It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone read this book?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It's an 8 dollar book, but hey that's 8 bucks I could spend on something else, was just wondering if anyone has read it and wether they thought it to be a good read or what...

This book clearly shows that America (Zion) is the land set aside by God Almighty to be the place of regathered Israel. Sermons and documents by the Founding Fathers testify to their belief that they were the Israel people of the latter days, and that the Old Testament prophecies were being fulfilled in their undertakings. It would be wise for us who are living in these last days to take a closer look at the past generations of our great nation to relearn what they knew about America's critical role in Bible prophecy.

www.artisanpublishers.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
As soon as christians start talking prophesy, all rules of reason and common sense go out the window. They're gonna say what they're gonna say, chances are it's what someone else told them to say, and nothing you say will change their opinion one iota. The more radical and extreme their conclusions, the more convinced they are they're right.

No, I havn't read this book, but I've read books like it. They tend to be pretty light reads. Something you can get through in a few hours.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
No,
I haven't read it...

But, from what I've read from history, the Founding Fathers saw America as a new Roman Republic, not a new Israel. They were following the late Enlightenment trend of re-discoverying classical concepts of beneficial government, not indulging in biblical interpretation.

If anything, the writers/thinkers they drew from -- Rousseau, Locke, Voltaire, etc. -- were anti-semitic. The world imagined in such texts as the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Federalists papers seems, to me, far removed from the world of modern-day Zionism..

Though it should be noted that the Pilgrims (that is, the Puritans who settled in New England) did, in the 17th Century, see themselves as founding a 'new Zion'.

I always wonder how Jews feel when they see rural Anglo-Saxons claiming that they have 're-founded' Zion?

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I would recomend you read early prophecies from the early Chrsitian Fathers (pre-schismatic Christian church)..

There are so many books like this that all they do is get many confused to what is truth ...
I'm guessing this book speaks of the end of times, and will confuse many about what one should do in the time that the end comes......

Prophecy is there for the benefit of the reader , and if all that these books do is confuse people to what one should do, then I would not read them at all....

I mean , it is ok to read them, but do not rely on them as being the books that will save you.......
just a thought!
helen...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I most likely wouldn't believe half of what is in that book, but then again I don't believe 75% of the stuff on the net either. I'd read it for my own amusement and to help me try and see another point of view. I just wondering if its just some rehashed info I can find in another book which is much better.

Don't worry Helen I don't need a book to save me

I just like to read books that I consider out there, even if I disagree 100% with everything it says, I suppose I am weird like that, I read all of david icke's reptilian agenda accounts, however I can't say I truly believed a single one.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I had read that there are NO prophesies for America in the bible. The inference being that either America would have ceased to exist, or be an unimportant player in events.

Although I have heard of the destruction of New York being part of Revelations.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Nope sorry i have not read the book.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have read many books , but as you said, it wont be the book that would save you!

I mean , reading is great ....especially if the book has meaning to us and we could still pick it up after a few years and it still would make sense!

Depending on what the book is about, it could benefit us alot........now and in time to come..
Chrsitians today are not how they use to be(there are a few , but unfortanetely worldly affairs has distarcted many on what being a true Christian is about)
Early Fathers spoke of things to come and today it is so true of what is happening but, many do not see it.....they just believe what their own head tells them to,they do not wish to listen to good spiritual advice, thinking that it is all foolish and out of date......many people today just want to feel good and live in a world of fanatsy just to satisfy their own reasons ......
I mean it is very hard for one to try and live according to how God wants us to, but we are not perfect and God does know that, no matter what life brings us we should always look at our own life and stop accusing others of their mistakes .....the only way to learn how to be a better person, is firstly to look at our own lives and judge only ourselves.......
Yes, the world will come to an end...when that happens, no one knows.......but that does not mean we stop being ignorant to what is beneficial for us.......if we have books that can change us to become better people and learn to forgive others of their mistakes , and maybe stop criticizing others and look at our selves, we are on the road to understanding why the world is in this mess as we know it.......
In the end , whether one is rich or poor, we all end up in the ground ........
I do believe that we are living at the end of times, and whether one thinks I'm mad or whatever, I dont care, because it is not them I have to answer to, but God.....
We are fortunate to be living in a world where we have the freedom NOW to read and learn as much as we can......because there will come a time when one will ask what needs to be done and whom do we trust in......now is that time to read as much as we can and learn as much as we can and things will start making sense in times to come......
Sorry if Im off the subject here.....
helen..

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
here we from a long distanced pray for america people and nation,but it the people in conggress or senate who ruin our prayer by using the crap and madbull of foreign policies and try to cover up by using sport spirit and industrial busy advertise,also spreads word of peace but behind it a lot of black adder,diamond back and annaconda they throw all out to the so called terrorist.and protester at around the world

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I had read that there are NO prophesies for America in the bible. The inference being that either America would have ceased to exist, or be an unimportant player in events.

Although I have heard of the destruction of New York being part of Revelations.

Hosea 11: 9�I will not execute My fierce anger; I will not destroy Ephraim again. For I am God and not man, the Holy One in your midst, And I will not come in wrath. 10�They will walk after the LORD, He will roar like a lion; Indeed He will roar And [His] sons will come trembling from the west. 11�They will come trembling like birds from Egypt And like doves from the land of Assyria; And I will settle them in their houses, declares the LORD.

Hosea 9:11 As for Ephraim, their glory will fly away like a bird-- No birth, no pregnancy and no conception!

This fits well with how USA is being called Ephraim or Egypt in prophecy....

Or how about Isaiah 11:11?
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

The last words in that quote, the islands of the sea, can be translated such as meaning the nations of the sea or the coasts of the sea. The word for sea has also many meanings. It can mean everything from sea in general, to the Red Sea or the Mediterranean sea to westwards or seaward or even west. So this perticular verse can indeed be about USA, the continent shore westwards beyond the sea

And how about this one for the WTC from the Song of Solomon:
Song of Solomon 8:8�"We have a little sister, And she has no breasts; What shall we do for our sister On the day when she is spoken for? 9�"If she is a wall, We will build on her a battlement of silver; But if she is a door, We will barricade her with planks of cedar." 10�"I was a wall, and my breasts were like towers; Then I became in his eyes as one who finds peace.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

join