It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iranian Military Uniforms: Amazing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
the camo looks more like a variant of the NATO issue " DPM " scheme

see here :

link

as for the goose stepping , it is " obvious " that 2005 is the year that iran is playing host to the " ministry of silly walks "

i have a personal theory on goosestepping militaries in the 21st century - but many readers would be offended , so i will keep it to myself

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
nope its just a copy of our U.S. old battle dress uniform. looks like the Iranians want those uniforms on their soldiers because they like them i guess. many of Iran's military is based on America's weaponry that we sold back in the 70s. so its no wonder why it looks like America's.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Okay so the ruffians got a great deal from an Army-Navy "Going Out of Business" store?

Or maybe the general's kid got the idea for the uniform from some U.S. made war game software........

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Very cool style, looks GOOD I didnt know that Iran had taste in fasion as well as acquiring a nuclear power station.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yeah Intersepter!
Just what they need......a nuclear play station.
Wouldn't that be cool?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
they look pretty nice. just not what they need in Iran.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ah they should have went with a digital camouflage patterns they are more effective then the crisp lines in old camo patterns.

Even Jordan got the digital pattern

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It does look like Woodland Camoflage, probably US or Dutch, I agree, digital camo would have been better, any pics of the old camo scheme? if any?

those rifles are definitly G-3's, those are quite decent and yes, those seem to be M16's, army is probably right that they are M16A1's.

That Artillery is a M110 or M107, still used by Korea, now THAT is an Artillery

What is up with you Americans on this board? why are you so hostile towards Iran? have they ever done anything to the US? you guys were ALLIES not too long ago, same goes for Iraq, before they gassed people and invaded Kuwait.

The Iranians have no intend to nuke the US, however, they are probably gettings nukes for defense against Israel, YES Defense, not Attack, that's nuts...only Usama Bin Laden would be that stupid, but I doubt he is up to any major attacks...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

What is up with you Americans on this board? why are you so hostile towards Iran? have they ever done anything to the US? you guys were ALLIES not too long ago, same goes for Iraq, before they gassed people and invaded Kuwait.

It's all that "Death To America" crap, and the hostage taking in 1979. We were allied with the Shaw, not the current theological government, first headed by Khomeini after the coup in 1978/9.

Those are definately M107's. Skinny barrel and lack of muzzle brake easily type it.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's all that "Death To America" crap, and the hostage taking in 1979. We were allied with the Shaw, not the current theological government, first headed by Khomeini after the coup in 1978/9.

Those are definately M107's. Skinny barrel and lack of muzzle brake easily type it.

Its fine when thousands die and suffer under the US puppet Muhammad Reza Shah Pahlavi but a problem when the Iranian revolution takes American hostages to demand their country back? Right...

Anyway, very neat uniforums

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't think those camo uniforms are what "regular" troops i nthe Iranian army wear.
I'm guessing by the way those guys hold their arms and "jump-march", they're probably some type of commando force..
Maybe an arab/islamic thing because I've seen something strikingly similar in the pak army commandos:
Pak SSG(Special Services Group) Commandos:
external image

NR's Iranian pic:
external image

And as for those guys scrutinizing the "marching methods" of the Iranian troops, no offence guys, but a few years back when I had gone to see the International fleet review at Mumbai, the guys from the USN, were.. ummm..literally walking down the parade path..

If you look closely enough you can make out this fact in the pic below:

Is walking classified as a type of march?

Here's a another pic where it looks like they're all in synch except for a few places here and there where hands are not in synch.. but still in realtime "walking" looks a little lame IMO..
What do you say?

And are raybans the in-thing while marching in that hot sun these days?

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Daedalus3]

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That photo of the Pakistani commondo's those suits don't really stand out or do they? I mean there to different colourd pieces the trousers are dirty yellowish/green colour the jacket is commo with high definition stripes. this suit is like multi perpus suit it can be used in jungle and as wel as in desert

why would you risk that kind of uniform in a hostile conditions.
there should be one type of shade of the whole uniform.

I think the best suits are the British Uniform which can be very hard to spot in any enviroment.

this is WWII uniform but its not about how good it looks it should work as well you know a bunch of fasiond army can't win a batle you know.

this kind commo can be more effective then any other.
Dirty yelowish/green colour.

As for the Pakistanis they should re think about there commondo suit the trousers are oke its the jacket that needs replacement.

