It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
EARTH, 1945. Humanity was on the brink of annihilation. Sinister forces pushed to seize control of the free world, and only one man rose up to stop them. A man who sacrificed his life to save us all. History remembers him as our one and only Super-Soldier.
We know him as Captain America.
When a nuclear missile was fired at Washington in 1945, Captain America managed to detonate it in the upper atmosphere. But then he fell miles into the icy depths of the North Atlantic, where he remained lost for over sixty years. But now, with the world facing the very same evil, Captain America must rise again as our last hope of survival, and lead a strong-willed team of today's superheroes:
IRON MAN, the billionaire bachelor used to doing things his own way.
THE HULK, the destructive force Bruce Banner hopes to turn into a useful member of the team.
THOR, a hero who has responsibilities to both the world of man and the world of gods.
WASP, a petite powerhouse who sees the team as a fresh start for her and her husband, otherwise known as:
GIANT MAN, sixty feet tall with an equally large chip on his shoulder.
And CAPTAIN AMERICA, a star-spangled idealist resurrected from a 60 year deep-freeze because this team needs a super-soldier to lead them.
- There will be bonus features on the DVD, and they are currently in production.
- A price point has not currently been set.
- A cast list for "Ultimate Avengers" will be made public sometime next month.
- A different animation studio will be used for each film. "[Each movie] will have its own look, its own story type and its own universe," said Kyle.
- Frank Paur ("Spawn" animated series, "Batman: the Animated Series") will be producing the Iron Man and Dr. Strange movies.
- When asked about the graphic content of the movie, Kyle said that it is not meant for Saturday morning television, but added it is not excessively violent or suggestive. "It's more than just the fact that we can ignore some… standards that dictate the things you cannot do on television," Kyle continued, "…But it was more of a freedom than 'hey, let's swear because we can' or 'let's show some risqué shots of Black Widow because we can.'
"And we did."
- Tony Stark's alcoholism will not be featured in the Iron Man DVD.
- When asked about the Dr. Strange DVD, Kyle said they looked "very closely" at J. Michael Straczynski's "Marvel Knights Strange" and "all of the old stuff as well."
- The animated features will not deter Marvel from making live-action theatrical releases later down the line.
- One fan asked, "Did you try to get Samuel L. Jackson to voice Nick Fury?"
"No," Kyle replied, "The honest answer is in voice over, you have great, great actors. And we didn't want to take away from who the characters are. We want it to sound like 'that's a great voice for Nick, that sounds like Nick Fury should sound,' not 'I couldn't forget Sam Jackson's performance as Nick Fury.'"
- When asked about the next round of projects, Kyle said that many Marvel properties are being considered. Hulk and Fantastic Four were mentioned.
-Character crossovers could potentially be down the line if there is enough demand.
Basically, there’s lots of really cool superhero fights in this that are more like what comics readers are used to – namely lots of strong guys beating the crap out of each other. It’s in its way more satisfying than even the best of the live-action comicbook movie action scenes because of its scale.
The plot follows pretty closely the first series of “The Ultimates” by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch, though some of the really edgy bits (i.e., the wife-beating scene) have been left out. But the overall characterization is the same, with Tony Stark being the party man, Hank Pym a total dick and the Black Widow as sexy as an animated Marvel character can be.
***Warning the following may contain spoilers to the movie***
(Although I won’t reveal much and it shouldn’t really affect your experience watching this movie.)
Description: Earth's mightiest heroes reunite to save humanity once again. Mysterious Wakanda. It lies in the darkest heart of Africa, isolated and unknown to most of the world. Brutal alien invaders are coming, soon to fill every sky and control every land, seeking what is buried beneath its lands. That leaves Wakanda's young king Black Panther with a single option: The Avengers.