It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Superman Returns' tops list of most expensive movies ever made!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just went through all 22 chapters of the video blog.

All doubts I've had about this movie are now gone.

The video blog is totally something that will end up being on the DVD. I am now really looking forward to watching this movie in the theater.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I just went through all 22 chapters of the video blog.

Watched it as well. This movie is going to rock!

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here are some new pictures from justjared.blogspot.com.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

www.darkhorizons.com

There's always great cinematic urban legends that swirl around in regards to actor vanities and more especially, male endowments. Last year saw Colin Farrell get in a hub-bub over his cut scene from "A Home at the End of the World", this year came issues of Ioan Gruffudd's package in "Fantastic Four", and now next year's "Superman Returns" has gotten its own trash tale.

UK tabloid The Sun reports that the size of 26-year-old Brandon Routh's bulge in the superhero's skintight costume could be distracting enough that the studio has ordered the makers to cover it up with digital effects. Their source says "It's a major issue for the studio. Brandon is extremely well endowed and they don't want it up on the big screen. We may be forced to erase his package with digital effects".

Speaking with the costume designers earlier this year, they told us that whilst the bulge indeed was the most complicated issue in terms of the costuming, they worked out a practical solution involving a codpiece and special padding which ultimately negates the issue. Thus any stories of costly digital manipulation are as fake as those CG-enhanced Kevin Costner hair in "Waterworld" urban legends.

Sorry ladies, you won’t be seeing the Superbulge in the movie

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
ohhhh I LOVE Kevin Spacey, this movie is gonna rock!
Cute Superman too

yayyyyy!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Sorry ladies, you won’t be seeing the Superbulge in the movie

Wow, I never saw this thread going in that direction!

How are they going to get the ladies to want to see this movie now?

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
IMAX has announced that they are having their own version of Superman Returns.

www.imax.com

SUPERMAN RETURNS: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE, from Warner Bros. Pictures, has been digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® technology.

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure SUPERMAN RETURNS, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes.

SUPERMAN RETURNS: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE will be distributed exclusively by Warner Bros. Pictures.

This may be worth checking out if there is a lot of flying action in the film (I'm sure there will be).

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
aintitcool.com has a new Superman photo.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is my very own Superman....my son Hunter.

He's looking forward to this movie too.

My kids love the Justice League Cartoon and scream out every characters name when they appear in the begining credits.

Note: The Superman curl

[edit on 27-12-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'd rather see a relative unknown play that role than an established actor.

Which is exactly what Christopher Reeve was when he was cast. And talk about nailing a part. No matter how lame some of the first two movies were (see the cop chase), the moment in Lois' apartment when Clark takes off his glasses, straightens his back and deepens his voice makes it believable that Lois would never notice that Clark is Supes in glasses.

The whole point of DC's biggest stars is that Bruce Wayne is the disguise Batman wears, where as Superman is the disguise Clark Kent wears.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
Around 200 million dollars was already sunk into the budget before Bryan Singer was even hired. Preproduction costs and play or pay contracts for aborted productions. Plus, hiring an army of script doctors who each command $250,000 a week for their services, and 200 million dollars goes pretty fast.

(emphasis mine)

Yeah, especially when some idiot hires Tim Burton to direct it.

As Kevin Smith said after his (I believe) faithful script was rejected by Burton: "Don't blame me if he comes out wearing ripped black leather and blades on his hands" or some such.

Burton spent millions doing drawings and concepts for things such as Brainiac's Skull ship. Then got bored and quit. Cage laughed all the way to the bank with a salary for a movie that never got made and the fans thought that would be the end of any new Superman film.

...until Kevin Nolan and Christian Bale...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Umbrax

That's a cool picture. I'm really getting geared up to see this movie. I can't wait to see the special effects.

Grimholt

Routh can't hold on to this part forever. Your son might get a shot at it around 2020. Cute kid!

HowlRunnerIV

Just the fact that Burton was ever involved in a new Superman movie makes me shudder. What in the hell could those movie execs have been thinking? Burton should forever be forbidden to touch another superhero movie again. I was wondering when we'll get to see Brainiac. Maybe in the next Superman movie.

Burton needs to work on the next Planet of the Apes movie and that's it.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
katebosworthweb.com has a couple new pictures of Lois Lane.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
double

[edit on 29/12/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I cant wait for this movie, Superman is my favorite comic book hero.

I'm also a big fan of the tv series called "Smallville".

I'm sure the movie will do a great job or raking in millions apon millions.

BTW, Are they gonna have a backstory? Like why the hell he decided he wears a cape and spandex?

The first spiderman movie did a great job in that area...the whole wrestling thing, and him wanting to be called spiderboy.
And Batman Begins also did a pretty good job of a back story as to why he's wearing...well...what he's wearing.
So I hope theres a reason...other then of course..."because thats how he looked in the comic book".

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
I cant wait for this movie, Superman is my favorite comic book hero.

I'm also a big fan of the tv series called "Smallville".

Oh yeah. Kristin Kreuk is damn near the most beautiful woman on telly IMHO, but then again, I'm married to a Khmer, so maybe I've just got a thing for Asians

I can't wait, either, although Kit Walker and Wally West come before Clark Kent on my list.

I agree about costumes. Changing thaem can either cause big problems or work really well. I was never entirely happy with the black Batman costume (we won't mention the nipples. oops, too late. As Bob Kane said "If they were meant to have nipples I would have drawn them there!") and was really worried about how they could make the Phantom's purple strip look good, but the tattoo-like designs they drew on it really worked. I thought the production and costume design was the only redeeming thing about Judge Dredd. Stallone looked good in the black uniform and helmet and the Lawcycles were just awesome. Pity about the rest of the movie.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yahoo! Korea has a really good collection of photos from Superman Returns. They seem to have posters also but I believe they are just fan made.

kr.movies.yahoo.com

Here is a few I've selected.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Superman Returns Australian Commercial

Check out this ad.

New footage of Superman flying!

Youtube.com

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Superman Returns Trailer

Click the link to view the new trailer.

www.apple.com

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Superman Returns TV Spot.

Thanks to SupermanHomepage.com for links to the Superman Returns TV Spot.

Here is a quick link to the Quicktime 500k version.

TV spot vid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join