It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Superman Returns' tops list of most expensive movies ever made!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Doubt if I see this one at the theaters, but in looking at the link about the cast, I noticed Noel Neill has a bit role. She was one of the actresses that played Lois Lane in the Superman TV series with George Reeves. Phyllis Coates was Lois in the first season. (Actually Phyllis played Lois's mom in an episode of "Lois and Clark")

Speaking of George Reeves, it might be timely for a conspiracy thread about his death. The official story was suicide. The urban legend was he thought he really was Superman and that caused his death. My opinion - mob whack.

Here's one good link- George Reeves - Suicide or Murder?

Just throwin' it out there.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

New Superman Returns posters.

Find this and a couple other posters at www.todoimax.com.ar

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here is another TV spot

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I saw the trailer at Mission Impossible 3 this weekend. I'm thouroughly pumped!

Peace

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think the biggest complaint I've heard has been about the costume.
I'm not a fan of the costume either but a good movie is a good movie. The costume is not a factor. I'm looking forward to this movie. I'm going to try and watch it opening night.
Kevin Spacey is awesome as Lex. He may just steal the show

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Soups has a myspace page now.

www.myspace.com...

It seems like all the new movies are doing this now.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Any one see this yesterday? Any "spoiler-less" reviews?
A local critic said that this movie deserves an Oscar nomination for best picture

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Kevin Spacey was amazing.

Kate Bosworth was ok.

And our new favorite superhero was pretty darn good too!

If you haven't seen it yet, pay close attention to his portrayals of Clark at the Planet. It's CREEPY how much he looks and sounds like Chris Reeve. CREEPY!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Does anyone know why or how it was the most expensive movie made. From what I've seen It does'nt look that budget pushing. Still it looks good.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I know that the f/x budget alone on "Superman Returns" is said to be $100 million.

www.imdb.com reports the budget was an estimated $260,000,000.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
A local critic said that this movie deserves an Oscar nomination for best picture

All the reviews I've seen are 3 1/2 to 4 stars. Singer must have done something right.
I'm going to see it this weekend. Can't wait!!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
wahaha! just kidding with the Subject. :w:

Superman Returns kicks ass. I've seen it with a friend during the 2nd day of it's showing here in our country. The story really opened up many possibilities to the next movies of the trilogy(like the future "Superboy" hint...sorry can't wait to tell you coz im so excited about this movie ).

Well, just watch and you'll know what I am telling you about. RoK oN!! \m/_

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Looks like superman couldnt live up to the hype. Its a mediocre film, with a mediocre plot and mediocre effects. Guess the 300 million budget wasnt a good idea after all. It definatly wasnt a good move for him to abandon Xmen for this

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Does anyone know why or how it was the most expensive movie made. From what I've seen It does'nt look that budget pushing. Still it looks good.

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Originally posted by brimstone735
Around 200 million dollars was already sunk into the budget before Bryan Singer was even hired. Preproduction costs and play or pay contracts for aborted productions. Plus, hiring an army of script doctors who each command $250,000 a week for their services, and 200 million dollars goes pretty fast.

(emphasis mine)

Yeah, especially when some idiot hires Tim Burton to direct it.

Burton spent millions doing drawings and concepts for things such as Brainiac's Skull ship. Then got bored and quit. Cage laughed all the way to the bank with a salary for a movie that never got made.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join