It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is naked?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I think that if you get the chance to be nude, without feeling self-conscious, you will understand the freedom that comes with nudity.
Strip off some friday night and spend the week-end naked. Don't bother with clothes of any kind. Sleep naked, walk around naked, watch TV naked,
just don't cook bacon naked.......

I have the chance to do that, a good chunk of time, I'm just not comfortable being naked, infact, I wont wear shorts, unless there knee length or longer.
And I have a cat, who likes to jump and claw...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I just wear my pj's allday jsut soem plain pajama pants... sometimes boxers but these are mroe ocmfortable... I have a mom and sister who are hoem always so well naked really isn't apropriate.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Of course, I have been known the jump out of the shower and answer e-mail with just a towel. And I do sleep naked. Always have.

Nudity has its priviledges.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm not nude unless i'm showering or being intimate with my wife. (TMI I know)

In the summer, I sometimes strip to my underwear, but it has to be unbearingly hot for me to do that.

I am uncomfortable not wearing underwear since my privates usually get sit on or something else painful...again TMI lol.

I also have the problem that I easilly get cold, my wife has the opposite problem, but she is still very adamant in keeping her cloths on, even though when she was little she stripped to her underwear according to her and her parents lol.

I do however always walk around in comfortable jogging pants that give me alot of space and a comfy sweater.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
guilty! It's good to let the boys out for air once in a while.
Unfortunately, it's more for comfort that anything else. The wife just shakes her head at me.

btw...the docking comment was hysterical. Real Al Bundy-esque.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Never! I'm never naked. I even take showers while wearing board shorts. I don't know what's up with all you freaks! Running around naked like you were some kind of primitive animals. If God meant for us to be naked, we would have been born that way. Well, bad example, but you get the point.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
LOL Dbates...

But I have lived in a busy family, so nakedness just didn't feel right around all my brothers.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We should start an ATS Naturist Club...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm all for the whole "feeling good" aspect of being naked at home all the time. Only problem? The other 3 members of the house. Mom, dad and bro don't all share the same train of thought.

I try to sleep naked when I can... and it is heaven.

Letting it all out just feels good... I just can't do it in front of people... I'm not exactly the most physically fit person

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yeah... I'd sleep naked to... but it's hard when oyur mom has to wake you up cause your stupid alarm clock doesn't work... and your bedroom door room's locks don't lock.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I enjoy being naked, allows things to "dangle"...Tis much more comfortable. Unfortunately I dont get much of a chance to be naked, I doubt my housemates would be too pleased, although I sleep in the buff. This does get some strange looks from my little girl when I get her out of bed in the morning! As I am getting dressed and she is dozing on my bed, she will just stare, as if to say "Daddy.....What is that?!"

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I don't know what's up with all you freaks! Running around naked like you were some kind of primitive animals.

I guess it's to each his own, but nudity can promote a more honest relationship and a more active sex life.
Both are good things for a couple.
And what's wrong with a bit of "primitive animal love" ???
It's not too many generations back to the tree.....

If God meant for us to be naked, we would have been born that way. Well, bad example, but you get the point.

Very good point.

We come into the world naked, as God intended.
But it was religion that imposed modesty on mankind, not God.

Go spend a day at a nude beach, it will give you a different perspective on mankind.
We are not all Baywatch Babes and Hunks. In fact, the average human is a lot less than the ideal set forth by Hollywood.
They have a carefully crafted and perfect idea of what we all should aspire to look like.

Screw them.........
At the very least, you should feel comfortable in your own skin.

The dancing banana is for when I walk around the house.....

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
LOL Dbates...

But I have lived in a busy family, so nakedness just didn't feel right around all my brothers.

Its funny that, my families busy
I came fro a stricly conservative christian church going high morals family. I remember my gran abusing my mum when I was a kid fro allowing me to wear a midrift top and showing my belly button.........Oh the shame

Now I hate clothes and my five little ones are the same but i do notice as the girls get older they increasingly like their privacy and get all embarrased. I do think thats a culture thing of self shame and its terrible. As Dbates said you were born nekkid.

Its such a point with my stunningly beautiful mouth drop open and drool and she walks past, 18 years old daughter, that she screams and covers up even if i walk accidently into the bathroom. She is ashamed of her body, spends hours perfecting further the already perfect and won't even show her absolutely stunning legs at a swimming pool. Mind you she had two lifeguards send my son over to her yesterday to tell her they liked her and what was her number, she got three job offers in also yesterday and gets ton of email daily from photographers devious or otherwise wishing to photograph her.

Men walk into walls walking past her (thats hilarious) and well you get the idea and she is embarrassed. She won't walk around naked and won't even let her boyfriend see her naked for fear and shame that shes not "up to it"

Nudity is perfectly natural, I couldnt imagine going to a nudist colony though and see flip flops dangling around everywhere. Some decorum is required when playing tennis or snooker and the like. But the shame that society has created for us is disgusting. Society has given us a major fear in the journey to find ourselves and to grow...shame of ourselves and our bodies.

with that shame comes loss of knowledge of our bodies and various functions...we are too busy hiding it to figure out how it ticks.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
For thoes afraid of people comming over...

There are nice outfits called...
Kimonos and Bath Robes

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Interestingly there are three universals in human culture. Every single culture has them. The details are always unique, but the principles, the underlying concept of categories is universal:

1.) Murder taboo. There are some people you are not allowed to kill.

2.) Incest taboo. There are some people you're not allowed to doink.

3.) Nudity taboo. Even if we are talking Yamamano warriors, who wear nothing more than a penis sheath, Or !Kung elders, who wear a couple of beads on a string around their waists, they still feel NAKED without that little hanky or strand of string tied like a belt.

Every definition of civilization v. barbarism boils down do application of those principles.

Whether or not you believe the 3rd chapter of Genesis, it is pointing out something really deep in our collective psyche.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I'm naked right now.

Gotcha!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
For thoes afraid of people comming over...

There are nice outfits called...
Kimonos and Bath Robes

I have a wardrobe full of them and sarongs.... I live in sarongs when I Have to get dressed.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Mayet]

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Okay, since Strangecraft brought me up in this context, I should probably respond. I don't keep up with BTS/ATS often, it is sort of "his" thing, but occasionally, I surface to respond, usually to Strangecraft's postings.

I grew up in a home where no one was ever naked, to my knowlege...I guess they were in the shower or bath...and as far as I know, my parents were never naked...my sister and I are both adopted! My people have a "thing" about being naked.

I never experimented with nakedness until I was married to Dr_Strangecraft. I never felt "comfortable" with my body until I was married to Dr_Strangecraft, so now, clothes are so..so...formal! All hail, Dr_Strangecraft!!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
*is now fearful to click on Photos of members again and Member pics 2: Electric Bugaloo ever again*

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
edit: double post...woohoo, haven't done a double post in ages

[edit on 29-9-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I live alone and I am never naked!

I don't know where and how many cameras CIA, DIA, NSA hid in my room, are spy satelites watching me or aliens maybe or even ghosts

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join