It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some stranger things on mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I just posted this link as a reply to a thread but this is something that is so far out that I thought I should share it here. Here is one of my favorite photos but there are plenty to look at and enjoy. Man these are some really odd looking things.
www.metaresearch.org...

[edit on 28-9-2005 by goose]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok so you all knew that there were all these weird things like glass looking tube tunnels on mars? check NUMBER 22 & 23 out.
www.metaresearch.org...

[edit on 28-9-2005 by goose]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Shamelessly bumping could someone please reply and tell me what you think of these weird glass tubes on mars? For the love of God talk to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It looks like Hoagland's lies in another format. Woo hoo!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm curious why the web master chose to use images of a much poorer resolution than what we have available today. Many things, such as that face, have been shown simply to be shadows cast by a mountain and, due to the poor resolution of the camera taking the images, appeared as a face. Today, the images are much more detailed and it looks like a mountain.

I'm skeptical of anyone who uses old images when new duplicates of the exact same location are available. Makes one wonder what they're hiding...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Do they know that there are new images of the same location?

I agree that the face on mars thing is hogwash, but there are other pics like Trees on Mars that I would LOVE to see new pics of.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Couls someone please post the pics of the glass tubes picture number 22 and 23 Please. I do not know how to do it or I would and being old and not being of the computer age I am lucky to do what little I do with a computer. As a teen i thought the calculator was a great invention. LOL

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Glass tubes #23 pic

Very interesting to say the least. They do seem to have a 3D tubular appearance.

Crenulations are underground tubes: Ground fissures seem to expose a network of glassy or translucent underground tubes. The bright spot might be a specular reflection of the Sun, consistent with a glassy or plastic skin. The magnified view shows that the white lines are bands that appear to wrap completely around the tubes.

Tubes reflections #24

More tubes: The translucent and highly reflective properties of the tubes are easily seen here. Tubes are typically 20-30 meters in diameter

Tubes network #25

Tube network: The tubes appear in complex networks that involve perpendicular intersections. As unlike lava tubes as these tubes are anyway, no known type of lava flow formations could form perpendicular tubes

Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks so much, now that what I'm talking about, those things are just weird looking and could be some sort of underground tunnel system.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
or maybe its the fossila of some snakes and that what happened to all the life on Mars.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have seen people on here go gaga over a rock that is shaped funny on Mars and here we have pics of tubular structures of some sort and no one cares.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Here's a link to a similar image that was actually taken with recent optics technology. It still brings up some questions, but click on the links provided for more information.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

goose, you're not going to get a "Prophet Yahweh" response to this thread. It is nothing new, and for the most part these images have been cleared up with better resolution images, as I said. And just posted. No matter how many times you bump it up, people aren't really going to bite. It's been two days, and 58.3% of the posts, including this one, have been by you, and not in response to anything.. It's great that you're trying to discover your solar system, and I really encourage that. You have to, however, be open to the idea that what you really want to believe may have already been addressed and explained. There's a lot of weird stuff out there, stuff we can't even get close to explaining. There's also a lot of weird stuff that has one, if not multiple, explanations. This is one of those incidents. They don't display the same characteristics of lava tubes on a planet with about 5 times the atmosphere as Mars, but they could also be old riverbeds or collapsed lava tunnels. A two dimensional image taken from hundreds of miles up with camera technology from the 60s can be very deceptive.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Goose,

These pictures and this story have been done to death here on ATS. That is why no one is responding. You will need something a lot fresher and something from a real news source in order to get people here at ATS to get involved in a post.

Those tube pictures are really OLD news. Do some searches and you should find lots of old post on this subject.

The trees are certainly the most facinating pictures I've seen from mars.

Good luck on your next post.

X

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Noah's journey was one of building a ship for the great flood ......on Mars! Just maybe the real journey was from The Red Planet to Earth.

Do not ever expect an explanation of the any of the images in this thread from our governments even if they knew for a fact they are archeological sites. I mean after all why should they when 80%+ buy the religious explanations for all earths past recorded history.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Stop bumping this thread, please. It's unnecessary.

Both junglejake and Xeven hit the nail on the head as to why no one is posting.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't think justice has been done to just how old those things are. They were discovered towards the end of the 1800's and were debunked decades ago. The problem was that they were recorded as "channels" but it got translated to "canals" which sparked the whole intelligent life debate.

You're over 100 years late.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
First of all I am not sure whether I should even respond since its bumping the thread, but I will to say that I don't think we had the technology 100 years ago to view pics of Mars, seriously the pics can't be a hundred years old. Looking at the pic posted by junglejake they look pretty much the same just not as closeup. Even if they are old I still find these tube photos the most interesting pics I have seen of Mars.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I cant remember how many of these threads ive seen now and normally i just ignore them because im so sick of looking at pictures of rocks that are supposed to resemble glass towers, london buses etc...

BUT...this one photo intrigues me...

This is the only photograph of Mars or the Moon that i have actually taken a second look at...

The resemblance is amazing...Nice find!

Mic

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That Nefertiti one is truly amazing, I took a few minutes to just admire it, its so real, I struggle to thnk how it couldnt be real, those glass tubes look cool as well, I have been convinced there either was or is life on Mars and those images just strengthen it. Great site!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think they were created by these things.

Seriously if any one has any info on this pick can you let me know as i downloaded it ages ago when i first got on the internet and didn’t keep a record of where it came from. Silly me, i didn’t know.

Btw goose, an ex member lizardsamok had some great theories on all this stuff, some, which I thought, actually added up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join