It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MOON created by Aliens????...................Was it built for us?????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I once theorized and still firmly believe that the moon wasn't formed the same time as Earth and is in fact an asteroid that was caught up in Earth's gravity.

However, as for it being hollow and placed by extraterrestrials is also a possibility. It is perfect in it's formation and nobody has explored inside the moon's surface.

No doubt if we don't have the answers, the future generations will.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
I once theorized and still firmly believe that the moon wasn't formed the same time as Earth and is in fact an asteroid that was caught up in Earth's gravity.

You're correct... current thinking is that it formed after the Earth.

HOWEVER, it's too big for an asteroid. Asteroids are little and lumpy (like coal or rocks in a river bed.)

However, as for it being hollow and placed by extraterrestrials is also a possibility. It is perfect in it's formation and nobody has explored inside the moon's surface.

I'm not sure what you mean about "perfect." It's a perfect moon, yes (like all the other moons) but beyond that there isn't anything pure about it.

And no, they're not likely to explore inside. We know it's solid (moonquakes and other measurements show that this is so.)

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I would say that the only part of this discussion can be counted as a genuine startling fact.

The Sun is indeed exactly 400 times larger than the moon and in fact the moon IS in fact exactly the right distance to appear to be the same size as the sun to us.

This is either a very strange coincidence or it is by design. Now should this be by design then the amount of energy that it would require to do something on that scale would mean that there must be a very real and present purpose of the moon.

Our current scientific understanding of how the moon was created is as follows;

When the sun was born it formed rings of dust around it that over millions of years condensed by mean of the dusts own mass, into proto planets.

This is how planets are formed... In standard solar system formation theory.

Now what appears to have happened with the moon and the earth is that there were in fact two proto planets occupying the same orbital radius around the sun. One of these proto planets was travelling at a different speed to the other and so eventually the two proto planets collided.

The already malleable proto planet that is the earth was literally melted and absorbed the other proto planet. As a consequence of the earth actually melting, a small droplet of the molten earth was ejected and was caught in the gravity of the young earth and became the moon.

This is the scientific theory of how the moon was created.

This is the version I stick to on a professional level.... However, I would like to draw everyone’s attention the size and distance of the moon in relation to the sun.

That is a rather large pill to swallow… Inquiring minds need to know…

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Neon Haze]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Okay, far too many people here think the moon was built by aliens. You people got me thinking, how can people it be possible for people to believe in something that defies all forms reasoning and logic like this? Really people, just because you believe in something really, really much, doesnt make it true.

For starters the moon is not hollow, the moon has taken quite a beating. One of the more major impacts was by an asteroid that created the Imbrium Basin that happened 3,600 million years ago. The crater has filled with lava. They whole Earth-facing side of the moon was covered by lava over a period of millions of years. Indication of this was the massive amounts of basalt on the floor of the basin and the rest of the moon's surface. That's why it isn't as cratered as the dark side. Where did large volumes of lava come from if the Moon is hollow?

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here's a thought......how about that the moon, Earth and everything in the universe was created by God. Hmmmmmmm. Seems logical, doesn't it?

Imagine a divine creator who can see the entire parade, beginning to end, so to speak. A creator that knew that the moon would need to be right where it was and the size that it is for humans to exist. Imagine the devotion and thought into all that was created for us.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i didnt even think this i was just stating wot it said in a newspaper

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anitawee
i didnt even think this i was just stating wot it said in a newspaper

A newspaper??? What might this "newspaper" be called?

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here is some evidence that moon is a space ship
www.informantnews.com...
and some even more but it is totally out of thiis world
www.2012.com.au...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
is there any really solid evidence could prove that the moon are possibly hollow. I tried to google some story on it , but most of them are not real.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tobycd
is there any really solid evidence could prove that the moon are possibly hollow.

How about hollow evidence that the moon is solid?

The fact that the mass of the moon could not be what it is, if in fact the moon was hollow should be enough evidence for anyone.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The moon was created by an impact or by material still moving in orbit around the young Earth. The moon being so light is due to the lack of heavier elements. Heavier material would sink in a molten soup of elements like what the Earth was when it was forming. Most of our Iron and Nickel found it's way to the core as the Earth was forming in the solar nebula. Lighter elements settled higher up in the mantle and crust.

This supports both of the moon theories.

1. Impact! - An object struck the Earth and the lighter material was ejected into space. Leaving the majority of the Iron and heavy elements deeper down in the core alone. This formed a planetary nebula of light material that clumped together and formed the moon.

2. Planetary Nebula - Like said above, except the material was remaining in orbit from the formation of the Earth. The lighter material didn't clump together in the formation of Earth but later formed the moon as they began to clump together in orbit.

