It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu. Disease? Or Evolutionary Change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My theory is that bird flu, antibiotic resistant bacteria, other Super Bugs, and prion diseases constitute evidence of a rapidly escalating process of evolutionary change that is forcing human adaptation. Also, "disease" is integral to the evolutionary process - the vehicle, if you will.

We are one with our planet in a very real way, from the atomic level on up. We contain the bits and parts of everything that exists around us – including elements, chemicals, proteins, microbes. And we have created new elements, chemicals, proteins, microbes to be part of our world. Now, whether we like it or not, they are part of us. “Disease” is the pain of assimilation, adaptation, and evolution. Nothing more, or less.

A prion called “a-smooth muscle actin” (ASMA) originally enabled diseases to cross species and kingdom barriers. Research shows that prions mutate into new strains at the drop of a hat – and now, there are far more prion diseases running around than the public knows about. Research also shows that prions are implicated in virtually every new disease from bird flu to MRSA and Alzheimer’s, to Dutch Elm disease, tobacco mosaic, and Ug99. In fact, virtually every species in every kingdom on the planet currently is suffering epidemic “disease,” and every one is prion-related. The situation is about to explode out of control, in a process dubbed the “6th Mass Extinction.”

I have come to conclude that it is a pointless mistake to focus on finding “cures” and “treatments.” It’s simply too late. The horse got out of the barn long, long ago. Modern industry changed the world – completely – at the chemical and biological level. We now are adapting to the changes, along with all the other life on earth. It really is too late to turn back the clock.

Instead of trying to stop time with new “cures,” we need to look at finding ways to ease our evolutionary transitions, and respect our own processes of adaptation.

My main concern is that “sick” people will be written off by society, and subjected to passive or active euthanasia. That would be a very big mistake, because even the science has changed. The new rules are different. And we really do NOT know exactly which mutations or what “disease” will enable the survival of the human species, in the end.

Background - be sure to follow the links:

Self-Help - green tea, sage, curry, and antihistamines won't stop evolutionary change, but they will slow it down enough to handle

As Dr. Mark Miller said on CBC earlier this year, "Something happened 18 to 24 months ago, ..." and now, super bugs are mutating into more virulent forms on exposure to antibiotics.
Super Bugs and Super Flu
More Super Bugs and Super Flu
More on Super Bugs and Super Flu
Super Microbes Eat Radioactive Waste

Population Control Bioweapon? Medical Accident? What is Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD)?
Fears of Terrorism Hide Real Biological Attack, Assault on Voting Rights
The Final Solution

Humans Included in the 6th Mass Extinction?
Bhopal in Slow Motion
Kerry Claims 100 Million Americans Chronically Debilitated
Mad Cow and AIDS
Poison DUst: Depleted Uranium Kills
Smoke, Mirrors, and Gulf War Syndrome

U.S. Still Silencing Scientists
Merck and Vioxx: A Twisted Tale of Cover-ups, Pork and Profits

Flu Vaccine Technology: Who's Blocking its Use?
WHO Pushes for Bird Flu Vaccine Production
Bush Pushes Wrong Flu Vaccine to American People
Bush Signs Quarantine Orders for Bird Flu
Government Plans for Flu Epidemic: Update

Military Says Terrorists Might Use Bird Flu as Bioweapon
Threat Analysis: Genetically Engineered Stealth Bio-weapons

Also see:
Flu researchers slam US for hoarding data

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My personal plan for dealing with bird flu - or whatever epidemic hits first:

1. I won't leave town and try to isolate myself - bird flu and other super bugs are spreading by multiple vectors, and animal to human transmission with H5N1 is common - not to mention contaminated food and water. That's one reason why it's so scary - quarantine is pointless and impossible.

2. I won't boost my immune system, because H5N1 gets its virulence from a prion that's hitchhiking on it - and prions use the immune system to spread in the body. The last thing you want if you're infected is an hyperactive immune system, running in 5th gear hyperspeed.

3. I WILL drink lots of green tea, cook with sage and curry (for the curcumin), and take antihistamines - because they inhibit prion multiplication. I figure if I slow the process down, then my body will have a better chance to adjust and adapt.

4. I WILL use my stockpiled food and water, because new food stocks likely will be heavily contaminated - and the level of exposure counts. The body can assimilate and adjust to small numbers of prions - but large amounts overwhelm all the systems.

5. I WILL meditate, pray, and do whatever I can to help my body get in synch with itself, the earth, and the universe - because I know my body is trying to evolve and adjust to the contaminated industrial world.

6. I won't waste my money on Tamiflu, other antivirals, or antibiotics because they don't work on H5N1 or the other super bugs.

7. I WILL stay awake, pay attention, and do my part to stop the bad guys from taking over the world while everyone is distracted by all the death, pain, fear, and destruction.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I forgot about this one - and need to bring it back up to add to before I forget about it again.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yes, i agree w/ you=] I always drink green tea and im making my stock plied kit as we speak cuz i bet the water n plants will be severly contaminated w/ spores n such=[ TAMIFLU SUX boo*_*p Let's spread the word and if ppl dont listen, i feel very sorry 4 them cuz when the time comes, they will wish they would have listened.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You might find this peice interesting Hachiban:

The viruses that make us: a role for endogenous retrovirus in the evolution of placental species

We currently think of a virus as an agent that necessarily reduce host fitness and generally cause disease, together with other pathogenic microorganisms, such as bacteria and fungi. ...viruses can also invent systems of molecular genetic identity and superimpose a new combined identity onto the infected host. In so doing, a virus can allow the host itself to adapt to the environment and evolve quickly, providing a creative force that the host may further develop into systems of identity and immunity that can contribute directly to host evolution.

...the genomes of placental mammals are also highly infected with retroviruses found only in their genomes (endogenous) and because retroviruses are generally immunosuppressive, I examine the possibility that the embryo is acting like an infectious agent that produces virus to suppress the mother's immune system.
...parasitic viral-like genomes may represent one of the primary mechanisms for the evolution of higher order living systems.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
hmmm..... that is pretty interesting. Good info Sofi

new topics

top topics

join