It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amuk, We Stand Behind You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

the internet makes it hard to classify someone as "friend" whom we have never met in person,

I can think of at least 6 people on this board, I have never met, I would practically do anything for.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If it was intentional, it was to bring attention to something that we will be informed of at a later time. It is not right for any of the mods to explain about something Amuk is going through if he didn't feel the need or urge to share it on a public forum.

As RANT said, it was intended solely for an audience of one...
And yes, you are correct in that it isn't our place to explain it and it would be wrong and presumptuous for us to do so. Suffice to say, it's a show of support, nothing sinister, no other motive.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I can think of at least 6 people on this board, I have never met, I would practically do anything for.

i am sure that i am one of these people

BTW, i am behind you amuk...

[edit on 28-9-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I respect the decision and the show of support.
Give Amuk our best, our prayers, positive thoughts, and energies.

ATS is like family.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Having once been thought of as a "family member" among the family, my heartfelt best goes out to Amuk.
I have always admired the staff in how they have and are very supportive of those among them. It is a very admirable trait.

Amuk, and his family, have endured much.
As such, you, as with your family, have always been apart of my, and my family's, prayers and thoughts, Amuk.
My continued best for and to you friend.

seekerof

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well said everybody.

Amuk, I got your back, and so does the rest of the ATS family.

Heres to hoping this rough spot passes quickly. We know you'll get through it, friend. And until then, we are here for you.

--Kit.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Amuk... not sure what has happened or is happenign but I hope everythign turns out all right. I got your back in case oyu need help ro someone to talk to or anything...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Amuk, I hope everything is going good for you. You are probably one of the best moderators I have ever seen on any message board.

Even so, I find the "family" notion quite inaccurate. But that's a different story.

When did this first start? I saw a recent post by Amuk yesterday, I think.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It started either late last night or early this morning. I suspect some time around 12:30 or so last night at the latest.

Gaz, y'all should know me well enough to know I'm one of those Crazy anti-conspiracy skeptical loons! I didn't think it was something ATS was plotting or planning. I just wasn't sure if y'all were asked by Amuk to throw something out there letting folks know something was going wrong without being too obvious, or if it was a rush job where the consequences weren't really thought over. It in no way was a, "what are they trying to pull," assumption.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
AMUK,
I hope that all works out well for you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
We weren't asked....just something we did.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think its another clue to an upcoming ATS sponsered games and events contest. Am I right?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
I think its another clue to an upcoming ATS sponsered games and events contest. Am I right?

NO.

Please re-read the thread.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix

We have said this many times Bud, in no way is this some sort of game.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry I have a short attention span and sometimes I just bla- OMG look a bird!!! *runs off*

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
To Amuk:

I send you a remote healing vibe.

I have an ulterior(sp) motive. I want to see you back on the Paranormal Forum. You are after all, our ghost hunting leader.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I hope the bad spell passes, and Amuk is back in the community post haste.

I don't think you can truly know someone in an online environment, but I dare say Amuk has always stuck out as a stand-up guy. A real American, yaknow? And that means indomitable!

I suspect I know what's up, and if I'm right, you have my sympathy. Take a break from typing, tough it out, and know that people you've never even met in real life are wishing you well. That's the sort of impression you make, Amuk.

Here's one of 'em, someone you've never met, wishing you all the best regardless.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Good luck Amuk!

I wish you all the best!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I hope if anyone is in contact with him, you let him know about this show of support and concern for him, though. People noticed, they recognized the avatar and who it belonged to, and they were concerned and wanted to know more about one of our beloved moderators. Whatever he might be going through, it might help his morale to know that so many people are pulling for him to get through this without even knowing what "this" is.

I'm sure as the situation permits that Amuk will see the members thoughts in thsi thread as well as the show-of-support-avatars.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
look at my avatar

i am with you amuk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join