It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOL Sounds..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hey Everyone,

When i sign on or off AOL i dont hear the hello,you have mail, or goodbye sound anymore. So i get technical help and he tells me what to do step by step but the problem is still there. He told me to enable sound, then check in the control panal for the aol sounds to enable them but when i try that i get an error message that i posted below. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks guys really appreciate it and thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Do you have the cd for your sound card, or any information on it?

The solution I'm thinking of, is to uninstall all instances of your sound card and reinstall the drivers. It just sounds like you have a hardware driver conflict.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not that i know of.. its a dell dimension 3000 it doesnt say anything about the sound card..

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Right click the "My Computer"
Select Properties
The select Hardware Tab
Click the Device Manager button
See if there are any yellow warn or red Stop signs being displayed.
If there are, try to re-run the setup from Dell to repair the issue.
The major problem with the information that you have given is that the dell dimension 3000 has so many configuration upgrades available for it that it is hard to determine what the exact cause would be without info on the soundcard.
Have you checked Dell's web site for assist? they have a tool that will run on your system to determine what you have installed (hardware) and then you can install the various updated drivers (if available) They will also list the most common issues with this system and they may have a solution readily available

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Nope no yellow or red signs near anything. But ill check dell and see what they have to say.. thanks alot guys for the help its not that big of a deal its just sounds heh. Thanks again and best regards.

new topics

top topics

join