It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Humanoid videotaped over Phoenix ? 9-23-05

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is one of the best videos of a possible flying humanoid that I have ever seen. This was caught by Rich at UFO CASEBOOK .

The legs moving makes it look real. What do you think ?

Be sure to watch (Download Windows Media File, 2.9 MB) at bottom of page. A very short download.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Interesting video.
I took the time to read what the photographer had to say about the experience.
The guy was looking at 'Chemtrails' and then he seen this object.

Really we will never know for sure what this is. It could be balloons it could be a new military project. Who knows.
Most defiantly a UFO.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It looks to me like a guy on a parachute, you cant see the parachute, but thats not to say it isnt there. And you can even see him moving down and to the right, as if hes landing...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Looking at the video then reading the description made me think of this....

tipjet.com...

But I don't see any prop. hmmmmm

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Rebostar]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Most of these I just overlook. But this one felt more convincing some how. As watching I kept saying baloons. But I do not think so on this one. All other items metioned I do appreciate the replys. I would like to of been there to see for myself. Hope someday we can get proof of somthing like this. The best possibility I can see is new technology .

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Harry55]

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Cool video. It looks like someone using a jet pack. If it were a person parachuting you should be able to see it, parachutes are pretty large.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
to me it looks nothing more than a bunch of ballons - when the guy zooms in the image becomes blury and instead of seeing one dark shape I see the object consisting of smaller parts. c'mon guys, I believe there's more convincing videos than this one.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think this is the second sighting of this sort. The other sighting was in the southwest, maybe in Mexico. I'm pretty sure there was a video of it on UFO Casebook as well. I would go dig it up but I have to leave for work right now.

Look for it, its there.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's definitely one of the more interesting clips I've ever seen. I'm curious as to why there isn't more footage, and that's making me skeptical. I would think that this guy would've filmed until the object was out of sight; if so, where's the rest of the footage? I don't have more than a few minutes invested in this, so I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Also, the lack of reference objects kind of detracts from the believability, but you can't really hold that against the guy too much--he just may have only had open sky to work with.

I'm not sold on the ballon theory, nor on the jetpack theory. Either of those seem just as plausible to me--I wasn't able to catch "smaller parts" as The Conspiracy Follower put it, but I can't rule it out either.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It looks like someone skysurfing:

The second pic also looks like it may be one jumper with another one on his back. (teacher and student/tourist)

Originally posted by MCory1
I'm curious as to why there isn't more footage, and that's making me skeptical. I would think that this guy would've filmed until the object was out of sight; if so, where's the rest of the footage? I don't have more than a few minutes invested in this, so I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

The website its posted on (ufocasebook) has a tendency to make shorter versions of original videos. Ive seen 5 minute clips reduced to 8 seconds on that site.

[edit on 29-9-2005 by plop]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Good idea Plop...that is what I was thinking prior to seeing the video.
Seeing it, I am pretty dang sure thats a person with a jet pack.

Jet packs were created a long time ago..........not many of them around that we see though, but this sure looks like one to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ahh...memories. It was a flying humanoid video that first brought me to ATS. Of course, in that video the creature had a clearly visible tail. Very creepy.

But, unless the flying humanoids are humanOID rather than huMAN, I don't quite understand why these videos generate such skepticism.

This technology exists.

There's an article on the Smithsonian Institute's Website about this sort of thing. Bell Aerospace was developing them for the US Military back in the early 1960's. The first models had very limited flight time, but so did the Kitty Hawk, and forty years is a lot of development time.

These things have been used in movies like Thunderball (1965), and one flew in front of two million people as part of the opening cremony for the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles.

Now, granted, the 1960's models are probably not what we're seeing in these videos. Those had as low as 20 second flight times in the early years, and the highest claim I've read is 45 seconds. But again, 40 years is a lot of development time. That's about how long it took us to go from having no such thing as rocket technology to putting a man on the moon.

Why would anyone think jetpacks implausible?

In fact, here are two companies working on models for use by the general public, with hour+ flight times:

www.millenniumjet.com...

www.futurehorizons.net...

So again, I don't really understand the skepticism. You might as well claim the next video of a 747 you see is really a bunch of air balloons.

>It looks like someone skysurfing:

No. It doesn't. Skydivers go DOWN. Spend 30 seconds at your local drop zone and you'll see that none of the "flying humanoid" videos look anything like any sort of skydiver, be it AFF, tandem, static line, or anything else.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My sentiments exactly LordBucket , very good reply on your part. Backed up with plenty of links to check it out. I feel surely by now we must have the technology to make this happen. That may not be whats in this video. But it sure appears to be. If true we will be hearing alot more soon. I would love to have one and try it .

