It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France foils subway bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
France foils Catholic terrorist plan to bomb subways…Wait, that’s not it…France stops the Mormons from bombing the subway….er…That’s not it either. Was it the Scientologists? Nope. Jews? No, wasn’t them. Greek Orthodox? Nah. WAIT, I GOT IT!

France foils an ISLAMIC terror cell from blowing up the subway. Yes, that’s it!

Story here

Authorities fear that a suspected Islamic terror cell broken up in France was plotting attacks on the Paris subway, an airport and an intelligence agency's headquarters, newspapers said Tuesday.
Police arrested nine people Monday in the sweep, including an Islamic militant previously convicted on terrorism charges and freed from prison two years ago, officials said.

Le Figaro and Le Parisien newspapers said the alleged cell's suspected targets included the Metro, a Paris airport and the Paris headquarters of the Directorate for Territorial Surveillance, or DST, a police intelligence and counterterrorism agency.

DST agents launched the raid after receiving a confidential note from Algerian authorities summarizing the questioning of a suspect arrested Sept. 9 in Algiers, the Algerian capital, Le Parisien said.

The suspect, identified by the newspaper only as "M.B.," was an alleged group member who indicated that the attacks were being planned in France, the report said. His wife was among the nine arrested.

Go France. Maybe if they become a target like the rest of the world is becoming, they will start to change their tune a bit on the war on terror. First a tough stance on Iran, then this. Maybe they are coming around?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
French authorities and Algerian terrorists have been dueling for some time now. Do wake up old boy.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by uknumpty]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
French authorities and Algerian terrorists have been dueling for some time now. Do wake up old boy.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by uknumpty]

So? If they didnt stop this particular threat and lives were lost you dont think France would change its a tune a bit? Old Boy?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Go France. Maybe if they become a target like the rest of the world is becoming, they will start to change their tune a bit on the war on terror. First a tough stance on Iran, then this. Maybe they are coming around?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'change their tune' as they've been dealing with stuff like this for a while. Ever heard of the Armed Islamic Group (GIA)?

France has been a part of the war on terror for a lot longer than the US. They have continued their fight and made many arrests in the past couple of years and deported persons preaching hate.

The only thing they opposed was the war in Iraq. They are stationed in Afghanistan and are sharing intel with the US.

Some people don't have any clue about terrorism and what the rest of the world has had to deal with, like when they said 'I hope Russia wakes up' after the Beslan tragedy. lol

Europe has been dealing with this crap for a while and they are not opposed to the war on terror, just the big distraction from the war on terror known as Operation Iraqi Freedom.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It wouldn't be the first time that someone has bombed the Paris subway. I mean Carlos The Jackal bombed the subway in the early 1980s. So why can't it happen again?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah skippy the french have been fighting terror for quite a while.
BTW, gimmefootball400, are we talking about Mr robert ludlum's Carlos the Jackal are we

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

France foils Catholic terrorist plan to bomb subways…Wait, that’s not it…France stops the Mormons from bombing the subway….er…That’s not it either. Was it the Scientologists? Nope. Jews? No, wasn’t them. Greek Orthodox? Nah. WAIT, I GOT IT!

I take it that, by your sarcastic tone, you are trying to imply/reinforce the opinion that, some how, no one should be surprised that it was Islamic terrorists??

Forgive me if im wrong, but your post almost has a "i told you so" feel to it. Like you a trying to justify your own racist views on Muslims and/or the Arab world!

"Ooooooh... it was Muslims... i told you they are all evil"

Well...

Ever heard of the IRA???? Yes, that’s them, the Catholic terrorists that Americans gave so much money to!!!

Ever heard of ETA??

Ever heard of November 17 group???

My point is simple...

Every human regardless of race, religion or colour is capable of evil.

and...

Every human regardless of race, religion or colour is capable of love.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
rite on the topic brother, every human being is capable of committing acts of so called terror. And every country has ways of dealing with this so called menace.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

I'm not sure what you mean by 'change their tune' as they've been dealing with stuff like this for a while. Ever heard of the Armed Islamic Group (GIA)?

France has been a part of the war on terror for a lot longer than the US. They have continued their fight and made many arrests in the past couple of years and deported persons preaching hate.

The only thing they opposed was the war in Iraq. They are stationed in Afghanistan and are sharing intel with the US.

