It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mods make up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2002 @ 10:03 PM
link   
k how many people think ALL the mods should kiss and make up????
yes
no

posted on Oct, 13 2002 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think they should all get demoted, most of them anyway, LOL

Just found out another alias:

William/Theyre Here/Ereher Yeht/R Daneel Olivaw

This latest one, Daneel he was claiming to be a robot.

posted on Oct, 13 2002 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hey...like any family or group, not everyone gets along...but ultimately conflict can actually provide something positive. Like a ragging fire in a forest will often promote new and more fertile growth.

The thing is to move on from it with lessons learnt.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 13 2002 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well Connie, they at least admit to being more than one person.

Plus the only one that wasn't publicly known was R. Daneel. Though I had my suspicions.

Incidentally connie, you know Daneel is a character from an Asimov book dont you?

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Kano, if you are saying that I have multiple aliases, you are wrong. I originally came to ATS as t2a, and after the board wend down around xmas last year I came back as Ycon, I have been using Ycon for almost 7 years. I am nobody else, not Brian, not Grant.

William, just revealed his latest alias in the chatroom tonight. Actually, net chicken figured it out.

Yes William mentioned the book tonight

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The Caves of Steel

One of Asimov's earliest and best books. Humanity has gone underground, living in cramped quarters in huge cities under the earth. But humans who have gone to the stars and come back, called "Spacers" have developed a very different lifestyle, living in the open air with robot helpers. Humans still on Earth hate robots and hate spacers.

But when a prominent Spacer is murdered, R. Daneel Oliver the spacer's robot (who, to complicate things, looks exactly like the murdered Spacer), is paired up with a human detective Elijah Bailey. The story is ostensibly about solving the murder, but is really about exploring life in a regimented, overcrowded underground megacity, while at the same time exploring what robots are and how they behave.

It seems MM is not the only one who weaves a tangelled web on this board in order to catch an unsuspecting fly.

There appear to be a whole colony of spiders.

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hey, a psychohistorian crime solving robot that lives on the moon is no less realistic than a middle aged dole bludging messiah living in melbourne...

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien...like any family or group, not everyone gets along...but ultimately conflict can actually provide something positive.

As the sayiing goes, "Even a well-oiled machine won't work unless the wheels grind together"...

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Could anyone guess as to the real source of the problem we're having?

This has all been a pretty clear unintended little test in microcosm of a community's response to... what?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Can one of the "old timers" -- I'm talking "real" old timers, tell us about this rather vague but interesting piece of ATS history?

It would appear that there was a particular incident that happened during the early days of ATS that involved the MODS. It would appear that the MODS were running amok and were using ATS as their own individual playground. MODS using multiple identities? Robot MODS?

All I can say is that I'm thankful that we have such a disciplined, dedicated and "professional" group of people who do so much to keep this site functioning on a day-to-day basis.

Still it would be interesting to find out what was going on back then. Mining ATS history by going through old, long inactive threads, is proving to be quite interesting and, as this thread points out, entertaining as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
hey so yes. id like to say sorry

hmmmmm, well just saying sorry

man that feels good...

w000t

new topics

top topics

join