It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amuk, We Stand Behind You

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So good to see you again...
I hope things are looking better still...

it is always darkest before the dawn
fear is a mindkiller
the unknown is usually far less scary than the fear of the unknown...

and one last thing...
this life is an illusion... the real show starts when we graduate...
so dont let the magician get ya down... he is the one with dove poo in his pocket and rabbit piss on his head...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've noticed that Amuk has been posting again!!

Great to have you back, guy, and hope things continue to go well for you!!
Take care of yourself!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It takes more than your average abuse to keep Amuk down! The man's a beast!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Welcome back!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Amuk welcome back !
#not a one liner#

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have just got a computer. I am now living in the HUGE (for me) city of Fort Smith pop 60-70 K. I dont see how yall can stand living so close to each other. I cant wait to be back in the Hills again although it wont be the hills of my birth.

I think I owe yall a little of explanation of what has happened.

Me and my brother share ownership of prime lakeside property that has been in our family for over 150 years. He wanted to sell and I refused, and between him and my soon to be X wife they set me up to be arrested on bogus charges and tried to take the land. I will have to sell it, but I have one of the best lawyers in Arkansas and he will tie it up in court for YEARS
I also have my X on tape ADMITTING to what they did, so I dont expect the charges to go far.

There is more to the story than this but the rest isnt important. I cant believe those closest to me would betray me for a few hundred thousand dollars, but I gues people have been stabbed in the back for less.

To make a long story short, those that betrayed me are now facing charges too, and a lot more severe than the BS charges they had on me. I will lose the land but after my Lawyer is done they wont get but a fraction of what it is worth, me either, but for me its not about the money.

I am awaiting my disabilty payments to start and chatting with a little sweetie in NC that has a little farm out in the hills and needs a big strong hillbilly to help her out. Besides she made me an offer I cant refuse

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Way to go Amuk

As some who has gone through a divorce, and lost everything, i can imagine what you are feeling right now. I was left with two children and a boat load of debts.

But hey, six years down the line and i have rebuilt my life. One son in the Army, and a daughter just signed up for the medical corp, my own home and a new girl in my life.
It can only get better mate. Believe me, i have been there. Life does get so much sweeter, honest........................

mod edit: do not circumvent ATS censors

[edit on 16-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The Ultimate Victim Of Sin Is The Sinner

While you have obviously been harmed in the short term, the real losers in this drama will be your brother and soon-to-be-ex-wife.

You are already recovering, and I suspect you will find this experience to be the gateway to a new and better life.

Meanwhile, those who betrayed you will find no lasting profit from this adventure, and in exchange for a pittance they cannot take with them beyond death are doomed to carry the shame of treachery with them forever.

The fruits of betrayal are bitter.

My corollary to the line in your signature block is: “Whatever kills you doesn't make you stronger.”

Hopefully those who have conducted themselves poorly in this matter will find repentance, because the alternative will be far, far worse.

But that's their problem, not yours.

Here's looking forward to much brighter times ahead for a fellow member whom I admire greatly.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
#, that sucks. Well, they'll get theirs no worries.

We're all pulling for you, Amuk.

DE

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I have just got a computer. I am now living in the HUGE (for me) city of Fort Smith pop 60-70 K. I dont see how yall can stand living so close to each other. I cant wait to be back in the Hills again although it wont be the hills of my birth.

As a former Arkansan, I believe I know what you mean. Just bailed out of that fouled up SF Bay Area for the open spaces of Nevada myself.

Anyway, best to you. The strong do survive!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Amuk I hope the worst of your situation is over.
You seem to prove that tommorrow can only get better.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by xpert11]

[edit on 10-11-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You know, I was so worried it was a health problem, Amuk. I'm actually relieved that it was a squabble over real estate.

I know what you're going through. I've had a similar problem with an uncle who cheated my family out of some real estate left to me by my parents. While I would have sold it because it is one of the most uninhabitable places in North America, it still burns me that people can connive and ruin relationships over money.

It sucks and it hurts.

That was almost 30 years ago now, but that uncle still avoids me like poison. Best part of it all was when he left my aunt for some floosey and now no longer has her and their 3 children. Small revenge, but I relish that thought.

Hope it all works out and you find another little cabin in the woods somewhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Great to hear things are going better

The wicked will reap what they sow, so no worries on that one

Best of luck with the NC filly, and glad to see ya around in better spirits, your insights have been missed.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Glad to hear you came out swinging!! I practically grew up on my Granddad's farm, knew every inch of it by heart.......then my cuz who'd never sat foot beyond the parlor auctioned it off for a pentance without so much as notifing me of the date of the sale.....and I could have paid 'im twice what he "supposedly" got!!! Grrr

Most definately, what goes around, comes around!! Trite, but true......

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
yikes
im so sorry to hear about that Amuk, but we're all glad its getting better. though i can say im glad it wasnt a health problem.

look to the future, live in the present, just dont dwell on the past. move forward my friend, it's all you can do.

stay strong

--Kit.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I just wanted to say I am glad you're back on the boards, you seemed really down and out and now I can see why. But rest assured those who seek to harm get theirs back twice as hard.

Sounds like you're pulling it all back together nicely though which is wonderful to see

I wish you nothing but good fortune, happiness and properity

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
You know, I was so worried it was a health problem, Amuk.

That too.

I have been having a neuralogical problem, along with severe arthritis, which made it hard for me to even stand much less walk. I was having blackouts and my muscles would just stop working for bits at a time. I came to in the bathroom once and didnt even know where I was at.

I also had three major surgeries in less than a year to remove gangriness peices of intestines. I could barely feed myself and my loving family chose this time to have me arrested and thrown out in the street. If it hadnt been for my daughter I would have been put in a rest home.

But they have me on some new meds which have pretty much cleared up the problem, but I will be on disabilty for the rest of my life.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
After finding/reading this thread and your posts, Amuk, all I can say is:
You are truly an inspiration! Thank you for sharing what has been going
on in your life. It helps more than you know...

My sincerest blessings and well wishes go out to you!!
Welcome back! You ROCK, Dude!!!

MBF

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I think I owe yall a little of explanation of what has happened.

I'm going through something similar. A neighbor died about 5 years ago and left me his farm. I thought that everything was ok and all of a sudden a few months ago, a nurses aid that stayed with him has decided that she wants half the farm( the will wasn't real clear as to who got what, but he told both of us how to split it). This will put me completely out of buisness. She has a lawyer that sends mess to my lawyer several times a week. I have gotten as many as two letters in a day from my lawyer. Well she filed to have me removed as executor of the will. The day before the hearing, my lawyer called and said that the other side had asked to have the hearing postponed, but to call the next day after noon. When I called, he said that he had taken care of everything. Later that day I called the probate judge to ask what was going on and was told that they had the hearing and that me and my lawyer didn't show up so they made her co-executor. If I could got my hands on them lawyers that day, I would have hurt them BAD

I discovered that the woman had stolen a large amount of cash from the friend of mine that died. It was enough to almost pay for 77 acres of land that she bought. I had the land that she bought apprised and found out that the amount between what she claimed to pay and the worth at the time she bought it is the minimum amount of money that went missing. I thought that this lady was a good person.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of getting a knife in the back. I told the lawyer that I wanted her to face charges for taking the money.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well, now i can really see why you were out of commision for so long, Amuk.

im sorry to hear you got both, noone deserves that, especially not you my friend.
again, im sure we're all glad your back and the problems are under control.

as stated before, you truly are an inspiration to us all!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join