It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please help me understand Indigo's purpose!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
oh yeah, I forgot to add my own affirmation. Like the others said, all you have to do is be yourself.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacesounds

You are a moderator, and you are making comments like this in threads like this?

Why is my being a moderator relevant here?? Others are blandly stating that the indigo are real and offering nothing to support it, I merely comment that they are infact not real and that none of the stuff being talked about is real, and that therefore you can't really be helped in understanding it, since its all b/s anyway.

Don't worry though, we believe you. And we're going to stop all this nonsense right now.

I couldn't care less if you or anyone else beleives me or not, and I really wouldn't expect anyone that did beleive in these indigo children existing or in this hyperdimensional frequency shift to 'change their mind' based on my statement. What would've been nice would've been for someone to say 'oh no, they do exist, here is some evidence for their existence, here is some evidence for hyperdimensional shifts and what they mean for man, here is the basic logic of the arguement' or even 'while the evidence is scanty, check out this and this and this intersting page about them that lays out the rational rather well'. Not, 'meanie! waa! you're mean! Waa! My preconceived notions are valid! Waa! I need to have reinforcement from other people who are like minded and can't deal with light criticism! Waa! Waa!"

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What would've been nice would've been for someone to say 'oh no, they do exist, here is some evidence for their existence, here is some evidence for hyperdimensional shifts and what they mean for man, here is the basic logic of the arguement' or even 'while the evidence is scanty, check out this and this and this intersting page about them that lays out the rational rather well'.

You did nothing of the like...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The simple fact that you dont believe, mr moderator, means that indigo children dont exist TO YOU. I find it funny how you can say "Indigo children do not exist", you are simply stating your belief.. You dont know anything, your world is made upon your beliefs, and this is the same for everyone. The only thing we DO know is that we are alive, so everything else is pretty much a waste of time to argue over.

I have my own proof for my beliefs, and i couldnt care less about other beliefs that conflict with mine because it is not relevant. Ascention is to be enlightened, you think all those buddhists and monks do all their meditating for nothing?

Please, dont critisize what you dont understand, It just makes a simple thing complex and helps people scoff, which I thought was not wanted on these boards.
Pete

[edit on 30-9-2005 by woodsyboy]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Calm down now children. Nygdan isn't enlightened. It's not his fault. I recommend the Personal Harmonizer for him. Only $210.00. And each one comes with a Light Life Ring.

Caveat emptor.

While you're at it, read the interview with Indigo Child guru extraordinaire Drunvalo Melchizedek.

Drunvalo: I think the Earth has entered into the fourth dimension, and we are now weaning ourselves off of the third. A lot of the new children coming in are realizing that we are actually in the fourth, and they are doing fourth dimensional things like putting hands through walls, or retrieving pills out of a sealed bottle etc.. And it’s not just children-there are scientists coming in that are demonstrating this-like the one up in Canada. The scientists are all studying him, because he has all these black boxes that do all these amazing things, but when they look inside there are no electronics with wires and crystals- there are no computer chips. It is old pieces of salami and broccoli and hot dogs and stuff like that. Also you can talk to Slim Spurling about the guy who said he’s going to make a free energy machine: he took a coat hanger and said "this is a free energy machine", connected his house to the coat hanger and his house lights up. And it’s just a coat hanger. That is because if you give it power- if you believe it, that’s what happens. I hear from the government how concerned they are about this, because obviously, it could get really crazy when people understand how powerful human thought and emotions are.

...and people scoff...

[edit to fix link]

[edit on 9/30/2005 by yeahright]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
You did nothing of the like...

How precisely am I supposed to present an arguement against their existence and against this dimensional shift? Neither terms are even clearly or sensibly defined amoung the advocates of the existence of the indigo children, there's a lot of hand waving. Present a good, solid arguement for the existence of either and I'll happily be convinced.

woodsyboy
I find it funny how you can say "Indigo children do not exist", you are simply stating your belief

Please explain how I am doing anything less sensible than the people who are merely stating their beleif that they do exist. And recall that the more specific subject of this thread is to help one member understand then indigo children idea; how can that be done if the people who 'beleive' thta they exist can't even support that beleif???

i couldnt care less about other beliefs that conflict with mine

Well good for you, you're parochial and close-minded, wonderful accomplishment.

dont critisize what you dont understand,

If anything I am critisizing something that its advocates don't even understand. And lets be clear that I wasn't originally being critical of it, I was noting, with equal 'proofs and evidences', (namely....none!) that they don't exist, and thus you can't get a more thorough explanation about them.

which I thought was not wanted on these boards.

