It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst year for weather here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is not a thread based on many facts and figures, but mainly from observations done by myself over the year.

In my short time on earth, my fathers longer time, and my grandfathers time on earth, we basically all agree that this year has been HORRIBLE.

We are in agriculture, so we depend on good weather, and we remember the good and bad years.

But you really remember the bad years.

We have had some extremely strange weather this year. I wish I could prove some of what im about to say, but I cant.

We are currently in harvest right now, so we depend on quality days of sun and warmth in general. We just cannot get a few days in a row without rain. And its been this way for months.

This link back that claim up

Source

We have already lost thousands due to this strange rain fall. Crops are sprouting, or in some cases, under 11 inches of rain just north of me.

More info

The strange part has been how the rain falls. We will get just a little bit of rain, say a few mm's. It doesnt sound like much, but it basically ruins your harvest for that day, at least. More if you are not getting warm weather.

By the time the crops dry up, it rains again. It has been doing this since harvest first began.

We had one day where it only rained on 160 acres of our land and nowhere else around us. JUST where we were. It was surreal. You could see the wall of water basically making a perimeter around the field.

Last year it was an early frost that ruined everything, and luckily this year we avoided it. On the frost anniversary it nearly got down to the same temperatures. I believe we got down to 0 that night.

As I write this, its about -3 celcius. Not that warm at all.

I dont blame anything on global warming, but the weather patterns are sure strange for us.

Sorry for making this more of a rant than anything.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Strange...we've had very little rain in New York City this summer, it's actually been fairly nice, not overly hot.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It seems as though "global warming" has been making more rain over the warmer ocean waters. With overpopulation, the world needs more fresh water supplies, so overall I don't see it as negatively as maybe others do. In New England we have had ample rainfall this year but not excessive and in recent years there were fairly severe water restrictions which haven't been needed this year.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Another strange thing is that we started off the year too dry. Now its too wet. Its amazing how things can changed.

Ive decided id rather have a drought any day.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It is ungodly, ghastly, unbearably too freakin hot and humid in Corpus. My first summer here, so I don't know if that is normal here. Heat index runs around 110. I don't mind hot, I come from high desert country. But I hate humidity.

Overall, though, this has been a strange year for weather. Let's see what winter brings.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
When i was a kid - 30years ago - i remember how the season used to have their distinct patterns.

Dec - Feb - we would always get snow, sometimes for a few weeks.

April - we would always get heavy rain (we used to call it April showers)

May - would the first of the Warm weather that would get hotter and hotter until Early Aug.

Mid to late Sept things would be cooling and all the leaves on the trees would be starting to change colour and starting to drop.

Oct - the leaves would be almost gone.

Nov - no leaves on trees. Cold weather is the norm. Wooly hats, baked potatoes and fireworks

Now days... Well Winter is just gray gloomy and mild, cant remember the last time i see heavy snow fall.

Flowers blossom to early. No April showers. Although when it does rain it always seems to cause a flood somewhere!!

In the summer you cant spend 20 minutes in the garden without slapping on F60 sun block!!

Sept/Oct there are still GREEN leaves on all the trees.

It seems to me that the seasons no longer contain the variety they once did. Its almost like they are all blending together to form one long grey and gloomy, warm season that lasts all year!

Hmmmm... Im not going to debate what has caused the change... just pointing out that there is a change IMHO.

top topics

join