It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police laser & Radar Scramblers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Does anyone know if these types of products really work?

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Not from personal experience, but they must, since they're illegal in some states. Mine is one of them. I wanna get one! I may have someone out of state order one for me, when I get the cash. Hehehe

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If you travel a lot, I highly recommend investing in one. Mine has already paid for itself many times over. The only time mine wont pick up a radar is when Im coming over a hill...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The police in the uk are on digital now so noone can pick them up yet............

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by Fitzpatrick]

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've had a Valentine One for 2 years and it's never failed me. Highly recommended

I hear mixed things about the scramblers, I would be interested in finding out if they work as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Like anything else, you get what you pay for...some work, others don't so well....

There are many different bands of radar...and most will specialize in a few different ones for different types of radar...you'd have to know what your cops are using, to be sure you get one that works versus that radar (X, K, bands, etc.)

There is a difference between SCANNERS and JAMMERS... Scanners simply alert you to the use of radar... Jammers actually send out a different speed (and are usually more prone to being illegal) to the reader.

Of course, I'm a slowpoke, so I don't use them... I have this thing against tickets and accidents, and I don't want to experience either anymore....

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There is a difference between SCANNERS and JAMMERS

There is also a difference between SCARMBLERS and JAMMERS.

* I'm NOT talking about radar/laser detectors.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Of course, I'm a slowpoke, so I don't use them... I have this thing against tickets and accidents, and I don't want to experience either anymore....

Amen!

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"SCARMBLERS "

Sorry, just had to point it out...

new topics

top topics

join