Black student suspended in hate message incident

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Black student suspended in hate message incident.

HUDSON - The note contained all the markings of a hate threat. There were two KKK's scribbled, a hangman picture, eight likenesses of swastikas, four mentions of the so-called "n-word" and a threat that "I will hang you black n-----, get out of Hudson or die."

The message was so alarming that after a black Hudson High School junior received it on Aug. 28, he contacted administrators, his mother and St. Petersburg NAACP president Darryl Rouson.

www.sptimes.com...

Confusing, huh?

So...if a black kid is sending KKK and Nazi messages, does that mean that stuff isn't racist anymore?

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
hmm, Shock Value?

Perhaps to make it look as if someone else was after this student?

I uno just some thoughts, either way that's pretty f'd up

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reminds me of the episode of the dave chapelle's show where the blind black guy thinks he is white and is part of the kkk.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
reminds me of the episode of the dave chapelle's show where the blind black guy thinks he is white and is part of the kkk.

Lol. I saw that one. Funny as hell. Divorced his whife because she was a "n-word lover'. Who knows, maybe he is just an idiot? People do some odd things.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28

That was so damn funny!!! Dave Chapelle is hilarious!

Back on topic:
I don't know if this would apply in this case since KKK and Nazi type symbols pretty much leave no room for misinterpretation but I have heard on several occasions that the "N" word, even when spoken by white supremest's, isn't just for those with black skin. In fact calling someone a "N"word has to do with their behavior and can include any race even white.

This specific case is somewhat strange though, no doubt. I'm guessing that the person they suspended either was made to confess by the guilty party threatening him, or he did do it and included those symbols to sway investigations away from himself and/or increase the fear of the person reading it. The latter being a pretty good tactic actually, as I'm sure would be effective to some degree.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
I don't know if this would apply in this case since KKK and Nazi type symbols pretty much leave no room for misinterpretation but I have heard on several occasions that the "N" word, even when spoken by white supremest's, isn't just for those with black skin. In fact calling someone a "N"word has to do with their behavior and can include any race even white.

If you apply the word to behavior instead of skin colour, it's still offensive. Behaviors have their own words to describe them.

When I asked if it was still racist even if a black kid did it, I meant that in an ironic sense. Yes, KKK and swastikas leave no room for misinterpretation, but there are people who say racist things and try to pass it off as non-racist by quoting some member of the offended minority who said the same thing.

Originally posted by mOjOmThis specific case is somewhat strange though, no doubt. I'm guessing that the person they suspended either was made to confess by the guilty party threatening him, or he did do it and included those symbols to sway investigations away from himself and/or increase the fear of the person reading it. The latter being a pretty good tactic actually, as I'm sure would be effective to some degree.

Or it may have been a kid who didn't fit in with a predominantly white school who had a problem with some black kids who did fit in.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft
Or it may have been a kid who didn't fit in with a predominantly white school who had a problem with some black kids who did fit in.

This is true. Also that would help explain the use of such racist type language and symbols being used. Although the kid who recieved the note didn't fit in, according to the article anyway.

from article:
"Hudson has eight black students out of a 1,630-student population. The 17-year-old who received the note said that he has felt threatened on several occasions at the school because of his race. He stayed out of school for three days after the most recent incident and he's trying to transfer to another school."

Either way it is impossible to avoid racism being a part of it. Racism whether black against black, white against black, or white against white, are all equally stupid. Being racist against one's own race just adds "self defeat" to stupidity, literally.

My statement earlier about the "N" word wasn't meant to imply that it wasn't a racist thing to say. I was only adding that it is also used by racist people toward any and all races without restriction, while implying the same offensive meaning.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
LOL!! You people crack me up with this "N-word" politically correct BS. I wish Chris Rock was a member of the board!

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
LOL!! You people crack me up with this "N-word" politically correct BS. I wish Chris Rock was a member of the board!

I am in total agreement with you Thomas. Which doesn't always happen I might add.

On this post my use of the "N" word was because too much effort would have to be put into explaining the non-racial usage and intent if I had used it. Some people are unable to understand why PC terms are B.S. as you've stated, so I figured I would play by their rules for the time being. Plus the meaning of this peticular word even when not meant to include race, but by definition is still considered disparaging and belittling when not fully understood that the intent was in jest.

new topics
top topics

join

ATS Live Radio Presents - The Bear Truth ***On The AIR !!! ***
read more: ATS Live Radio Presents - The Bear Truth - (SE4 EP1)