It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOST...Spoilers??? What's behind it all maybe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i just saw the most recent episode...

there was no mention of time travel to stop a nuclear war...

so i guess that was just a theory???

BTW, i just started watching this show this season and it is still very good...

who wants to post their theories (or spoilers) about "the others"???

if they are the other survivors of the crash, then why did they kill some other survivors (as i read on a site)???

D

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't think they're survivors of the crash cause Danielle mentioned them a long time ago and was afraid of them. I suggest you get hold of the dvd of the first season. There's so much to it and you'll understand a lot more.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
who wants to post their theories (or spoilers) about "the others"???

if they are the other survivors of the crash, then why did they kill some other survivors (as i read on a site)???

The new people that we met aren't the real "others", they're the survivors of the tail wing. But, unlike the survivors of the front section, this group didn't have a Jack or Locke - moral authority character, so they went a little more tribal. The big African guy is most likely a survivor from the Nigerian plane crash.

They didn't have the counter balance to prevent the LORD OF THE FLIES scenario. Most likely, they've been fighting the real "others" as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

i'm sure some people will say 'wow, angry black man again on tv'...that's a new concept (sarcastic smiley here).

well the woman jack was talking to in the airport, seemed to know the 'others', as they sent her down there to get the gun.

Originally posted by D
I don't think they're survivors of the crash cause Danielle mentioned them a long time ago and was afraid of them. I suggest you get hold of the dvd of the first season. There's so much to it and you'll understand a lot more.

i got the first series on dvd, you do learn a lot more about the people and mysteries. i'm now downloading the 2nd series every week
i'm so far ahead of all my mates...i just feel like spoiling it for em lol.

we have to remember that danielle is crazy, in actual fact i wouldn't put it past her that when she killed all her people, that she didn't also kill her baby.

even thought we try and explain everything. we still can't explain why so many survived the crash, but some didn't. jack being thrown all the way in to those trees, and surviving with only a few cuts?? there's always going to be more than meets the eye. i thought maybe that the electro magnet could have crashed the plane...but also made it crash at a slower speed?

D

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby

Originally posted by D

i got the first series on dvd, you do learn a lot more about the people and mysteries. i'm now downloading the 2nd series every week
i'm so far ahead of all my mates...i just feel like spoiling it for em lol.

we have to remember that danielle is crazy, in actual fact i wouldn't put it past her that when she killed all her people, that she didn't also kill her baby.

even thought we try and explain everything. we still can't explain why so many survived the crash, but some didn't. jack being thrown all the way in to those trees, and surviving with only a few cuts?? there's always going to be more than meets the eye. i thought maybe that the electro magnet could have crashed the plane...but also made it crash at a slower speed?

Yeah same here. I've been downloading the second series. It just gets better. I'm with you on the electromagnetic theory bringing the plane down at a slower speed. I have a feeling Danielle is somehow linked with the others. Remember when Clare had a flashback and realised that she had given Danielle those scratches when she got kidnapped in the first season.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
when walt told his dad he burnt the boat, his dad said we don't have to go, but walt said that they had to leave. walt probably knew something about the sickness, or maybe knew that they wouldn't put in the numbers one time and everyone gets sick etc...

on an episode 3 preview, it says 'a new survivor of flight 815 is found (the woman jack talked to in the airport)', and michael, jin and sawyer are held captive by the others. maybe those people are the others and the woman somehow joined them?

still doesn't account for ethan or the pirates on the boat...

if anyone doesn't put in the numbers it's going to be hurley...

i really think at the end of it very few, if any, ever get off the island...it just doesn't seem like it would make sense for them to lead normal lives after it all.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by shaunybaby]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Some more tonight, but nothing unexpected.... The "others" we saw were the survivors of the tail section, as surmised. There are still more "others" (likely from previous wrecks), as hinted to in the previews.

And, it seems like the tail tribe found the bunker (or another one) early on. I'm assuming it's simply another part of the subterranean complex....abandoned when the facility was shut down and just manned for the reset issue. I didn't expect Rose's husband to be an older white dude, hehe...but that was about the only surprise....

I'm guessing the two "tribes" will merge next episode or the one after, learning about the other survivors....then we'll see a bar chica and Kate catfight for the "queen bee" position...

There's definitely something important about the "Apollo" bars, just not sure what yet....

Here's an interesting thought on the countdown.... What if it's the temporal generator keeping the island and surrounding area displaced from "real" time/space? (i.e. to contain any breaches and intrusions due to the electromagnetic flux of the area causing time/space gates)..... They had to have SOME way of getting the Dharma guys on the island...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm watching this on terrestrial tv in the UK and we're so far behind it's very frustrating. There is so much information that we haven't got but one idea that people might think about is a time loop. This is similar to The Matrix where a recurrent anomoly (Neo) occured and the time loop was perpetuated.

If this is the case then the bodies found at the cave early on were their own.

The beginning is the end and the end the begginning. The entire tale would be about trying to change an history that has already occured.

As I said I'm so far behind that you might have facts that contradict all that. In the last episode I've seen the 'others' have just kidnapped the pregnat lady. From what I've seen the baby is the key.

As in 'Terminator' the baby might grow up to lead or seed the 'others' in that case the 'others' are future descendents with a vested interested in perpetuating a certain destiny which ensures their existence or survival.