Whats not wanted is the ignorant acceptance of unsupported ideas, which is what blindly accepting the existence of the indigo children is.

Yeahright, those pages are priceless. Personal enlightenment, in an attractive portable form. Sweet.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsyboy
Ascention is to be enlightened, you think all those buddhists and monks do all their meditating for nothing?

You did not define ascention, you just gave me a synonim for it.

My definition of enlightenment is to be without, or disidentified with the egos. If that is not your definition, please make me aware of it.

Indigos are not enlightened. They must, like most other humans, dissolve the ego for any real change to come about.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Nygdan, the reason I called you out is because you are a moderator and I expect moderators to be good at moderating. That means knowing the rules and enforcing them. What you did seems against the rules to me. Instigation, to be more precise.

Unless you are willing to find truth for yourself, you are not going to get legitamate "proof" from any others, especially here in paranormal studies. That's an OBVIOUS. Nobody here is trying to convince YOU! We are having a discussion amongst ourselves.

If you wanted to debate the truth of "indigos" then why didn't you just make a new thread with that as topic? You took the thread completely off topic with your non-justified pokes.

If you do make a thread debating the existence of "indigos" then I will be glad to speak, despite the wealth of information already existing here. I will tell you now though, in the end it will all come down to whether or not you want to accept something. It's the same for so many of the topics here. Telephathy, precognative dreams, astral travel, etc. You just have to experience it yourself.

[edit on 3-10-2005 by spacesounds]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Nygdan, the reason I called you out is because you are a moderator and I expect moderators to be good at moderating. That means knowing the rules and enforcing them. What you did seems against the rules to me. Instigation, to be more precise.

I fail to see how Nygdan has broken any rules or circumvented the T&C in any way. An opinion, even if it is counter to those which you adhere to, is equally valid whether or not it comes from a Moderator. From what I saw, Nygdan was addressing the topic by stating that, far from possessing some cosmic purpose, Indigo Children had no purpose because they themselves do not exist. Naturally, if this runs contrary to your own beliefs, you may see it as instigation.

If you wanted to debate the truth of "indigos" then why didn't you just make a new thread with that as topic? You took the thread completely off topic with your non-justified pokes.

It is impossible to discuss the perceived purpose of Indigo Children without commenting on the validity of their existence. The reason for this is simply due to the fact that, if they do not exist, then they have no purpose and people are merely deluding themselves. I personally feel that the concept of Indigo Children is an effort by predominantly New Age parents to reclassify children who may suffer from a range of socio-behavioural conditions. I outline my reasons for this over on this thread and will not bore people by repeating them here. Suffice to say that if Indigo Children are not a new step in human spiritual development or the harbingers of a new shift in consciousness but are, rather, children suffering from established and recognised conditions, then they have no purpose and that is a valid issue that seems appropriate to discuss given the topic of this thread, in my opinion.

[edit on 4/10/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I believe the so called concept was created to spread to the masses by encorporating "signs and symptoms" that basically anyone can fit.

Its a big joke in other words.

This coming from someone that fits the signs !

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Go Indi .
hahahaha

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I wasn't instigating anything, I was presenting my viewpoints on the matter in such a way as to conform to the topic of the discussion, merely because my thoughts on this subject are so different from yours hardly means that I am instigating anything.

Nobody here is trying to convince YOU! We are having a discussion amongst ourselves.

Actually, the people who have a good argument for their position are able to present that arguement and defend it. Even if I don't in the end agree with their conclusions they can at least do that.

You took the thread completely off topic with your non-justified pokes.

The subject of the thread was to help one particular person understand the indigos, what they are supposed to do, and how they're supposed to do it. Its pretty silly to go off talking about those things when its entirely possible, and indeed extremely probable, that the indigos do not infact exist and neither does the 'shift' problem that they are supposed to mystically and magically overcome. Indeed, I hesitated posting in this thread at all, but where is the sense in a bunch of people, who can't even reasonably talk about if the indigo's exist, and who can't rationally explain that they exist, to all of a sudden jump beyond those kinds of questions and try to explain how they are to go about their 'mission'? The answer is that there is none, if the indigos can't be discussed rationally from the start, then any further elaboration upon them is utterly irrational and senseless. One person will have their own private and literally inexplicable ideas about the indigos, and another will have an entirely different set of ideas, and they're both not going to have any real way to present that elaboration about how the indigos will act, let alone sensibly compare and contrast their different ideas and come up with a rational explanation for the original poster.

