It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Humanoid videotaped over Phoenix ? 9-23-05

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
1) It would be perfectly obvious to the cameraman when the chute deployed.

Yub it would. But maybe hes lying.

2) What is that huge thing on his back? A packed chute isn't as thick as the backpack worn by a typical high school student. Even if he's carrying his own oxygen, HALO gear isn't that big. And no, it doesn't look like a tandem jump either.

Its the human. The thing in the front is his board.

3) Skysurfers are generally into aerial acrobatics. Why does he maintain basically the same chest-forward leaning posture throughout the video?

Trying to reach a certain landingplace? Or maybe hes just not such an acrobat.

4) How is able to maintain it? That shape in freefall should induce a tumble.

And when ur surfing u often fall in the water. It probably takes skill to actually surf the sky. This guy seems to pull it off:

5) If your cameraman is on the ground the angle is absolutely, totally wrong. That's what he would look like for maybe the last ten seconds under canopy before touching down.

Or its zoomed in.

6) If he's in freefall, he should be traveling at at least 110 mile per hour. Realistically, quite a lot faster than that, since he is mostly vertical. Does the camera look to you like it's tracking something moving 110 miles an hour?

Its impossible to tell the speed of the object. No reference points.

7) The video is 33 seconds long. A dive from 12000 feet gives about 70 seconds of freefall until impact. More like 50 seconds if you want to deploy. From the ground you're invisible, or at best a dot for most of it. I would give you a link to a picture, but there aren't any. People don't take ground pictures of skydivers before deployment because there isn't anything to see.

In other words, 33 seconds is enough time to videotape a skysurfer before he opens his parachute.

8) Let's pretend that the guy in the video never deployed. That he hit the ground. At terminal velocity from the ground, 33 seconds is 5808 feet. A mile is 5280 feet. Take a friend and a video camera, stand your friend a mile away, zoom in as best as you can and tell me how big he looks in your video.

Go ahead and see if it works.

9) Now let's be realistic. That's 5808 feet assuming the guy never deployed, and that the cameraman is directly underneathe him. Standard deployment altitude is 3000 feet, so at the start of the video he would be at 8808 feet. The camera is obviously not underneath him looking up. What sort of angle does that look like to you? Let's say 45. That means both the camera and the target are 8808 from ground zero. But...the camera is 12,456 feet from the target. That's 2.3 miles.

How far can camera's zoom in?

According to this, at absolute best, you're looking at about 1:2 glide ratio, horizontal to vertical motion. Here's a guy who built a custom board with wings, and he's only getting 1:1. Watch the video from approximately 5 to 17 seconds. He's not in freefall.

Again, no reference points in the video. The link u gave says its possible to move horizontally at 50mph. Even though in the video it may appear the guy is only moving horizontally, in reality he could be falling down twice as fast while the camera tracks that.

My conclusion is that both a jetpack and skysurfer are possibilities.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I still think it is a Jet pack, but not like the ones with two big fans. I think it looks more like this one...

More Pics Here

[edit on 30-9-2005 by HrdCorHillbilly]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This does look more like a bunch of balloons, I don't see any clear outline of a person close up, from far away it could be humanoid however.

Just viewed it again, it does kinda look like a sky surfer, but this would be a very hard shot to make...

It's just to hard to tell what it really is...

[edit on 30/9/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
[edit on 1-10-2005 by Agentdemon]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You can find the full story from the one who filmed the humanoid here.

cnufos.com

Part of the story :
The jet pack looked just like a jet pack straight from Buck Rogers except through the binoculars they looked a little different. They looked like 2 oxygen tanks like a scuba diver would have but there were 3 holes in each which looked like black dots. Same with the "shoes." Each shoe was attached to a "leg" and I think the shoes had a means of directing the object or keeping the object afloat. I say this because when the object moves the legs move. Just a theory mind you.

