It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Revolution For Inmates In California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
A tight budget and a horrendous amount of lost undies caused alot of headache for the Sheriff's Department's detention services division in California. This led to an initiative to replace all the male inmates undies into underwear with bright orange color. They hope the orange undies plan will lead to a reduced amount of undies lost.

DailySenteniel.com: Calif. Inmates to Get Orange Undies

The Sheriff's Department came up with a bright idea to stop male inmates from leaving the jailhouse with county-issued underwear: socks, skivvies and shirts are now dyed orange. Some $50,000 is spent each year for inmate underwear.

"We just keep losing horrendous amounts of that property," said Kathy Kemp, chief deputy of the Sheriff's Department's detention services division. The division's tight budget led to the orange undies plan.

The estimated 200 female inmates will keep using white underwear. There hasn't been a significant amount of underwear lost from the women's side, officials said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This sounds like a good idea and might prevent them loosing too much of their underwear. At least the orange underwear will be easier to spot. The women are still allowed to use white underwear, but they didnĀ“t loose so many...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I just discovered that the original link does no longer work (*aaaargh*), so I found another link for you.

Here you go:

• The News Vault: California Inmates to Get Orange Undies

Inmates who change from their jail jumpsuits to their street clothes will stand out in bright orange and they'll have to hand over their drawers before they leave

[edit on 2006/4/26 by Hellmutt]

• posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:27 PM
    link   
    Does anyone know if this orange underwear experiment actually worked? Are they still loosing underwear? They used to spend $50,000 each year to replace lost undies. I wonder if they've managed to save any money yet. It's now almost a year ago since this experiment started...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:47 PM
    link   
    Well I do not know how well that program turned out, but the one in Arizona worked real well only in their case it was pink underwear. As it turned out the pink underwear has now turned into a 400,000 profit for the sheriff and theft of underwear is way down according to some articles I have read. Not the one below that was mentioned in another this is his reelection site.

It also should be noted he did not pay to have it dyed as this California, he dyed his in the prison laundry

Source

[edit on 8/3/2006 by shots]

top topics

join