It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singing Black Holes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Apparently black holes sing in b flat. Kind of like me in the shower.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I was just reading about this, it's very cool. Although it's in such a high pitch we would never hear it, it's good to know that there's something besides us making all the noise out there. It's a shame it's tone death though.

AF1

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That is really cool. Think about if their's aliens, then this might be their form of music. It would be just like us listening to the ocean.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Interesting find. My only question would be how does sound escape if light cannot? Physics and myself do not get along very well, so if this is a stupid question my apologies.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Continuous sound of ultra low B flat. Ugh. However, it's more interesting than this......

cnews.canoe.ca...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
Interesting find. My only question would be how does sound escape if light cannot? Physics and myself do not get along very well, so if this is a stupid question my apologies.

maybe the sound is the sound that is emmited from sucking in all that matter? i know this has nuttin to do with physics but it's the thought which came to mind. So anyone wanna tell em the physics of this so i can know i'm wrong?

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
greetings all.

firtly you have to understand EVERYTHING emmits a frequency. either through sound (need a medium like air) and/or light (ultraviolet throught visible to infra) and/orgravitational ....lets round it up as electromagnetic frequencys(look it up if y dont know)
when they say "b flat" and "sound" its an analogy to the frequency wave-shape (electromagnetic raido style i guess since NOTHING escapes a black hole) that it emits. the frequency is so low that it ceaces to be audible (somthin like 50 billion !!!!!times lower than audible) if we could "tune in" with a radio telescope we would here a bflat.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
Apparently black holes sing in b flat. Kind of like me in the shower.

www.msnbc.com...

Black holes sing, the universe hums and light dances. Yes! We're finally seeing the way!

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
To bad that the human ear can not hear it with out the right technology

new topics

top topics

join