It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Presenter Plans To Take Heroin Live On Air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A TV presenter on Dutch television, Filemon Wesselink, plans to take heroin live on air. He also plans to take '___' "under the supervision of his mum". A spokesman for the governing Christian Democrat party said: "This is dangerous and it sets a bad example".

Sky News: OUTRAGE OVER DRUG STUNT

A presenter on a Dutch television show plans to take heroin live on air. Filemon Wesselink will also go on a drinking binge and, under the supervision of his mum, take '___'.

Pieter Heerma, spokesman for the governing centre-right Christian Democrat party, said: "This is dangerous and it sets a bad example".

The programme's makers say the stunt will help reach youngsters by covering issues that affect their lives. While cannabis is sold and openly used in Holland, other drugs such as '___', coc aine, Ecstasy and heroin are outlawed.

BNN has drawn viewer complaints for programs in the past, including a sex education program called "This Is How You Screw".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I agree with Pieter Heerma here. This sounds like a very bad idea. And to take '___' under the supervision of your mum sounds like an even worse idea (no offense mom)...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You know what? I think its a horrible idea, but if he wants to do it, I'm sure watching. I mean hell, its all about the ratings and that would sure jack em up. Cause I know I want to see some idiot do something weird for money.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If they show the after effects and also the "jonesing" period when he wants
some more. They should do a complete profile of a heroin addict point by point.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
They should do a complete profile of a heroin addict point by point.

I've seen that show and it's pretty boring.

Really it's the sensationalism of this that's the problem. If it's his first time, he'll fall out in 2 minutes. ZZZZZZZZ.

If it's not, it'll be like watching a diabetic take insulin. The documentaries on "day in the life" junkies are really, really boring. I've seen "shoot up shacks" on news shows. One in a Dutch Church basement that gives out clean needles and looks the other way. It's not a big deal. They aren't getting high. They're trying to get normal to go to work.

Watching people wait in line for methadone is more interesting.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is just another 'sensationalism' stunt being pulled once agian by the meadia. Every other Tom, Dick and Harry is trying to earn a buck by doing something 'exciting' to pull in the viewers. This reminds me of Dirty Sanchez, Jackass, Wild Boyz and the like, people doing stupid # and hurting themselves to cause a buzz.
To be fair these people would probably still be doing stupid # if they werent doing it on tv, what annoys me are the broadcasters deciding that we want to watch this crap. Personally I dont have a problem with someone shooting up and being a wreck, i'ts not my problem, and I'm not Jesus who's gonna try and save the world.

Freedom of publication? Images of a man getting high on whatever substance are freely and widely available anywhere and everywhere. If you want to see this you can go look for yourself.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is about as interesting as katy Couric getting a breast exam on tv. WOW.
How bold. zzzzzzzzz

Taking heroin ONCE doesn't make an addict with a "jones". That is developed over time. So, there's nothing really any more interesting about this than filming some one at a dentist's getting sodium pentathol mixture of "twilight sleep".

What is this supposed to prove? If it is put into some sort of "see, heroin isn't bad...I'm not addicted" blah blah. Then that is irresponsible.

Now, if he smoked some crack and then took a bunch of '___', I'd definitely want to see that.

Sort of like the British troops on '___' film.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I found this dutch article. I don´t understand any dutch whatsoever, so I used a translator. The article says: "a program, in which without hypocrisy over sex and drugs are spoken, and in which Filemon Wesselink each soak someone else means for the camera till self takes."

NRC Handelsblad - Rubrieken Televisie Hans Beerekamp Het Beeld

Linda de Mol: ,,Ik heb een heel heel heel heel klein beetje gebruikt. Ja, goh, ik heb kinderen, die willen over een jaar of negen uit hun dak gaan, dus ik wil het wel weten.''

Beau van Erven Dorens: ,,Maar Linda! Cocaïne!''

Linda de Mol (zachtjes): ,,Een heel klein beetje.''