Some people don't have any clue about terrorism and what the rest of the world has had to deal with, like when they said 'I hope Russia wakes up' after the Beslan tragedy. lol

Europe has been dealing with this crap for a while and they are not opposed to the war on terror, just the big distraction from the war on terror known as Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Exactly, some Americans seem to think that they were the first people in the world to be "Terrorised" and they have a monopoly on it.

As it stands, you are pretty new to the game, perhaps it is the US who should "wake up" and realise that Iraq is nothing more than a distraction, or vice versa, maybe terrorism was the distraction to allow for Iraq?

The mind boggles...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef
snip

Every human regardless of race, religion or colour is capable of love.

well said, you get a vote from me this month

and kudos to france from preventing a bombing and preserving some life

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I knew every nancy boy on this board would get their panties in a bunch after reading this.

Yes, every Race and religion can be evil, but WAKE UP HERE PEOPLE! RIGHT NOW IT'S MUSLIMS THAT ARE COMMITING TERRORISM!!!

Stop justifying it by brushing it off and saying 'well, anyone could do it. Everyone isn't doing it - just the far right of Islam.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Not all terrorists are Muslim there American, remember the I.R.A??? To the Muslims though, we are considered terrorists because we are over in THEIR COUNTRY, ON THEIR SOIL, DESTROYING THEIR CULTURE, AND KILLING THEIR PEOPLE. I fear that if we don't leave them alone, their will be another terror attack, only this time it will be committed by ACTUAL Arabs.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

roll:

I knew every nancy boy on this board would get their panties in a bunch after reading this.

Yes, every Race and religion can be evil, but WAKE UP HERE PEOPLE! RIGHT NOW IT'S MUSLIMS THAT ARE COMMITING TERRORISM!!!

Stop justifying it by brushing it off and saying 'well, anyone could do it. Everyone isn't doing it - just the far right of Islam.

Thats so incorrect AMM I don't know where to begin. It all boils down to the US perception of terrorism. You get attacked once by Muslims and you think Muslims are the only ones doing it.

ETA is still active.

Elements of the IRA are still active.

Elements of the UVF are still active. Only last week a pipe bomb went off in NI and there was shootings at police and soldiers 2 weeks ago by Loyalist forces.

There are terrorist attacks going on in India right now that are by (hindu) communists, same in Nepal.

In India again, there are regular clashes and bombings between Hindus and Sikhs.

You have FARC in Columbia...they're christians you know....

And I could go on for pages about various insurgencies et al around the world, many of which have naff all to do with Islam.

Just because you subscribe to the closed minded view all too many in the US seem to love, doesn't mean that it isn't happening.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hmm I guess the IRA are terrorists. They just are quite as good at it as the Islamists...at least if you go by the body count. So I guess they are both evil, one is just much more evil than the other.

BTW there have been no terrorists acts in America since we cleaned out Iraq. Until we get hit again you can only say it was, and is a success.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

BTW there have been no terrorists acts in America since we cleaned out Iraq. Until we get hit again you can only say it was, and is a success.

Your don't seriously still believe that Iraq had something to do with 9/11 do you?
Oh deary me....

And cleaned out means what? A functioning, strong government (albeit, a pretty nasty and despotic one) and a country that had no Islamic extremists to one that is weak, chaotic and riddled with suicide bombers?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Your don't seriously still believe that Iraq had something to do with 9/11 do you?
Oh deary me....

Your right stumason... now we are learning it was the British! Now driving around Iraq packed with explosives shooting at Iraqi police.

Pretending to be our friends all this time....hmm..

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

You try your absolute hardest to come across as a big tough guy on these forums. This is just you trying to defend skippy who had his arse handed to him in a thread that he created, and of which it is obvious there was no thought put into his post before he hit the reply button. As a result, you felt compelled to leap to his defence, which was a fruitless excercise anyway, as you couldn't stand seeing "one of your own" politely ridiculed post after post.

Sorry, calling members "nancy boys" for displaying awareness of history and far more well-rounded views on terrorism (of which America is at toddler level in the experience of) just shows you to be the apologist. Fact is, you know that what the members posted in this thread is absolutely true, but attempt to justify skippy's ignorance by publically subscribing to it yourself.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Well, I was going to say something along these lines, but AceOfBase has said it already.

-koji K.

[edit on 30-9-2005 by koji_K]

D

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
stumason and cargo got my votes for WATS. Great posts and only too true.

top topics

join