Richard Giordano , has filmed this twice in one year over the exact same spot along with other videos of UFOS. This is very odd indeed . Both videos in complete form , not just a clip can be viewed HERE . Very interesting site if you have not seen it. Take a look and see what you think.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harry55
You can find the full story from the one who filmed the humanoid here.

cnufos.com

Part of the story :
The jet pack looked just like a jet pack straight from Buck Rogers except through the binoculars they looked a little different. They looked like 2 oxygen tanks like a scuba diver would have but there were 3 holes in each which looked like black dots. Same with the "shoes." Each shoe was attached to a "leg" and I think the shoes had a means of directing the object or keeping the object afloat. I say this because when the object moves the legs move. Just a theory mind you.

Richard Giordano , has filmed this twice in one year over the exact same spot along with other videos of UFOS. This is very odd indeed . Both videos in complete form , not just a clip can be viewed HERE . Very interesting site if you have not seen it. Take a look and see what you think.

Good find, here's the link to the second vid of the septemeber humanoid sighting: www.cnufos.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I had not seen that one Agentdemon, that video shows the object going both directions. Very cool. This must be in fact new technology apparently private funded that we have not been made aware of through the news media. The only ouestion I have is why do this over a public area ? Well one thing I am sure of is if they keep these practice flights up we will be hearing more soon. Thanks for the find.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by plop
It may be more interesting for this to be a jetpack, but it simply looks like a person skysurfing jumping. Why are u so skeptical about plain old skysurfing?

I will answer this question no problem

~BECAUSE~ its plain on the video that the feet are free and NOT conected to any kind of board. The leggs and feet flip around a bit CLEARLY showing this beyond any doubt. To really BE a skysurfer is there not a board required????

Yes a jetpack would be VERY UNUSUAL and not as common as a skysurfer, but this video we are looking at is very unusual. Not an everyday sight for sure! The very large pack on his back also leads us to this conclusion. A jetpack is a large thing on the back JUST LIKE what we are looking at.
A skysurfer has no bulky pack on the back at all, just the connections to the parachute. Even if this was a free falling skysurfer prior to the chute opening the chut pack is NOT this large and a board would HAVE to be on his feet, and he would be moving at a much faster rate of speed. For this to actually be a skysurfer moving at this slower rate of speed would require the chute be open, wich it is not.

I hope this answered your question

This is why after watching the video, I and others are leaning towards a jetpack

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
After the second video i now also think its more likely to be a jetpack

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
>Got a link for that one? Sounds VERY interesting!
>yeah, id most def like to see the previous film LordBucket

Here is the thread, and here is the picture from the video that originally brought me to ATS. Again, that looks like a tail to me.Here is the video from which the picture is taken, and here is the rense.com article which first (?) reported the incident.

The image has gone through some filters. Also, as here, people say that it is someone skysurfing.

You might read through the thread.

>After the second video i now also think its more likely to be a jetpack

That's a bit ironic...the second video to me does look like a skydiver flying under canopy. He's traveling in a straight line, with a steady descent, and there a large "poof" above him...and if you look closely, you can see him rocking gently back and forth underneath.

The second video doesn't look to be of the same phenomenon at all, to me.

Also...does anyone notice that the timestamp on the two videos is different by fifteen minutes?

[edit on 4-10-2005 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Is it possible that this is a guy surfboarding on a snowy mountain?

It looks a bit like he is crouching at certain moments to keep his balance.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This has made TV News. Found this on Ufo Casebook
today. They have the news story there for you to download and view. Part 1 and Part 2 video clip of the story. The guys whom filmed this are interviewed. Go watch.

JWB

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but most "jet-packs" can only fly fo a very limited time. Basically just an up, and a down. Nothing nearly as impressive as the footage, maybe a it's a new model.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeah, if it was a jetpack, the person would twist way more...

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's a balloon or human. The simplest answer would be flying sasquatch. But come on...I would be more intrigued if it had tenticles or more appendages. There would be a real mystery there. But a human shape- it could be anything, even a child's art project caught in a strange wind current. Think of all the possibilities, there are stranger things out their to focus attention on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join