It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no birds here

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Zenlover, could you update us on how are your horses are acting or the cats? or any other animals...

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
Zenlover, could you update us on how are your horses are acting or the cats? or any other animals...

Gameset; their behavior isn't crazy; but it isn't normal. I don't know how to explain it to you. The dog that I was telling you all about; well they don't know what is wrong. But, they believe she may have a disease. My mothers cat died after I posted the post. Apparently, she was walking across the yard and fell over dead from old age which would could explain her erratic behavior a few days earlier. The horses haven't gotten out anymore, but they just stand beside the fence all day and all night. They don't go out into the field or the woods like they are used to doing. I don't know what's up. Especially with the birds.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I'm in SW Ontario and can report that there are large populations of Canada Geese all along the Lake Huron shoreline. I went for a walk near Goderich yesterday and saw hundreds within a half hour walk. The corn and beans crops are just being harvested and the weather is 20 C+ so the pickings are rich.

This year we've seen large numbers of finches, robins, grackles, orioles, bluejays, cardinals...the list goes on and on. Whenever I've been in the bush, I've seen lots of varieties, including a red breasted blackbird which I've never seen this far east before. I've also seen huge flocks of blackbirds in the trees near my home congregating at dusk.

I'm guessing, but I think what is happening is that the milder weather here is keeping the birds north.

Also, birders at Point Pelee have noticed record numbers of raptors coming north this past spring. Maybe the rodent populations are better here for them than in the south.

Im in Kincardine myself.
lol

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I found a dead bluejay by the bird-bath.
Is this too far out? That birds are suiciding because they instinctively do not wish to endure the changes?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I did not mean to be a thread-derailer.
Pay my last post no mind..

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
I did not mean to be a thread-derailer.
Pay my last post no mind..

No biggie Siriusly; I'm not anal retentive about threads going off topic. I honestly have not seen one dead bird. So, I can't comment on the dead blue jay. Did it appear to have been nabbed by a cat or anything?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There was a 3.3 quake on the New Madrid Fault yesterday!!

Edited to take out quote.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by zenlover28]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
No, I did not pick it up[bird flu] but it looked lik it just had a broken neck, no predation.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
No, I did not pick it up[bird flu] but it looked lik it just had a broken neck, no predation.

Poor little birdie. Probably ran into a window or a cat did break it's neck. It can be hard to tell at times if a cat has in fact had it's way with a bird.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Really, really, really late arriving here.

How about an update. Did the birds ever come back? Any further strange behavior patterns. Creepy behavior to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join