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This just sucks. I was really trying not to be videotaped.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
Why would anyone think jetpacks implausible?

In fact, here are two companies working on models for use by the general public, with hour+ flight times:

www.millenniumjet.com...

So again, I don't really understand the skepticism. You might as well claim the next video of a 747 you see is really a bunch of air balloons.

I may be wrong, but i think parachuting and skysurfing occurs more often than people flying around with jetpacks. Also, none of the pictures on those sites look like what is seen in the video. It may be more interesting for this to be a jetpack, but it simply looks like a person skysurfing jumping. Why are u so skeptical about plain old skysurfing?

Also u seem to have mistakenly thought that i believe jetpacks dont exist.

>It looks like someone skysurfing:

No. It doesn't. Skydivers go DOWN. Spend 30 seconds at your local drop zone and you'll see that none of the "flying humanoid" videos look anything like any sort of skydiver, be it AFF, tandem, static line, or anything else.

I said skysurfing, not skydiving. The board used in skysurfing will allow a person to ''surf' the air and go in the direction he wishes. Also, even people who freefall can steer the direction they go in by moving their bodies. There also are no reference points in the movie.

Of course its possible that this is a jetpack, but this video isnt clear enough to tell either way.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
>Why are u so skeptical about plain old skysurfing?

How about because I've gone skydiving?

Ok. Here are some reasons:

1) It would be perfectly obvious to the cameraman when the chute deployed.

2) What is that huge thing on his back? A packed chute isn't as thick as the backpack worn by a typical high school student. Even if he's carrying his own oxygen, HALO gear isn't that big. And no, it doesn't look like a tandem jump either.

3) Skysurfers are generally into aerial acrobatics. Why does he maintain basically the same chest-forward leaning posture throughout the video?

4) How is able to maintain it? That shape in freefall should induce a tumble.

5) If your cameraman is on the ground the angle is absolutely, totally wrong. That's what he would look like for maybe the last ten seconds under canopy before touching down.

6) If he's in freefall, he should be traveling at at least 110 mile per hour. Realistically, quite a lot faster than that, since he is mostly vertical. Does the camera look to you like it's tracking something moving 110 miles an hour?

7) The video is 33 seconds long. A dive from 12000 feet gives about 70 seconds of freefall until impact. More like 50 seconds if you want to deploy. From the ground you're invisible, or at best a dot for most of it. I would give you a link to a picture, but there aren't any. People don't take ground pictures of skydivers before deployment because there isn't anything to see.

8) Let's pretend that the guy in the video never deployed. That he hit the ground. At terminal velocity from the ground, 33 seconds is 5808 feet. A mile is 5280 feet. Take a friend and a video camera, stand your friend a mile away, zoom in as best as you can and tell me how big he looks in your video.

9) Now let's be realistic. That's 5808 feet assuming the guy never deployed, and that the cameraman is directly underneathe him. Standard deployment altitude is 3000 feet, so at the start of the video he would be at 8808 feet. The camera is obviously not underneath him looking up. What sort of angle does that look like to you? Let's say 45. That means both the camera and the target are 8808 from ground zero. But...the camera is 12,456 feet from the target. That's 2.3 miles.

>The board used in skysurfing will allow a person to ''surf'
>the air and go in the direction he wishes.

According to this, at absolute best, you're looking at about 1:2 glide ratio, horizontal to vertical motion. Here's a guy who built a custom board with wings, and he's only getting 1:1. Watch the video from approximately 5 to 17 seconds. He's not in freefall.

>There also are no reference points in the movie.

Watch a skydive from the ground. This is not what they look like.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
why such a short clip,
did he run out of batteries?
or did it just cut before his/her parachute opened,
leaves me a bit skeptical, need to see more,

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Now that's a straight update of Copperfield BS.

My guess is it looks like some kind of alien dude or something. I don't think it could be a military project or some military testing of some sort because I wouldn't think the army would be that stupid to let some guy stray too near to the testing area right? Well, I don't know.

Regis, my final answer is definitely non-human dude.

See, it ain't that hard.

Though I still wonder why end the recording there?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
Ahh...memories. It was a flying humanoid video that first brought me to ATS. Of course, in that video the creature had a clearly visible tail. Very creepy.

Got a link for that one? Sounds VERY interesting!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
yeah, id most def like to see the previous film LordBucket ..
but my vote goes for government testing, just messing around with a new jet pack that they'll NEVER put out on the market, as seeing by the photos from both URL's, they dont look like the pack in that film.

www.millenniumjet.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join