It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MOON created by Aliens????...................Was it built for us?????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The moon is alot more special to use than we think..........was it built for use?

We no the moon influences the tides and is correlated with womens menstual cycles and that the lunar months were used to measure time. Some thought crops grew better in the "face of the moon", many cultures attribute supernatural powers to the moon hence werewolves but it is more helpful than u think.

It is thought the moon was made for us. The moons pull stabilises the axial tilt of the earth- meaning the earth doesnt wobble more wildy. This tilt creates seasons and the range of temperature isnt as big as if it wasn on a tilt - the oceans wud be frozen and equatorial regions wud be too hot to sustain life.

Apparently the tides have caused a vital role in evolution. The first organisms to come out of the oceans and live on land were probably mollusc like creatues stranded in rock pools at low tide.

It is also known the the moons gravational pull has slowed the spin of earth. This wud cause short days which may of stop complex life evolving.

The moon being the exact size it is and being in the exact position that it is between the earth and the sun cann0ot be a fortunate fluke . During a total eclipse the moon seens to be exactly the same size as the sun. The moon is 1/400th the diameter of the sun yet the moon is 400 times nearer to earth than the sun.

It has also been suggested that the moon is hollow like the "death star"
as the moon is only 60% as dense as the earth. this idea is based on an incident during apollo13 mission. part of the disposable rocket crashed into the moon and the seismometer picked up a reading that the moon was ringing like a bell.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
plz tell me what u think

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It seems ludicrous but Im a big conspiracy geek so ill play along.

The argument you put across is very good, it all seems to add up, but what if it was all just coincedance, what if all life on this planet is just fluke?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Uhhhh.....the moon is left from an impact with the proto Earth - it is actually moving away from us ever so slowly. It is fortunate indeed that is there for without it we wouldnt exsist. We are the result of the moons exsistence - not it's cause - a little humility perhaps you should have

Alias Jones

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by anitawee
This tilt creates seasons and the range of temperature isnt as big as if it wasn on a tilt - the oceans wud be frozen and equatorial regions wud be too hot to sustain life.

Where is the research to support this idea??

The first organisms to come out of the oceans and live on land were probably mollusc like creatues stranded in rock pools at low tide.

The first organisms to get onto land were insects and riverdwelling vertebrates. Besides, why is having mulloscs brought onto land via tidal pools so important that its worth building a moon over?

This wud cause short days which may of stop complex life evolving.

Based on what?

The moon being the exact size it is and being in the exact position that it is between the earth and the sun cann0ot be a fortunate fluke

The moon is big enough to cause an eclipse. Why is this too odd to happen without intent??

By people that aren't familiar with the lunar evidence perhaps. The moon is not hollow.

and the seismometer picked up a reading that the moon was ringing like a bell.

The didn't mean that it literally rang like a hollow bell. They merely meant that they got a good reception on the seismic waves passing thru it, which has nothing to do with it being hollow.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
plz lern howw 2 spel. it was annoying to read the entire story with you replace the word would with wud and stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm going to give the same answer as do I give all of these topics of this nature, that have this format to them:

"Aliens built this , because of . Also because this guys said so, .

There is also fallacy in you claim that "appeals to ignorance". This means that something appears to good to be true, so it must be true, but in reality it isn't.

Here is my same old answer to this topic:

If the moon was built, it would have been one heck of a good job. The formation of lunar seas are caused by a massive asteroid impact. Around 3,600 million years ago. The impact formed the Imbrium Basin. This impact was enormous and caused the lava from the young moon to pour out and fill it. How can a man-made object survive such an impact? This proves that the moon isn't hollow, where did the lava come from if it is?

I believe the moon formed around 4,500 million years ago as material in the planetary nebula that was orbiting Earth clumped together and eventually the gravity forced into a sphere.

Source of Information; Don Davis and David Hughes, The Moon. Facts on File, Planetary Exploration Volume 2. Copyright 1989.

Also you need to source were you got this info. How do we know that you didn't just make this up.

GoldEagle

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
No.

We no the moon influences the tides and is correlated with womens menstual cycles and that the lunar months were used to measure time. Some thought crops grew better in the "face of the moon", many cultures attribute supernatural powers to the moon hence werewolves but it is more helpful than u think.

We know that the Moon revolves every 27.3 days. We know that the female menstrual cycle is a very fickle thing and never follow the same schedule and are subject to change based on a slieu of other factors. (met one lately? She'll tell you) Lunar months were used because it was a constant calendar. If you can't invent a clock as we have today, an orb that changes on a recurring schedule is a perfect substitute. The Moon was formed before humans, we evolved with it there, and developed uses for our own purposes. As for growing in the face of the moon, well, there's extra sunlight. As for werewolves, that's a definite NO.

The moons pull stabilises the axial tilt of the earth- meaning the earth doesnt wobble more wildy. This tilt creates seasons and the range of temperature isnt as big as if it wasn on a tilt - the oceans wud be frozen and equatorial regions wud be too hot to sustain life.