The Time Loop idea was also used in the movie version of 'Lost in Space' (coincidence ?)

Anyway, I can't tell you how frustrating it is being so far behind.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
From what I've seen the baby is the key.

well from what you will learn the baby isn't the key. it was only ethan that wanted the baby, and we are still unsure of what group ethan came from.

the so-called others are the survivors from the tail section. so we are still unsure about 'others' that the french woman was going on about...obviously someone took her baby. i'm thinking when the island was inhabited by more dharma workers that they took the french woman's baby. then she went crazy and killed all of her shipwrecked friends.

the tail section, originally 23 survived but there are many less now...is this the sickness? maybe that's what happens when they don't push the button...sickness.

Originally posted by Gazrok
There's definitely something important about the "Apollo" bars, just not sure what yet....

yeah that was a bit wierd. probably turn out to be rose's husbands favorite chocolate bar and she somehow knows she'l see him to give it to him.

after watching the 1st series in the space of 2 days, it's hard to watch just one episode a week...we're finding out so little and asking more and more questions

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Found some good info. The names of all the hatch installations so far are taken off of the constilations of Apollo from Greek mythology.

1. Cygnus = swan (Seen in Episode 2 Orientation)
2. Sagitta = arrow (Seen in Episode 3 Everybody Hates Hugo)
3. Corvus = crow
4. Crater = goblet
5. Ophiuchus = serpent handler
6. Orion = the hunter

And also, add to that the fact that theres an "apollo" bar.

also, another interesting tidbit, that might be related to the button pressing. It takes 108 minutes for a satelite to orbit the earth one full rotation.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The actual "Others" are the former inhabitants of the 6 underground bunkers located around the island. The various bunkers have been looted and ransacked for supplies by their former psychic, and also infected, residents.

The Bunker that Jack and Locke found has the insignia of a swan on it. The Bunker that Ana Lucia and Shaft found as the insignia of an arrow on it. The same insignia that was the tail fin of the shark during week 2.

The two tribes don't merge until week 8 or 9.

The bearded man who took Walt, is actually Kelvin, the man who was originally in the bunker with Desmond.

Shannon will be in charge of pushing the button during an epsiode, and she won't push it. Up until then, she'll keeping having dreams about Walt, and he'll continue to warn her about the button.

And, a nice bit of funny casting, the same Man who was Hurley's boss at the Clucky Chicken, was also Locke's boss at the box factory. (Most likely, the boss had to find a new job after the meteorite destroyed the place...and he ended up working in the factory that Hurley owned)

[edit on 14-10-2005 by brimstone735]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Good calls. I think you've got it on the constellation references. Initially, I was thinking the 6 installations were in the 6 global triangles (Bermuda being one of the 6). After seeing the second bunker though, seems the 6 are on the island. I suspect we'll see more references later.

Since there is no button (apparent) at the other bunker, it seems that not pressing the button does lead to something that thins the numbers, and the disease mentioned by the French woman just may be the case.

also, another interesting tidbit, that might be related to the button pressing. It takes 108 minutes for a satelite to orbit the earth one full rotation.[/quote

Interesting....so pressing the button could be a signal to a satellite to like NOT trigger armageddon or something, hehe....(or at least for the island not to be bombed).

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
While the team were exploring the tunnels in the bunker, Some of the "pipes" we saw make me think of a "supercollider" maybe this could account for magentic fields?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
well...

the numbers have no explanation:

I think that [the] question [as to what the numbers mean] will never, ever be answered. I couldn't possibly imagine [how we would answer that question]. We will see more ramifications of the numbers and more usage of the numbers, but it boggles my mind when people ask me, "What do the numbers mean?"

source:

www.spoilerfix.com... (look in the "General Season 2 spoilers" section, under the date "11/16")...

by the way, those were the words from executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i was going to make a new thread for this but i decided not to...

look at this video:

link

thanks to this video, you can learn about the new dharma logos:

note: this info. is being discussed on other lost spoiler forums and this info. may be fabricated by a fan of lost and therefore fake...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
in the canadian preview, it shows the clock hitting zero!!!

here is a pic:

link

ENJOY!!!

EDIT:

link to the preview:

www.thetailsection.com...

[edit on 24-11-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i think that's been known for a while that the clock was going to strike zero. however, i remember when i heard someone telling me that, that it was shannon who was going to let it hit zero. but that last bit can't be right cause she's dead, so it'd be a little harsh to blame it on her.

wonder what happens...

wonder if we'll see desmond again...or what happened to him...

those 'others' who exactly are they...

on the other 48 days, they found that list on one of the 'others' and it was a list of the survivors, their names, what they were wearing etc. how in the world did they know that? sure the clothes they were wearing they could have spied on them...but having their names on that list...how'd they know their names.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They infiltrated them. At least one, probably two were with the survivors from the tail section.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
they did the same thing with the fuselage survivors...with ethan. so that's who ethan belonged to 'the others'. but nothing like what happened to the tail end survivors happened to the fuselage ones. ethan was just like acting like one of them and no one came to take any of them away like they did with the other group of survivors...wierd.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Maybe there were only enough of them to handle one group at a time. They were planning to hit the fuselage survivors at a later time, or something. Just my WAG about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join