It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Father of the H-bomb' dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Atomic scientist Edward Teller, widely known as the "father of the H-bomb", has died at the age of 95.
Teller played a key role in US defence and energy policies for more than half a century, championing the development of the atomic and hydrogen bombs.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I don't know how I feel about this. If he didn't think of it then someone else would have but that doesn't get him off the hook. He was a smart man and all he could create was destruction. Well I think I know how the BBC feel, check this out:

"Teller seized on the idea, and his pursuit of such a bomb won him the title "father of the H-bomb", a term he reportedly hated."

A term he hated, but the use it as the headline anyway, I find that a little contemptable.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Sounds like Teller didn't want history to regard him as the creator of one of the most infamous death dealing weapons man has yet known. Much like Alfred Nobel who succeeded in getting his name considered as something regarding peace rather than what history would have mentioned, dynamite. Teller got here too late and didn't have enough money to start any kind of organization to make himself look better. Too bad.

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
IMHO.

Teller was jealous of Oppenhiemers success.

He testified against oppie, and helped ruin his career.

new topics

join