It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Were In a Totalitarian Society Who Would You Be?…

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Considering the NWO will be made up of many high ranking government officials, it won't be a problem figuring out a way to get adults on their side. Look at the last American election, even though Bush has done a lot of bad things, he still managed to win. Look at Hitler, many adults supported him. When things go wrong or bad things happen like terroism, people want to blame someone. Unfortunately alot of Islamic people are suffereing as a result when they're innocent and it's a group thousands of miles away.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Well Apex, adults are just as simple.

Look at DCFusion and his post. How many people will revolt when they have children, wives, etc, too look after?

How many people will revolt when those who stand up become terrorists?

You just marginalise group after group, until you are left with those who do as you say...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I would definately be Bush!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I would definately be Bush!

A nobody?
A pawn?

Ewww...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No, the dictator himself

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What i would do would all depend on whether my body could be tracked or not, whether i had been chipped, which would only ever happen if it was forced into me.
If i was chipped, then... i honestly do not know what my plan would be. How long can you escape to freedom for if you can be located at any time? I guess i would try to cut in and rip the thing out of me if i was already chipped, but if it was impossible to get rid of, then i do not know for sure what i would do.

However, if i was not chipped, i would develop a plan escape to a secluded area, such as woods, countryside, mountains, etc. Even if it meant living from day to day, eating pine cones to survive, i would do it! Deep down i know it would be the right thing to do, and i would hate myself if i did not do it.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
What i would do would all depend on whether my body could be tracked or not, whether i had been chipped, which would only ever happen if it was forced into me.
If i was chipped, then... i honestly do not know what my plan would be. How long can you escape to freedom for if you can be located at any time? I guess i would try to cut in and rip the thing out of me if i was already chipped, but if it was impossible to get rid of, then i do not know for sure what i would do.

However, if i was not chipped, i would develop a plan escape to a secluded area, such as woods, countryside, mountains, etc. Even if it meant living from day to day, eating pine cones to survive, i would do it! Deep down i know it would be the right thing to do, and i would hate myself if i did not do it.

I totally agree. live as a hermit/wildman sort of thing. It should be a bit of a novelty and it would make a change from looking at roads and buildings. I almost wish I could now...

If it was in your hand but you couldn't get it off, and it was threatening your life, cut it off. Of course the best way is not to get chipped in the first place.

EDIT; i made a spelling mistake, immensely annoying.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by apex]

TPL

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think i'd fall into line, and try to work up into a position where i could hopefully temper the governments will but there would be times i know that i'd have to come down hard on people.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I would start a militia and fight back. It worked once in the country so maybe it could work again.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Well Apex, adults are just as simple.

Look at DCFusion and his post. How many people will revolt when they have children, wives, etc, too look after?

How many people will revolt when those who stand up become terrorists?

You just marginalise group after group, until you are left with those who do as you say...

just kill one of them and they will go berserk on you, might sound funny but it certainly isn't, once such a totalitarian regime collapses, the followers will try to jump ship, but today's databases work both ways... so does mass murder, which brings me back to the original question:

Q: what would i be?
A: dead.

hey, gotta be realistic

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I gotta say that as long as nothing to invasive was going on I'd probably just go along with it, although if it became clear that things were gonna go bad for me, or my loved ones I'd certainly go for the last stand option

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'd be Winston Smith.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I feel that history is most definitely repeating itself once again. Different names, scenes, reasons, but the same human ego. I am not a pecimist, but I do not see it getting better in my lifetime. It will have to self-destruct. So what would I do in a totalitarian state? Beat humanity to the punch and live off the land somewhere. Might be running away, might be cowardly, but once the one who preaches can't write his own damn speeches it's every man for himself. Of course, until then I will do all I can to help the people realize the powers are truly in themselves if they chose to believe so. But once the people have failed to take responsibility and government completely takes over, I am outta here. No use in being sentimental when the harsh truth is shooting bullets at you. A hermit I'll be, lonely and free!

[edit on 12-10-2005 by somajoe]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace

I too would live off the land. For too long the people have let themselves be governed by another and have not stood up strong enough. We are all in this together but I will not die because of the masses' ignorance.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by somajoe]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Resistance of coarse anway I can start a rebellion I'll do

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
what do you me, if?

the dream police, they are inside of my head. -cheap trick
who are the brain police? -frank zappa

everything is an advertisement. -billybob

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
i would be :

theo rapalynt

a cookie to anyone who knows why

but seriously if i was some one else , who would be me ????????????

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What would I be when the new world order hits my door step...
Well, first of all, I'm thinking of preventing that from ever happening
(officially anyways) because I want to bring it up, not the illuminati. Second of all, if it ever DOES occur, I want to have a position of power. Anyways. Here's my theory on HOW the REAL New world Order IS being created like. This is a very good strategy, even my collegues agree. Civil war. Think about it. Feed people poisoned food/water. Give them daily propaganda so that they don't know fact from fiction. Make them angry by playing with the way people "should" act like, dictated by the media, of course. This is the way we act, i.e. sexual immorality (teen sexuality being one of those things that are considered okay. I'm 18 by the way. The Canadian government set the legal sex age at 14, permiting adults to have sex with 14 year old, HA! I Read this in the Gazette (Montreal).), we then have increasing violence, mental stress brought by conditioning of people to make people feel bad for whatever they do as a way of control (making people sleep with you as an example, getting people to loan you money, etc.) Anyways, I could go on but that would include all you guys just falling asleep at the keyboard, so I'll be brief. Suicide rates are increasing, depression is felt by everyone on a regular basis, even those "happy" people, don't deny it now. People are becoming angry, VERY angry, especially when you have fun chemicals added to your foods like MSG, then you have substances like Fluoride in water which, apart from being good for your teeth, are a good source for cancer, alhzeimer, strokes, etc. I know you want sources, just google fluoride water or MSG. The whole feeling of the government and everyone out wanting to get you, it'll seriously turn into riots, civil wars, organized by people who want a better world, one in which we can live in harmony. All beautiful goals, now, my theory, if the overthrow of all governments occurs, who is going to pull the strings, of BOTH sides (rebels and governmentals)????? New world order doesn't have to come through the world's governments, it can come from their people. think about it. And I wanna be the leader of this, MUHAHAHAHA.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What you're asking is, would I prefer to live on my knees, live contrary to my beliefs, values and code, or die on my feet with dignity as a man should.

I pity the wretched creatures who believe the reason for living is so that they may take yet another breath.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
yes, radekus. yes, thomas.

p.s. typo in my post, too late to edit, but, first line is, "what do you mean, if"?, not, "what do you me, if"?

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join