something that Bush knows he did to come out that would make last year's Memogate look like a fire drill. Oh, let me dig into my "files" here, would it be the insider trading he was guilty of when he owned the Texas Rangers baseball team??? Would it be the Dessertion of Duty he was guilty of during Vietnem???

I believe that if either one or both of these accusations were to come out, it would be the end of The Bush Family Regime as we know it. Plus, isn't invading a soveriegn nation a violation of the by-laws of the Geneva Convention??? I believe whole-heartedly that it is against the laws of said document. Cindy Sheehan wanted a conference with him about Iraq, and his sorry ass refused to speak to her. Committing or incurring any civilian deaths during a war is punishible by DEATH! As for fixing the problems he made, we could just kick the whole administration out, screw impeachment proceedings. Plus, how can the Majority Leader of the House of Reps. be charged with conspiracy and all that other good stuff, when we have a so-called "President" in office that has committed crimes like this? For example, sitting on his ass when this country was being "attacked" on 9-11. Here's another thing, why don't we, we as in the U.N., set up a Nuremburg-style trials up and hang Bushs', Cheney's, and Rice's ass by their necks???

Sorry for the explictive laden post, but I've got to vent out what I feel about this "administration".

new topics

top topics

join