Apparently the tides have caused a vital role in evolution. The first organisms to come out of the oceans and live on land were probably mollusc like creatues stranded in rock pools at low tide.

And so do all the planets, and asteroids, and everything else that exists. The moon happens to matter more because it's closer. And you'd only have such an extreme scenario if it was that extreme, not because we have no moon. You'll notice the Sun dinfluences the tides as well, but is pretty much ignorable despite its size since it is so far away. Evolution is not an immediate thing; an organism thrown out because of the tides will die, period.

It is thought the moon was made for us.

Only one person thinks this, and their name begins with an "a", and ends with "nitawee."

What did happen was this. The Earth was forming. A really big thing slammed into it. A really big piece came off of the Earth. It became the Moon. It's why there is no iron in the moon, and all the other theories just fail. Sometimes life is seredipitous. Odds are it has to be in order to form because life, as it turns out, is hard.

End of story

[edit on 9/29/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
It is a funny coincidence that the volume of th pacific ocean and the moon are aprozimatly the same

Moon facts

in particular look at 25, 31

hows about that unequal weight distribution?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I'd say it's no co-incidence, it's just the way it is.

In arguing that things wouldn't be the way they are was in not from the moon, well that doesn't mean it was made for us. It just means that things are so because of the moon.

If the moon was somehow different then things would turn out differently, and life would possibly be different, then they might say "Well geez, wonder what life would be like on this planet if we had a moon".

Get what I'm saying?

I doubt it was created, if so then why the hell are there aliens on the moon mining something? Makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Above posting by tiddly that the moon came from the Pacific Basin should also consider the idea that after the moon was lifted off, there was an even larger Pacific Basin, and continental drift since then has tended to close the bigger "hole" while creating other ocean basins, all as part of a natural process of evening-out Earth's surface mass distribution.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Built by Aliens, I don't know. I do know with out it, we as humans more than likely would not be.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Tha Japa-mala, hindu rosary beeds, have exactly 108 beads. That is how many times the diameter of the moon fits into the distance from the earth to the moon. It's exactly the same with the sun. 108 suns would fit in the space between the earth and the sun, then we would die horribly. :^)

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I Think that we humans influenced by all selestial bodies in ur galaxy, like the deep philosphy of astrology.
Our minds are made up of the very same substance that excists, and our birthtime defines how it is built up, which forces are dominant and which are recessive, like the way genes work basically.

The moon plays a very important part in how we humans act and are as a whole, it represents our emotional life and does influence us, some more then others. It is this emotion that is the co- cause of all the negativity and wars in this world because most people let it sweep them away when they are scared, jealious, mad, greedy etc.

I suppose that there are many planets with intelligent life out there that dont have a moon, and thats why they probably will be different, much more logical and objective the us, but then again some might have even bigger moons than us.

This is my theory anyway...

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anitawee

THATS NO MOON!!!!

Its a space station...

*sorry couldn't resist*

I would doubt aliens built the moon, why would they bother?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiddly54
It is a funny coincidence that the volume of th pacific ocean and the moon are aprozimatly the same

They are? Then what happened to the mass and material of the object that collided with the earth? Did it just disappear after impact and just the chunk of the Earth drifted off into space?

I'm sticking with the idea that smaller amounts of material were already in orbit within the planetary nebula and clumped together over time.

GoldEagle

[edit on 10/11/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alias Jones
Uhhhh.....the moon is left from an impact with the proto Earth - it is actually moving away from us ever so slowly. It is fortunate indeed that is there for without it we wouldnt exsist. We are the result of the moons exsistence - not it's cause - a little humility perhaps you should have

Alias Jones

Ive heard this before and I dont know if I buy it. Sure the moon is important to us now but thats because we evovled with it here. Life is pretty hardy and adaptive and I think as long as we had liquid water on earth and all the right elements life would have started regardless if we had a large moon or not.

Life might not be what it is now but im sure it would still be here in one form or another.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
come on you cant really think i was being serious? do you?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316

I would doubt aliens built the moon, why would they bother?

To quote an Invader Zim episode...

"Because it's coooool."

(this was the episode where zim found out martians worked themselves to extinction to make mars into a spaceship...)

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle

Originally posted by tiddly54

They are? Then what happened to the mass and material of the object that collided with the earth? Did it just disappear after impact and just the chunk of the Earth drifted off into space?

I'm sticking with the idea that smaller amounts of material were already in orbit within the planetary nebula and clumped together over time.

GoldEagle

[edit on 10/11/2005 by GoldEagle]

Remember that the impactor struck the Earth well before the oceans and atmosphere had formed.

The Earth today is a combination of the proto Earth and the impactor. The moon was formed out of the proto Earth crust that was ejected into orbit by the impact.

The big Splat

The problem with the concurrent formation theory is that it is not supported by the isotopic ratios found in moon rocks. These ratios indicate that the moon is considerably younger than the concurrent formation theory allows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join