It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government blew up the levee.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't have much info on this, but I ran to the bank at break time, and was listening to 520 am station. He stated that a mayor (don't remember the name) claimed that there was a crater under the Louisiana Levee leaning towards your gov blew it up.

Has anyone heard of this? if so please post links.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here's a link.

"I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry," Farrakhan said.

www.wcnc.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
u must be listening to a station that plays old news or events.
but seriously its been goin on for a while on discussions for this conspiracy so this thread may be closing right about now......(still waiting).....

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hmm old new darn thought it was new. My bad. Next time I will search harder

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I spoke to a friend who works for HLS in NOLA. He said that FEMA blew the levee. They were trying to do a controlled breach to help relieve the stress on the levees. FEMA didn't know what they were doing and botched it. Instead of a controlled flow, they ended up with a flash flood.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I am sure they knew entirely what they were trying to do.

Create a crisis, then implement a solution!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
I spoke to a friend who works for HLS in NOLA. He said that FEMA blew the levee. They were trying to do a controlled breach to help relieve the stress on the levees. FEMA didn't know what they were doing and botched it. Instead of a controlled flow, they ended up with a flash flood.

If you have thousands of tons of force on a levee, would a controlled breach really have any tangible effect? The idea would be to have a controlled flood to drop the level of water behind the levee and reduce pressure, but would a controlled water drain really have that effect?

So in a CAT-5 hurricane, FEMA was out there planting explosives to blow up a levee... it sounds possible, but it seems like things just aren't adding up here.

We need to talk to someone who has experience in the explosives fields, preferrably with some millitary experience, who might know more about doing something like this.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Toxic Fox]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
`

yes, i heard that blurb, or a similar allegation, on another 'information news' program....

i heard that mayor Nagin of New Orleans was the originator of that
data...and that the Esteemed Louis Farakan was the person which revealed mayor Nagin as his source....
And that is why L.F. ran with in his rants against the govt & the plantation mentality of NOLA....as he was convinced that the mayor had told him solid facts....and not conspiracy fabrications !)

for a saner, more qualified and approximate (& as yet unconfirmed) cause of the levee~breach/flooding.....see this article;
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Needless to say, I trust Louis Farakan about as much as the psychic hotline people.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If there is a crater where are the pictures??

Thats all I'm saying...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
No, the levees and containment walls were not blown up. If they had been, it would have happend during the height of the storm not after the winds diminished. One breech was the result of water funneled into a canal finding the lowest and weekest spot. The other three where caused by headwaters being pumped against the southward surge of the lake pushed into the 2 canals. This happened after HK moved north and put winds from the North on Lake Ponchetrain. In all these cases once water started over these concrete containment walls the earthen berms washed out and breeched. These concrete walls are built on steel pile driven into the soft sandy-clay soil.

Hydrotechnics not Pyrotechnics!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxic Fox
Needless to say, I trust Louis Farakan about as much as the psychic hotline people.

"We need a new black leader. Louis Farrakhan hatres the Jews. I don't have time to discriminate, I just hate all white people!" - Chris Rock.

I'd say I trust Louis even less than you do! Him and Paulin Hanson would make the perfect couple, if they were blind, their views coincide perfectly on so many issues, especially ignorance...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
There have always been plans in the New Orleans play book to blow levees to save the city.

THey have said this hundreds of countles times on the news. Before Katrinia hit there were back hoes on top of some levees near my house. They were there just incase they needed to save the city from flood.

Its not new this plan has been in the books seince the 50's.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So, what happened with the plans?

Didn't work, unless you count adding to the destruction as the plan...

I talked to 2 people from Louisiana, a guy who went to New Orleans that weekend on business and a Marine from New Orleans. They BOTH said that they, and other people, believed that someone blew up the levees. The Marine said that FEMA did it; the other dude said he and other people heard explosions before it broke.

Interesting stuff, eh?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae
I am sure they knew entirely what they were trying to do.

Create a crisis, then implement a solution!

Actually, it's become quite clear that they didn't do what they "may have" intended to do...

They forgot the second part of your suggestion.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Jammer - I think the "solution" he meant was police state, crackdown. That's in fact what happened. (i.e. guns confiscated, people forcefully relocated, some to what some might even call concentration-type camps (i.e. read ValHall's thread).

Check out the website known as Cutting Edge on the web on weather wars and FEMA, and the NWO, how and why.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hey guys not everything is a conspiray by the gov.Why in the world would the gov try to get rid of the blacks?Some of the people on this site are too parinoid

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
That's what I'm saying, people are way too paranoid. Our government is not out to get us.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
Jammer - I think the "solution" he meant was police state, crackdown. That's in fact what happened. (i.e. guns confiscated, people forcefully relocated, some to what some might even call concentration-type camps (i.e. read ValHall's thread).

Check out the website known as Cutting Edge on the web on weather wars and FEMA, and the NWO, how and why.

Yeah, I got that. My post was a poor attempt at humor with respect to the bungled response by FEMA and other government agencies.

As for being too paranoid, one only need look at history to see that there are powerful elite "ruling" people in the world who have an agenda that is far different from the "average joe." Is the "government" out to get us? Of course not. But there are factions (e.g. illuminati) who have infiltrated various strategic governments of the world, the press, and have done this through the mega-corporations they control.
It would be naive of us to believe these people do not exist when history shows us that they do and have since the beginning.

Now, as to weather (pun intended) or not this levee breach was created through explosives, the response of our federal government clearly showed us that the current administration is mostly about lip-service. Florida got hit 4 times last year and we never had problems like these within FEMA. Why? It was an election year. The "average joe's" mind is easily influenced by media and elections can be bought or stolen (e.g. last TWO elections) so the Bush administration is probably lax in this "inbetween" period.

Was the whole debacle a conspiracy? I highly doubt it. There is plenty of incompetence in our current administration for this to have occurred the way it did.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I agree that the "ruling" class makes many of our decisions for us.My point is I believe the government does not tell us everything like they should.On this site there are lagitimate coverups and things that American citizens should be very concerned about.That is the reason I am on this site every day.I also think that people should use some common sense and not believe everything they read.If the government is pulling off all of the stuff I read on this site it is amazing they have time to do anything else.One thing to remember is that alot of people would do anything to have their 15 min. of fame

top topics

<<   2 >>

join