Sep

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army

Hey, I guess its fine for the US to shoot down an Iranian airliner killing 290 people including 66 children. I guess its alright for the US to overthrow the government of Mossadegh, the nationalist leader and bring in a dictator instead who killed thousands of his own people, with his CIA trained secret police SAVAK. I guess it’s all right that the US gave Saddam Hussain satellite picture of the Iranian formations in order to use WMDs against them.

But how dare these brown people yell out rhetoric in the streets? How dare they take over the US embassy, release all women, and not harm anyone for 444 days. An embassy, which was previously used as a launching ground for a coup against Mossadegh's government.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Sep]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Even if they were not in jungle camo, whats up with all the goose stepping?

Ah, to be goose-stepping through the capitol, with the crisp tension of fall in the air, and an international climate of appeasement . . .

Most states that were never under the sway of western Euro are still into the 'ole heel snapping. I had a malaysian friend who taught it to me.

I have a friend who goes to an international pistol competition for law enforcement. One of the things he rails about is the fact that other than the French, most non-English speakers have no actual concept of marksmanship He told about watching Mossad demonstrate infiltration of a hostile building and search for hostages. He said that they all posed perfectly, and covered each other, and were synchronized to the milisecond, but couldn't hit the broadside of a Kibbutz.

That's all hearsay, but it fits in with my experience with Policia Judicial (like the FBI of Mexico) Those dudes had verdigris on the copper jackets of their bullets, from being chambered repeatedly but never fired. And their guns were all in "mint" condition. I worked for an agency that had obligitory range practice, every thirty days. And you couldn't get on the clock until you were up to date and "showed progress."

I dunno. those guys look a tad "irregular" even to my civilian eye. But there's more to winning that staying in formation.

But then there's also more to it than . .. than. . . goosestepping.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Anybody notice that the bolts are either locked open or more likely missing on the G-3's in the first few photo's.

My HK-91(semi-auto version G-3) still showed some of the bolt at the ejection port when locked open on an empty magazine - I say the bolt on these rifles have been removed all together on these weapons.

Makes one wonder how trusted these soldiers are by the leadership.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i have a personal theory on goosestepping militaries in the 21st century - but many readers would be offended , so i will keep it to myself

I've always wondered what the benefit of goose stepping is in a march other than it helps when forced to kick buns.

My mind is racing on the theory you hold.

On the uniforms...I'm not so taken with them. They look like they would stand out anywhere with those bright colours. The men look like rainbows of bright greens, reds and sepia browns. It's a hodge podge and seems ill matched for any terrain.

One thing about the Iranians, though...imo, they will not back down in a fight if they were wearing bright red uniforms with yellow feathers in their berets. The Fountain of Blood is all too clear in my memory as is the plastic keys they wore around their necks, symbolizing the keys to the gates of Heaven.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The SSG commandos are the so-called "cream" of the Pak Army..
If you work your way up through the ranks, hey..you never know!!..
One day you might be President!!

Those are special units.. The regular troops wear the same "khaki" coloured uniforms like the british soldiers does in the above post..

Pak Troops(Regulars): (They look a bit scrawny to me
)
external image

Indian Army(Regulars):

external image
Desert Gear
external image
Jungle Gear:
external image
Snow Gear: Siachen World's highest battleground

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

I've always wondered what the benefit of goose stepping is in a march other than it helps when forced to kick buns.

My mind is racing on the theory you hold.

I am very eager to hear this theory too..I personally will not be offended
And I presume you would also explain the benefits of "strolling" down lanes at parades with raybans as opposed to this "goose-stepping" which IMHO shows the motivation of the troops with respect to the task at hand..

NR

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Daeudlus those Indian uniform look good to me and since its so hot in middle east i think its appopriate to wear these kinds of uniforms, i bet U.S soldiers in Iraq are just dying to get out of there or even take off their suits, and yes i would also like to read your theory ape.

some Images of our troops in training.

[edit on 2-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Nice Post NS!

...don't listen to some of these Redneck and hillbillies here...Their just crying cause America can't beat Iraq, which doesn't have an army, and they can't even fund Katrina...cause their country is slowly going bankrupt and China is Buying UP MOST OF THEIR DEBT....$8 trillion in DEBT...hahaha

PLUS with the BRIC alliance getting stronger everyday, America is crapping in their pants and begging India to Join hands with them to counter China and Russia.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Darth Tinku]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join