It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Got Romanian SAR-1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just got a new rifle. Well it is used, but new to me!
It is a SAR-1. Basically a Romanian Ak-47 import.
SAR-1

I have also purchased several new parts to upgrade the rifle:

A M-4 collapsible stock & butt stock adaptor
Black plastic lower hand guard
Black pistol grip

I will work on it tonight...it looks like it should not take very long. I will post before and after pictures tonight.

Anyway...I can not wait until I get off of work! LOL

Anyone else have, or has had, a similar rifle? Any advise?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thats a fine weapon, cant wait to see the upgrades!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've had 10 AK's...two of them SAR-1's...they are good guns...a little rough around the edges.

All I have left is a Bulgarian milled SLR101SG that is da bomb!
I'll put this AK up against an AR any day....

groups.msn.com...

Extremely accurate...extremely well made...

U.S. Army 1976-79
237th Engineer Batt.
Wharton Barracks
Heilbronn, Germany

Come join my MSN community...........................240 MEMBERS STRONG!
Manager North American Gunrunners:
groups.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well here they are:

Before
Parts
After

Had a B**** of a time with the pistol grip. The stock bolt was too small. I drove around for 2 hours trying to find a bolt that was 1/2" x 5". In the end no luck. I had to fab out a piece in my workshop. It took me 30min. Of course I only thought of fabing out a piece after I drove around for 2 hours! LOL

I am hoping the upper portion of the hand guard will arrive with my magizenes: (2) 30 round mags & (1) 80 round mag.

Next purchase will be a tactical folding front grip, tri rail and a new trigger assembly. I have to wait until next month. If my wife see two separate purchases for the gun in one month….well you know! LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nice machinery; oughtta be able to murder a lot of beer cans with it
Banjo

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjo_guru
Nice machinery; oughtta be able to murder a lot of beer cans with it
Banjo

Naw me and the beer cans are cool, I am friends with their cousins the Bottles. Now the paper targets.....they are dead! LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Looking good, love the stock, looks classy.

Not the paper targets though! What did they ever do to you?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Nice purchase, what did you pay and have you shot it yet ?

Two things to always check for on SAR-1s:

1. Front sight alignment

2. Gas block alignment

Unfortunately you really need to break Firearms Safety Rule #1 to check 1. and 2., namely, look down the length of the gun from the dangerous end.

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Nice, I still want to get an AK clone like that, I'd probably go with the Galil style stock, same black handguard and such.

I'd probably go with the Cheaper WASR-10, Hi-cap ofcourse, however, those 10 round WASR's go for 200 bucks these days, perhaps messing around with them I can get them to accept 30 round mags, but why risk it?

Nice buy
i'm a little bit jealous

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Unfortunately you really need to break Firearms Safety Rule #1 to check 1. and 2., namely, look down the length of the gun from the dangerous end.

Wooden block to hold the bolt open?
With white paper in front to add light down the barrel?

Mirror?

(Provided you don't need the bolt closed to do the checking on the gas block.)

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Nice, I still want to get an AK clone like that, I'd probably go with the Galil style stock, same black handguard and such.

I'd probably go with the Cheaper WASR-10, Hi-cap ofcourse, however, those 10 round WASR's go for 200 bucks these days, perhaps messing around with them I can get them to accept 30 round mags, but why risk it?

Nice buy
i'm a little bit jealous

Thanks

Set back for a SAR-1 would run you $300.00 + Shipping.

Funny part is that the additional mods I want done will cost more than what I paid for the gun. I have another $250 worth of parts picked out.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

Mirror?

you can do all that with the gas pistion & Receiver cover removed...I think. Hey that is why i took it to a 'Smith as soon as I got it. All checked straight.

xu

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I used it once, it is much easy on the eardums if you are not using earplugs compared to G3A3, and has less recoil too.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

you know GZ I looked at the prices for a WASR-10 they are the same as the SAR-1. In addition SAR-1 by default takes hig-cap mags, no fiddling necessary. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

Mirror?

You don't have to look down the bore just along the length of the barrel because both the sight block and gas block sit on top of it. Good thinking though.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I HAVE A ROMANIA AK-47 SAR-1 I BOUGHT FROM A FRIEND FOR A $150 JUST THE GUN WITH NO MAGS THE MUZZLE IS THREADED AND NOW I HAVE 8 30 RD MAGS AND 3 75 RD DRUMS. THIS AK-47 SAR-1 IS A GREAT BUY SO IF YOU RUN ACROSS ONE AND IT IS IN GOOD SHAPE PURCHASE IT BECAUSE OF THE BAN ON ASSULT RIFLES.I CHOOSE MY AK-47 OVER MY AR-15!

new topics

top topics

join