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The universe has been around for what, 10 billion years? And the earth for like 3-4billion? I dont know the exact numbers, but you get the idea. Ok now lets try to imagine how much our technology has grown in 200 years.. now after say, a billion years, it would be pretty advanced. We would be all over space, have gigantic space stations, etc. Now an alien intelligence could easily be a few hundred million years ahead of us. And even been super advanced long before our planet cooled down. Theres nothing in science saying aliens dont exist. Its totally reasonable for people to belive that another planet of life forming only a few hundred millions years before us would be WAY more advanced and capable of things we can barely imagine.

Huge space stations shaped like our moon made of a seriously thick layer of metal, could survive and impact from a ball of ice in space. Or actual moons or planets (as our moon is more planet-like anyways) could be converted into movable space stations. It would be easier than building a Death Star. And it would be able to sustain impacts and so on. Plus it would have the ability to keep it orbit from deteriorating and keeps its same face towards us like our moon. The earths spin pulls on satillites, like if you imagine a whirpool with things floating near the edge, they get moved along by the vortex. Anyways our moons orbit has never changed even with this known space warping effect by the Earth.

Now I was reading not too long ago about things that were odd in space. One thing was the moon of course. Also Pluto's moon stays in the exact same spot of the sky everyday forever. And how all other moons are different in our solar system, mosty small rocky chuncks. Anyways there are "star" type objects in space that do not give off light like any star or planet or other space object known. They act more like lightbulbs, or beacons, left in space by an ancient race of beings who conquored space travel. Anyways the point is theres plenty of things around here that are completely strange and are lacking explanation from the scientists who are in charge of studying these things.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
Huge space stations shaped like our moon made of a seriously thick layer of metal, could survive and impact from a ball of ice in space.

What type of "seriously thick layer of metal" would be dense enough to have the same mas as a solid ball of rock?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
In fact the moon's orbit has been changing. The moon is gradually moving away from the Earth.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
In fact the moon's orbit has been changing. The moon is gradually moving away from the Earth.

any link about this theory?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tobycd

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

any link about this theory?

Repeat after me:

"Google is my friend"

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
the newspaper was the daily express

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Eagle hit it on the button in the post above. Moon was formed from the remnants of a planet on planet collision. In Zero gravity, an astronanut put salt in a plastic bag aboard the ISS few years ago. He saw the salt float around separatly untill he shook the bag. After the friction, the salt began to clump up inside the bag forming mini balls of rock. That's a revealation in my mind.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
When an eclipse occures it allows us to study the corona of the sun. No other planet (that we know of) has this sort of visual effect caused by its moon.

Then there is the other rather nice co-incidence, I mean.. if it was NOT there or perhaps.. or in geosync orbit with our planet.. it might never provide light to us in the evening (reflecting the sun) .. in fact it could have just as easily blocked the sun entirely. Our ancestors would have thought there was a giant black spot in their sky with a bright ring around it, instead of two seperate objects in space. Or nights would be very dark indeed.

I was sure there was some dispute as to the age of the moon and our own planet. Which led to SOME scientists believing that it HAD traveled from further away and SOMEHOW ended up getting caught in our gravity well, although.. that isn't actually possible and therefore.. HOW or WHERE the moon came from is still a relative unknown.

Never the less.. its really pretty, and we're lucky that its in the place that its in, providing the service to us that it does.

Though, I'd love to believe that its an alien research station. And that they are still there.. watching over their creation. Monitoring our progress.

Though, I also like the way Free put it.. the idea that our true creator placed it there for us intentionally to help us unravel the the truth about how our universe works, and also.. so that we would never have to know the real darkness of night.

-VMX

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
interesting topic i have some info that may be helpful, the earth-moon-sun relationship has some mathematical similarities...

366= the number of rotations in an earth year

366= the number of megalithic yards in 1 Mg second of arc of the earth

366%= the percentage size moon to earth

400= the ratio of the size of the moon to that of the sun

1/400th the number of times the moon is closer to the earth than the sun

40,000= the number of megalithic yards in 1 Mg second of arc of the sun

40,000= the number of kilometers the earth turns on its axis every day

400= the number of kilometers the moon turns on its axis in one day

10,000= the number of days in 366 lunar orbits

100= the number of megalithic yards in 1 Mg second of arc of the moon

400= the number of times the earth rotates faster than the moon

109.28= the ratio of the size of the earth to that of the sun

109.25= the number of earth diameters across the diameter of the sun

109.26= the number of solar diameters across the earths orbit at aphleion

27.322= the sidereal days in 1 lunar orbit (27.322x4=109.2)

27.322%= the percentage size earth to moon

10,920.8= the size of the moon in kilometers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join