It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My brother and I want to start a country.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It can be done...

The Principality Of Sealand

The history of Sealand is a story of a struggle for liberty. Sealand was founded on the principle that any group of people dissatisfied with the oppressive laws and restrictions of existing nation states may declare independence in any place not claimed to be under the jurisdiction of another sovereign entity. The location chosen was Roughs Tower, an island fortress created in World War II by Britain and subsequently abandoned to the jurisdiction of the High Seas. The independence of Sealand was upheld in a 1968 British court decision where the judge held that Roughs Tower stood in international waters and did not fall under the legal jurisdiction of the United Kingdom. This gave birth to Sealand's national motto of E Mare Libertas, or "From the Sea, Freedom".

You'd have no chance of doing it from within a country though.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by templersstorms1312
2. It is our constitutional right and duty to make some changes when we as individuals feel that our country is doing things wrong.

It may be your constitutional right and duty to do so, but do you wish to clarify which section of the Constitution that stipulates such?
As far as I am concerned, about as far as your constitutional right and duty in your (we) feeling that the country is doing things wrong or is being governed wrong is to vote those out who are doing the wrong. Furthermore, creating a country within another country is not within such a constitutional right and duty. The goal would be to remove the governing force or overthrow the government.

3. We are taking matters into our own hands.

Care to explain this, as well?
Cause again, I think that the only available avenue to you (we) is three things:
Vote out/in
Overthrow not create
Perhaps consider calling your backyard a country.

seekerof

[edit on 27-9-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ever see the Family Guy where Peter finds out his property isnt part of the US and forms his own country?

Just dont invade your neighbors backyard and annex the pool!

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ever see the Family Guy where Peter finds out his property isnt part of the US and forms his own country?

"Hey Castro quit running around the pool"

The great nation of petoria

My favorite episode

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ok, heres my bit of advice. Do not start a new country anywhere near a hurricane strike zone. A 30 mile country could be washed away in a day

Also as far as a name.. Xandervania is a cool one. But if you name it that, you must erect a statue of me somewhere in the country

jra

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
"My brother and I want to start a country"

Heh... All I can say is, good luck with that. I think your chances of forming your own Country are slim to none. You've been rather vague on details as well.

It would consist of mostly scientists, war statagists, and their families.

Scientists and war stratagists? A bit of an odd combo. Do you know a bunch of scientists and stratigists? If not, how are you going to get them to join your little Country? What would modivate them to Move from the US, where they probably have a good paying job, to some little 30 mile square Country created by two brothers. What would they do? Do you have the money needed to pay them? Can you pay them more than what they would earn at there previous job?

1. Well we believe that the human race as a whole has failed and will meet their demise soon.

How as the human race failed in your opinion? What makes you feel you can do a better job?

2. It is our constitutional right and duty to make some changes when we as individuals feel that our country is doing things wrong. 3. We are taking matters into our own hands.

Why not try and form some sort of political party/group/movement to try to make some changes? It would probably be a lot easier (Easier than making your own Country that is)

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, the thread was moved, that sux.

Okay, I am currently thinking of some names, Genesis is at the top right now for me.

Family guy, yes i saw it, and tivo let me see it again.

I like option 4. this goes along with our plan a.
In the year 2024 my brother runs for presidency of the united states of America. All of the people who will live there for the military bunch of us will move to the selected area. Then my brother(the president) will announce me as the new head of the militaries top secret research and all that jazz. He then declares th area that we all moved to a military area and it is restricted to the public. A government base is set up to do top secret research, which I will know all of. Then before his term is up the rest of the scientists move there for research. Now all who will not end up in our country are moved to a different base somewhere else. We then at this point declare our independence. the U.S. doesn't take kindly to that, so they try to attack us. My brother declares us free and orders the military not to attack us and signs peace treaties. Before he is kicked out of office he resines and joins us.

The following is from:
members.tripod.com...

If a state or region wanted to secede, that would be the public sovereignty or democratic decision. The will of the people should be respected.

Furthermore, there is nothing in the Constitution preventing states from seceding - so a Constitutional Amendment should not be necessary. According to the Tenth Amendment, all non-specified rights belong to the states.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The scientists and statigists will start off being people I know. it will then grow into their friends, and hopefully it will become a place for people who wish to complete their dreams.

The 3 main focuses of our reseach will be
1. making super advanced weapons to flaunt around,
2. cures to things like AIDS and cancer(this will gain us leverage when the U.S. boycotts us. "We won't help you people of Genesis"says america. "Well world, america won't help us and we have a cure for cancer, but none will recieve it until they comply" says us)
3. creating space travel(this is a very important goal. We don't think we stand more than ten or so years in our country before america decides it's worth the risk. We plan on moving all of us to Mars and claiming it as our own, the whole thing.

I feel that the human race has failed in the sense that it is just turning into complete and ubergreed, with a side of prostitution and pollution, and this planet will very soon be as worthless to life as mercury.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i thought u say u making yer own country not having yer bro run for the U.S. of A. unless u mean to copy the U.S. of A.s name.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No. He is elected president to protect and supply our new country, because he will have control of the military then he quits and joins us.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
heres a clever thought:

How about instead of space travel you explore and fund time travel, Once you get that figured out simply go back in time to when you started making time travel and tell the past you and scientists how to do it this way you waist no time.

Next go back in time over 1000 years to western africa, bring lots and lots of salt, at this time 1lb of salt trades for 1lb. of gold, bring the gold back to our timeframe where you will then have enough money to establish and purchase rival countries.

Go back in time once more to play the markets, spend you time on stocks that take huge upward splits make Billions of dollars convert it to gold or a precious metal and bring it to the future.

Also go back in time to ancient rome (perferably) or colonial american and get lots and lots of slaves, either this or get slaves from cloning worthless people.

Anyway thats what I would do.
By the way I want to be embassitor to the Bahamas.
Dont name the country Genisis, It has religious contentations, name it yozimacha. Thats would be awsome

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'll gladly sign a treaty with the people of Genesis. However I have a few stipulations:

First you cannot fly over my house. You might be spies.
Second any goods going into or out of your nation will be tariffed.
Third we will not provide foreign aid, electricity, water, telephone, or cable television without a trade agreement.

Are you sure you want to do this?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
We most definately do want to do this. It will be a while seeing how I am still a minor though.

And I am sure that time travel is already being investigated by me in the future and now so don't worry about that.

The is still in constuction and any suggestions are welcome, aside from any teletubby name.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well if youre brother is going to run for president of the US I hope he has a lot of money and knows how to appeal to the public. Secondly any state that you say is soveirgn will have to be approved considering it is in the US territory. This would be deemed unconstitutional and you would probably fail. The whole idea of starting a country within the most powerful country in the world isnt really the smartest idea...no offense.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Here let me help you out. I think this is the better way. When you graduate High School and move on to College form your own 'secret society'. Call it the ummm... PANC (Project for a New Country). Play it so right, so good, that you and all your buddies find ways into, politics and mass media. From there, instead of creating a whole new country. You could just change the one that you now hold powerful positions in.

In theory it works great.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join