It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPod Nano Facing Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Apple has admitted problems with their new iPod, the Nano.

The new music player is said to be far too fragile to withstand daily wear and tear. A batch released are vunerable to being cracked, scratched or inexplicably failing screens, sometimes within hours of buying the machine.

These new Nanos really do look the part and hopefully Apple will replace the faulty batch before I buy one!

[edit on 28-9-2005 by phixion]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
mine is working like a charm. i have even taken it to the gym, i put it in my workout gloves on the backhand part
gotta love it's size.

my only beef is how they released it without any real protection for it (i bought it the week it came out). my remedy to that has been 3 strips of scotch tape on the back and i keep it in my sony headphone's traveling leather bag. until i find a good slim case for it, that's how im protecting it

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
The new music player is said to be far too fragile to withstand daily wear and tear. A batch released are vunerable to being cracked, scratched or inexplicably failing screens, sometimes within hours of buying the machine.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by phixion]

could we get a link to the news source?

[edit on 28-9-2005 by noslenwerd]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
More Fragile than my 20GB ipod? I dunno about that, its all scratched up and the only thing I ever do with it is workout. That just means I put it in the cupholder. The screen barely works and it freezes all the time, lol.

Linkage btw:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Damn, And I thought that it would be so cool... THey should ahve tested it longer...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
NO they shouldn't, consumers shouldn't expect that adopting a product as soon as it comes out is a stupid move as they ALWAYS produce it with inferior parts. By second generation or later(wait at least 7-10 months after it first comes out)

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
HAHA The kid i hate in school just got one for $250, i hope it shatters in his face. BTW for my birthday(9/27) i got a samsung YP-T7X, and i love it to death, so if anyones looking for a good mp3, check it out. It also got an 'Excellent' reveiw on Cnet.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Because I was just reading this on arstechnica.

We placed the nano in the path of the car and drove over it with both front and rear tires. Driving over the nano produced sickening crunching noises which coincidentally sounded a lot like an LCD being crushed. After the first hit and run, the iPod's display was not cracked but was showing some nasty vertical lines. Shockingly, the nano was still playing music and the controls still operated as expected, as we were still able to skip ahead, go back, pause, and play music!

This is after sitting on it, dropping it, throwing it out the window of a speeding car, and dropping it from higher up. Survived being driven over again. What finally killed it was throwing it 40 feet in the air and letting it land on the concrete.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Why would you want to do such a thing to the pretty little baby!!

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Because I was just reading this on arstechnica.

That was quite fun to read. They really beat the crap out of it, no REALLY beat the crap out of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They based the NANO on flash technology which is proven to survive Tsunamis and such. The technology is nigh
on invinicble and I give Apple full kudos on making such a kick ass product for a change.(well all the Ipod and Itunes
stuff I really really like) They should continue in this vein and they probably will as they are switching to Intel chips
primarily to use their new ultra low powered mobile CPU they are coming out with soon. Now all Apple needs to do is
to add some sort of visual interface monical or variable transparent glasses to add in a fully portable cinematic
experience. God that would kick ass when combined with iFlicks.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What? An MP3 player getting beat up and scratched by everyday use? Say it isn't so!!![/sarcasm]

Seriously, though, they should offer a slim carrying case similar to the ones cell phones have (and of course sell it at an astronomical price!).

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If you can afford an iPod, you can afford to buy another when it breaks !

Rich buggers !

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rouschkateer
What? An MP3 player getting beat up and scratched by everyday use? Say it isn't so!!![/sarcasm]

Seriously, though, they should offer a slim carrying case similar to the ones cell phones have (and of course sell it at an astronomical price!).

A case would (almost) double the thickness of it. They should just fill it with nano-bots (look at that nano bots in an ipod nano), and make them repair it when it goes wonky.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
ha, ive had my ipod nano for a little while now and all i use it for is going to and from school on the bus and skateboarding, ive already dropped it twice and its still in tip-top shape
i guess i just got a good one

new topics

top topics

join