While, for example, a discussion about how car engines work would be fruitful without an opening discussion of the existance of car engines, thats only because we all have the same rational experience with car engines, and thus ideas about how a car engine works are rational, ie communicable, whereas everyone here has their own private irrational ideas about what indigos are in the first place, and therefore a discussion about how they are supposed to work needs to at least get some sort of framework about them. That frame work might as well be that they don't, in fact, exist in the first place, and that there is no explanation for how they work, because they won't work.

ER, and what precisely are you ciriticing me for?
You

In a topic called "Indigo Children is a Satanic Conspiracy" it is pretty down to the point to say that Satan doesn't even exist. And hopefully it's already been proven that Indigos are not evil.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hello,

It doesn't matter if some people actually do not believe in indigos. In fact, i myself don't like to be categorized indigo, i just know i became special or different from other people.

Being like i am now is a fantastic "gift" for me. I know that fortunatelly i'm am not alone and there are so much other fantastic people in this world. But we are a minority compared to all the negative things on this planet. Hopefully, this is changing slowly. Some people are changing naturally, like i did. They will become aware of the true values of life. And it is essential for us to help those who have not (or not yet) shifted their mind to this positive way.

This planet can become a world of love and harmony. It has to. When i discuss with some people, most of them tell me it is a utopia. I say no and try to explain them that WE can change the world. Gandhi said "We must be the change we wish to see in the world".

It will take time, but let's do it right now, together. Making a smile to someone you meet. Helping humanitarian associations. Just a few examples. Every good thing you spread around you is a step forward. We can all be "indigos".

Sincerely,
Musclor

[edit on 4/10/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Do I really have to clarify...............

Nygdan, this is what you posted:

Originally posted by Nygdan
Indigo children won't be involved in the interdimensional frequency shift because:

1. There are no indigo children
  2. This is no interdimensional frequency shift

I assume ad hominem arguments are against the ATS rules, as well as off-topic replies.

It's a much different situation than when we were debating satan in that other thread. Firstly, the other thread was simply a conjecture, a proposal in topic. To debate was on topic, it was invitational. This thread was not meant to be similar in topic or purpose. Additionally, when I claimed in the other thread that satan doesn't exist, I gave my reasons and explanations. I declared, anything outside the church's doctrine is labelled "satan." Especially since it was a debate thread. A different matter completely.

Here you just came in and stated an opinion, but there was no reason behind your argument. If you wanted to debate, you should have said "well why don't we debate the existence of indigo children, and let's debate the interdimensional shift too...here's what i think:" (would have worked best to start a new thread too) instead of doing this: "I have no experience with these things, so in my closed-mindedness I will say they don't exist, and disrupt a thread that doesn't concern me..."

If you want to debate the existence/validity of the indigo phenomena and perhaps the "interdimensional shift," start a new thread(s) and I'll be happy to involve myself...

[edit on 4-10-2005 by spacesounds]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I assume ad hominem arguments are against the ATS rules, as well as off-topic replies.

The statement was neither.

Here you just came in and stated an opinion

And what has anyone else here done?????

If you wanted to debate

Crazy me, I wasn't looking for a debate, I was looking to have a discussion about the topic, rather than saying nothing or not participating because i don't have the same beleifs and viewpoints as other people.
Bad nygdan bad!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The guy wanted to hear indigo's purpose, from people who know what that is.

I'm just going to drop this now..

I will soon make a thread so we can clearly discuss indigo theory/phenomena. Just not right now, pretty tired...

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
for all those who think who are ''special''

''EVERY MAN AND WOMEN IS A STAR''
-A. Crowley

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
" I have said ye are Gods, all of you are children of the most high.” Psalms, Ch. 82, Verse 6

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I have read all of the Indigo claims about how to know if your one. Also I know what they are supposed to do (Change frequency, Guide to next deminsion, etc...) My question is how are they supposed to do this? Is it indirect or direct action they are taking? Is it something that will reveal itself later?

If there are any indigos out there, please tell me your understanding of indigo claims.

This is all hoax of coartists! Indigos are nobody, they are not capable of anything. If you are not telepathic, you can't do anything with your mind. It's as simple as that. People tend to think that indigos are better than others .But they cannot prove anything to be special among others. Is that clear?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by istvan1
This is all hoax of coartists! Indigos are nobody, they are not capable of anything. If you are not telepathic, you can't do anything with your mind. It's as simple as that. People tend to think that indigos are better than others .But they cannot prove anything to be special among others. Is that clear?

You've convinced me
, good research too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join