It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phi = ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Phi,Fibonacci numbers and the golden ratio seem to point to a grand design in creation...
goldennumber.net...
goldennumber.net...

1/1.618

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
this is the basis for the movie Pi, the guy's trying to find the corelation between the golden ration and everything in life
ever seen it? tis a great movie

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I thought the movie Pi was crap if Im thinking of the same movie. (black and white one) I thought it would be like the Matrix or the 13th Floor, but it was just about one weird guy having wierd dreams. Had nothing to do with Pi. Anyway, thats what i thought.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
[Edited on 21-10-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Go here: www.gocs1.com...

Download the shareware version of the program.

Click on system when you are running the program and you will see "golden ratio" fibonacci" etc...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've read about the golden ratio before, cool thing. Yup, numbers and math rule the universe.

On golden ratio... I think Daeniken ( was it him?) discovered that all the major cult places and important archeological sites in Greece seem to be connected through golden ratio....

interesting links, btw

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Creepy, you couldn't be more correct. Phi is the mathematical equivilant to the "Word of God". I think it was Gallileo(sp?) who said "Mathematics is the language in which God has written the universe." Phi would certainly be the proof to that. Phi is said to be the most irrational number and yet has patterns within it that are still being found.

If this is your starting point in exploring the incredible beauty and infinite usage of phi within everything, you will not be dissapointed. I've been studing phi for years now and am still in awe of it. It is within nature and man made creations everywhere. The implications are not only facinating scientifically but spiritually as well.

IMO Phi is truely "That which has been hidden in plain view." It is the answer to the riddle "When is a secret no longer a secret?" Keep studying phi and it's usage both in nature and by man. It is everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. Phi is the "Matix Code" you might say, that makes up the world around you. Just an interesting point to add to that is the fact that phi and all it's infinite variables and patterns is born from a 0 & 1.

Have Fun!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, . . .

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creepy
ive never seen Pi....i will try to find it later on kazaa lite

Pi and Phi are both "curious" numbers...

the golden mean and ratios are EVERYWHERE!!! i cant seem to stop seeing it now

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by Creepy]

don't try and predict the stock market like the guy on pi they might come get ya, he started out seeing it everywhere aswell, maybe i should look into this further...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
www.summum.org...

"The Divine Proportion was closely studied by the Greek sculptor, Phidias, hence, it was given the name Phi. Also known as the Golden Mean, the Magic Ratio, the Fibonacci Series, etc., Phi can be found throughout the universe; from the spirals of galaxies to the spiral of a Nautilus seashell; from the harmony of music to the beauty in art. A botanist will find it in the growth patterns of flowers and plants, while the zoologist sees it in the breeding of rabbits. The entomologist views it in the genealogy of a bee, and the physicist observes it in the behavior of light and atoms. A Wall Street analyst finds it in the rising and falling patterns of a market, the mathematician in the examination of the pentagram."

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a super-intellect has monkeyed with physics,as well as with chemistry and biology,and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question.----Sir Fred Hoyle

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
im a groove phi groove...

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Anyone ever read "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" The meaning of everying is...............42!

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
[Edited on 21-10-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is one of the things that proves God's existence to me, along with the particles that exist in two places at once and the growing proof that we are indeed coming through in waves as well as the fact that we share a lot of our DNA with a Banana. (everything living shares some degree of DNA) and lots of other things. Theres lots of proof everywhere if you know where to look. To me it proves that all matter is one and God is the collective consciousness of everything.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
[Edited on 27-9-2003 by Creepy]

top topics

join