It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undeclared Civil War in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It continues to get worse... The only end in sight is the withdrawal of US troops, and even then, it will do nothing to stop the civil war.

You break it, you bought it, I say. If the United States is driven into more and more trillions of dollars of debt trying to fix this, then there is justice.

Whoever thought that Americans would be good, effective policemen has obviously never been to an major American city after dark.

www.cbsnews.com...

Behind the blood and chaos of the insurgents' bombs, there is an undeclared civil war already underway in Iraq, between the Sunni minority who ruled this country under Saddam and the Shiite majority.

CBS News correspondent Lara Logan reports there is a secret, ruthless cleansing of the country's towns and cities. Bodies — blindfolded, bound and executed — just appear, like the rotting corpses of 36 Sunni men that turned up in a dry riverbed south of Baghdad.

CBS News traced 16 of those men to a single street in a Baghdad suburb, where family members showed CBS News how the killers forced their way into their homes in the middle of the night and dragged away their sons and fathers.

"My uncles were tortured, they even poured acid on them," a young boy told CBS News.

Clutching photographs of the murdered men, the women and children left behind came together to grieve.

One woman said as her husband was marched away she sent her son after him with his slippers, but his abductor sent the child back with a chilling message: No need for slippers — he will come back dead.

They were targeted for one reason alone: all were Sunnis.

Yay! Freedom!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Old news.

Zarqawi has been screaming civil war for months now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-9-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"Whoever thought that Americans would be good, effective policemen has obviously never been to an major American city after dark. "

holy drama queen batman

I've worked in NYC for 3 years, and I ride the subways - gasp - after dark.....and I'm alive !

crime in NYC is way down. Come on down and visit sometime !

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Alright syrinx high priest, so you think that because of your experience America is good at keeping law and order; that it can deal with its own problems as well as others?
Ok then explain the link below...
salt.claretianpubs.org...

Though I suppose you could say its a sort of progress given that the prison population is so high. Yep!! It amazes me that America can actually work out how to put people in jail).

As for the subject matter Zarqawi may very well be calling for a civil war. What that misses is that Iraq is already very much in a state of civil war. In fact the Shiite started fighting the Sunni the moment we “liquidated” Iraq; as these where the people who had power under Saddam’s rule. Not its one sided did you here how Zarqawi is thought to have had 6 Shiite teachers killed the other day?
When this conflict started there was about one suicide bombing per month its now about 38 (last time I checked). I feel sorry for the Americans if only they knew how much they were hated they would a: Have left Iraq or revolted against the president, b they would have left the Iraqis to their dictator who for all his flaws prevented the anarchy we have today, and c America would be trading with the country peacefully like it did in the 1980's. (I tell you trading with a country would be a lot cheaper than invading it).
And d: The terrorist wouldn’t have had a recruitment boast, many people would still be alive (possibly more than the total Saddam killed through oppression). After all we don't know how many Iraqi people have died in this war. But we do know that Gulf War one killed 250,000. Trouble is Gulf war one was much shorter. This is both in time period and the number of troops it killed. Was it 360 something? Whatever it was; the troop death is over 2000 now, therefore how many civilians does that translate to? Especially when include those killed by Iraq’s civil war?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
No suprise there. The U.S has entered a war in which there is no victory. NONE. Any way we turn, it's a losing situation. We pull out, the country is thrown into more turmoil, we stay, the bombings/kidnappings/killings continue. Nice job Government, you have screwed not only one country, but two.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Alright syrinx high priest, so you think that because of your experience America is good at keeping law and order; that it can deal with its own problems as well as others?
Ok then explain the link below...
salt.claretianpubs.org...

Though I suppose you could say its a sort of progress given that the prison population is so high. Yep!! It amazes me that America can actually work out how to put people in jail.

WASHINGTON - The nation's crime rate was unchanged last year, holding at the lowest levels since the government began surveying crime victims in 1973, the Justice Department reported Sunday.

Since 1993, violent crime as measured by victim surveys has fallen by 57 percent and property crime by 50 percent. That has included a 9 percent drop in violent crime from 2001-2002 to 2003-2004.

The 2004 violent crime rate — assault, sexual assault and armed robbery — was 21.4 victims for every 1,000 people age 12 and older. That amounts to about one violent crime victim for every 47 U.S. residents.

U.S. crime rate holds at 30-year low (Continue reading)

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I live in NYC too. Ever been to Harlem or Bensonhurst after dark? Hoz about Kingsbridge.

What did the US anticipate when they cotted the elections in favor of a group (Shi'ites) whose power would ultimately usurpe the power of the Sunni's?

Did they expected open arms and flowers?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
syrinx:

holy drama queen batman

I've worked in NYC for 3 years, and I ride the subways - gasp - after dark.....and I'm alive !

What neighborhoods?

How about we dress you up in nice shiny Nikes, maybe a new jacket, a cool baseball cap and a backpack, and you walk across the city of New York at night? Making sure to spend some time in every borough.

Just don't get arrested for being a "suspicious black male" walking through some neighborhoods after dark, if you're African-American. Because the NYPD will not be compassionate.

new topics

top topics

join