It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some stranger things on mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
We are programmed to think of life in relation to our size. An elephant is a huge animal. But can we imagine animals 100's of miles long, and miles wide? These could be tracks of giant worms skimming the surface. Or they could be wind blown martian rocks. Who really knows. We need people there, period. Then all these myths can turn into fact, or fiction.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Would'nt t be nice for the Mars rover and opportunity to head out to these places?? I would really like to see them go towards Cydonia!! That one looks really cool as well.

MSTKN

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes it could be cool but you know what?
We could put together an entirely new space exploration program and send new probes to those locations long before either would get anywhere (within a thousand miles that is) to any of the sites.
Remember the rovers are extremely slow and only travel a couple of meters per day

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Okay first off, metaresearch.org... hummm... meta... research, doesnt something seem, well wrong with the title? That is a good indication that the site is loaded to bursting with hardcore, Richard Hoagland style, New Age garbage.

This alien stuff on Mars topic has been beaten to death in this forum and every time I see one I feel like I'm a broken record. In the end the thread is always killed by someone opposing of alien stuff on Mars idea. The topic is gone for and the world is safe again. Or is it?....

Then the topic is back, with the exact same evidence from the previous one and basically the same stuff is debated from all the other topics, the only difference is the title. "Some stranger things on mars", stranger you say? But nothing different from what was previously debated in the last thread. See for yourself.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Okay now back to the Aliens on Mars stuff.
Someone mentioned, glass tubes on Mars, well you may want to read this:
www.badastronomy.com...

That Nefertiti looking bust image is just a grouping of dark dust. Not placed there to look like anything by aliens. Wouldn't the intense sandstorms and winds on Mars do away with those images on the surface? Heck look what they did to your precious face of Mars.

Get it?
Okay, but seriously.

Wouldn't the erosion that did that to a giant face sculpture to the extent that it looks perfectly natrual now, erode away those pictographs on the surface of Mars? Think about it. The only explination is that they are natrual. Our minds are also in tune for looking for faces so that's why we see these things.

GoldEagle

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This thread seems to be over, but I couldn't let this one slip through the net.

Originally posted by mxboy15u
We are programmed to think of life in relation to our size. An elephant is a huge animal. But can we imagine animals 100's of miles long, and miles wide? These could be tracks of giant worms skimming the surface. Or they could be wind blown martian rocks. Who really knows. We need people there, period. Then all these myths can turn into fact, or fiction.

Animals 100 miles long? What will they eat on that barren wasteland we can Mars? To keep a large animal alive even a few feet long on Mars would be quite a task. There clearly would be fossils visible form space or some evidence of their presence tangible by the rovers. Sorry but I don't buy that idea.

Also I think we shouldn't waste our money on a mission to a part of Mars that a bunch of wannabee scientists think that there are alien structures present. We know that they are natural, why should we care? If you have a hard time believing that then, who cares, just keep making these threads, gives me something to sink my teeth into.

GoldEagle

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Another of the programming that we have as humans is to see familier items in random patterns.

Its the "lying on your back and looking at the clouds" type exercise. There are no elephants / people / faces etc in the clouds we just assemble items that together make it look like that.

The same with the Face on mars, the nefertti face and Jesus in a cheese toast pictures.

No reality, no conspiracy, no hidden messages, just the random items assembled into recognised figures like star patterns.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

I don't know if you know this site, but its FULL of interesting photo's and theories:

Link

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I just posted this link as a reply to a thread but this is something that is so far out that I thought I should share it here. Here is one of my favorite photos but there are plenty to look at and enjoy. Man these are some really odd looking things.
www.metaresearch.org...

[edit on 28-9-2005 by goose]

Van Flandern's 3 part video explaining the the artifacts on mars is very impressive. If you do a search you can find it. He talks of the face of mars and how there are so many points that point to the validity of the mars face. That it has a nose, nostril, eyebrow etc. So many points of distinction that I think he states it is a 100 billion billion to one that it could be natural. At least something like that in numbers, I don't think it is the exact number like that .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join