It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How About A Moon Webcam?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Something to think about:

We can send rovers and grovers and shovellers and test takers to Mars, why not send some automated travellers to the moon to do the same thing?

Imagine the fun to sit in front of your computer watching the little wheeled wonder ditty across the moon taking umpteen thousands of pictures, boring holes, and scratching surfaces.

Space TV might find it interesting in which case they could sell advertising and recoup dollars to enable more space exploration.

Any suggestions?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Even better: hunting on the moon. The could set up an automated gun with a camera and place animals in presurized space suits. This way the could make money off the hundred million or so it would take to send robots up to the moon for entertainment purposes...not disregarding the time we sent men there for entertainment.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
lol that's how we develop stuff, for the entertainment of the Rich and Spoiled. Good idea lol. Both of you and I'm not being sarcastic either.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sounds good to me, we have one everywhere else.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
LOL Frosty!
Beats a tree stand in the winter!

Then there is the new business of transport and skinning all the critters to inject new life into the ecoomy.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thats a great idea, can be powered by sunlight and never go down. I think we should, but cost to much and who is going to clean the lens ?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
Thats a great idea, can be powered by sunlight and never go down.

Except for, you know, those 14 days it would be in the dark...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
If we do end up going back to the moon as planned I bet NASA will put something like that up there.

[edit on 9/28/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by imbalanced
Thats a great idea, can be powered by sunlight and never go down.

Except for, you know, those 14 days it would be in the dark...

And think how much bandwidth it would need, as everyone will be trying to look at a moon webcam!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Batteries, And wouldnt need bandwith, just a server to stream images to, then it could progate to other servers to handle the load. batteries are to stire the suns energy.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
And think how much bandwidth it would need, as everyone will be trying to look at a moon webcam!

They'd just have to send a signal down to mission control that would then handle the bandwidth requirements to make it available to the world, not much of a problem.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by stumason

They'd just have to send a signal down to mission control that would then handle the bandwidth requirements to make it available to the world, not much of a problem.

True...Did think of that after i posted

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is a great idea. Imagine how cool it would be to have a (practically) live feed of the Earth from the surface of the Moon: "Dude, I can totally see my house!". Or feed of the original Moon landing site: "Oh man, you knocked over the flag! Quick, put it in reverse! Oh no, Neil's footprint!!! Kill the feed! KILL THE FEED!!!"

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It would be easily funded by NSA as an early warning system.
But then we have to find a way to keep the Pentagon out of the whole project. Their interest in the matter would be in using the moon as a proving ground for soldier bots.

We could find ourselves watching interplanetary robot wars on BBC?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
will NASA will be able to edit the images ?

eh ?

they just can't have us seeing live anomalies you know...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Come on people. We've got one already. Here's the latest picture:

NOTHING HAPPENS on the moon. You can watch the stars from a different point of view, get blinded by the sun, and watch the Earth. You can already do those easily with simulations, on Earth, and currently from the ISS and old pictures, respectively. We've got tons of moon rocks, we don't need more. The only purpose would be to watch the surface which, while cool, get's boring. It's really cool, but, in the end, it's just a grey desert.

You'd be better off watching Futurama.

MOD EDIT: Back off, kid.

[edit on 9/29/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What about a Roving Webcam

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Amory you are talking about the difference in seeing Ashley Simpson lip sync on television and then experiencing it LIVE!

Live is better. Even if it is the same stuff.

A mobile webcam on the moon would...well....er.....uhhhh......ah!

It would prove there is a flag there.

And (if Neil Armstrong told the truth) it could help Bushs approval rating when we started an intergalactic war with those aliens on the moon.

We also get the benefit of foreknowledge of any impending invasion.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Its a great idea, it would have to move though, seeing the same rock/crater/Rusky for hours on end would get a tad boring.

Oh, and I would clean the lens, get me a UFO, a good DVD player installed and youve got your man.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sure it's going to move. It has to move for Jeremiah to get it out of Neil's footprint.

Then we take a virtual tour. We're not talking something ordinary. We are talking the MOON.....LIVE!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join