It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been \

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Just sit at any bar or coffee shop for any length of time and I\'m sure that, eventually, you will overhear someone talking about how he or she met a movie or television celebrity. Or it might be that someone bumped into a sport or political figure at the dry cleaners. It appears that the high and mighty are always about, mingling with the common man. What\'s your \"brush with greatness\"?

Incidentally, I am proud to say that I have had several notable moments in my life where I actually came face-to-face with some Very Important People. These encounters, no doubt, have enriched my life in ways that are immeasurable. But then, how could they not? Especially when I have met ;

Robert Vaughn....yes, that\'s right, I met Robert Vaughn; aka Napolean Solo of the \'60s television series Man From U.N.C.L.E. But, as if this weren\'t enough, I also met Steve Martin! Not only that, but I actually spoke with him and he actually responded. It isn\'t often that a star of his stature says \"oh, hello\" to just anyone! By the way, I also saw Ted Nugent drive past me on a Detroit area highway several years ago. It isn\'t often that you see a camoflaged Ford Expedition.

Well you can see that the encounters with these great figures of our time have left a lasting impression on me. But then how could they not?

Have you ever met someone \"great\"? You know, have you ever been \"brushed by greatness\"?

new topics

join