posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:15 PM
My personal plan for dealing with bird flu - or whatever epidemic hits first:
1. I won't leave town and try to isolate myself - bird flu and other super bugs are spreading by multiple vectors, and animal to human transmission
with H5N1 is common - not to mention contaminated food and water. That's one reason why it's so scary - quarantine is pointless and
2. I won't boost my immune system, because H5N1 gets its virulence from a prion that's hitchhiking on it - and prions use the immune system to
spread in the body. The last thing you want if you're infected is an hyperactive immune system, running in 5th gear hyperspeed.
3. I WILL drink lots of green tea, cook with sage and curry (for the curcumin), and take antihistamines - because they inhibit prion multiplication. I
figure if I slow the process down, then my body will have a better chance to adjust and adapt.
4. I WILL use my stockpiled food and water, because new food stocks likely will be heavily contaminated - and the level of exposure counts. The
body can assimilate and adjust to small numbers of prions - but large amounts overwhelm all the systems.
5. I WILL meditate, pray, and do whatever I can to help my body get in synch with itself, the earth, and the universe - because I know my body is
trying to evolve and adjust to the contaminated industrial world.
6. I won't waste my money on Tamiflu, other antivirals, or antibiotics because they don't work on H5N1 or the other super bugs.
7. I WILL stay awake, pay attention, and do my part to stop the bad guys from taking over the world while everyone is distracted by all the death,
pain, fear, and destruction.