Er zijn landen waar zo'n bekentenis je carrière kan breken, zoals recentelijk fotomodel Kate Moss en zanger Boy George moesten ervaren. In Nederland is meer mogelijk, ook voor een televisiester, maar je kunt het er maar beter niet op wagen in deze tijden van morele herbewapening.

Het citeren van een gecoupeerd fragment in een ander programma is een vorm van onder de gordel slaan, maar wel brutale televisiejournalistiek, de jongehondenmentaliteit van BNN waardig. Bovendien past het uitstekend in de context van Spuiten en slikken, een programma waarin zonder hypocrisie over seks en drugs wordt gesproken en waarin Filemon Wesselink elke week een ander middel voor de camera tot zich neemt. Nu hij toch was uitgenodigd als gast in Linda en Beau op zondag leek dat het beste moment om te testen of je inderdaad alles kan en durft met wat wit poeder in je neus.

translated text

Linda the Mole:,, I have a quite quite quite quite small bit uses. Yes, goh, I have want children, that a year from now or bow go from their roof, consequently I the well knowledge want.''

Beau of Estates Dorens:,, But Linda! Cocaine!''

Linda the Mole (softly) :,, A quite small bit.''

There are countries where such confessions your career can break, as recent model Cat Mosses and singer Boy George had to experience. In the Netherlands is not more possible, also for a television star, but you can it it but better on vehicle in these times of moral herbewapening.

The quoting of a cut fragment in someone else program a form is hit from below the belt, but well impudent television journalism, the young dogs mentality of BNN with dignity. Moreover justest the sticking out in the context of Sprayers and swallow, a program, in which without hypocrisy over sex and drugs are spoken, and in which Filemon Wesselink each soak someone else means for the camera till self takes. Now that he really had been invited as guest in Linda and Beau on Sunday appeared that the best moments to test or you indeed everything can and dares with what whitewash powder in your nose.

It translated "Kate Moss" into "Cat Moses" but the rest of it looks fine...

English is not my native language either

For norwegian readers: The translator can translate english to norwegian as well. So now there is no excuse not-to-read ats just because you can´t read english very well. Russian to english is interesting. And english to russian as well so you can write an email to Putin in russian.

[edit on 2005/10/20 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah thats what I was thinking, lol this guy is going to be sawing logs with a needle hanging out.

IMO he should just have a bowl of opium

I wonder how I get a job like his.

Crack and '___'? supposedly that can cause severe damage.

getting paid to take '___' huh? Where were these guys when I just got out of High School?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Taking '___' with your mother around?

Even thinking along those lines convinces me this guy has no business experimenting with drugs of any kind. He isn't even mentally capable of drinkin beer.

This man is a danger to himself and all those around him.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wait a minute! There are "Christian Democrats"?

Seriously though, as mentioned above, this is bad tv. The guy will nod out and then what? Footage of him sleeping?

I always wondered how one got the job for those drinking and driving tests where they give you drinks as you press buttons or sometimes even really drive in a controlled environment. I don't wonder about it so much anymore since I had to stop drinking. Guinness should make a non-alcoholic brew though.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Does anyone know if Filemon Wesselink actually went through with this stunt? Did he do it live on tv or was it stopped?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Is there an answer here?

nl.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Is there an answer here?

nl.wikipedia.org...

I tried the translator. It seems like he didn't go through with the heroin part.

In het najaar van 2005 deed Filemon mee aan het omstreden programma Spuiten en Slikken, waarin allerlei zaken betreffende seks en drugs behandeld werden. Filemon testte als ervaringsdeskundige hiervoor iedere aflevering een andere drug, zoals drank, cocaïne, '___' en paddo's. Een aflevering over de zeer verslavende drug heroïne ging hem echter te ver, dit heeft hij dan ook niet gebruikt.

translated text - dutch to english

In the fall by 2005 did Filemon with at the controversial program Spurt and Swallow, in which all sorts of affairs were treated concerning sex and drugs. Filemon tested as experiences expert for this every episode someone else drug, as drink, coc aine, '___' and paddo's. An episode over the very addicting drug heroin went him however too far, this has he then also do not uses.

top topics

join