It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible ghost picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This was originally taken from my blog:

Ok before we get to the picture, I'll give you a little back ground. The picture was taken at an abandoned T.B. hospital. What happened is that we ran a story in the paper about Patti Starr doing aghost investigation in it.
Patti Star is the President and owner of Ghost Chasers International, Inc., which is based in Lexington, Kentucky. She leads an experienced, accomplished, group of investigators with a goal to prove that life goes on even after death.

After hearing that Patti's group got some good EVPs (Electronic Voice Phenomena). I asked and was granted permission from the city to go into the hospital as well.

We did get some recordings of children talking and playing, but the tape accidentally got erased.

If you want to hear the EVPs that Patti Starr's group got then go to this website:

www.ghosthunter.com...

Now on to the picture.

Yesterday I was looking back through some of the pictures I took, (I took the pictures in October 2002) and I happened to notice what looked like a man standing in the next room of one of the pictures I took.
It could be a lighting trick, or anything... like I said I am not sure what it is. I do know that it looks like a man watching us. I have zoomed in and marked the area in purple.

If you look close you can see his eyes, eyebrows, nose, hair, mustache, collar and shirt. I haven't altered the photo in any way, except to zoom in and to circle where he is standing and crop so that the picture wouldn't be huge.

Like I said it could just be a trick that the light played, but it sure is weird.

P.S. on a side note you could deffinately feel a presence of something or someone there. I am hoping to get a chance to go through it again sometime, with more equipment.

Well here is the picture, you can judge for yourself.
I would love to hear your comments on this. If you would like to have me send you the original, (Not zoomed or cropped) then just send me an u2u.
Photo Copyright Brad Ballinger 2002, 2003

Here are the comments it has so far:

Hey K_OS,
I'd like to see a copy of the original, if you don't mind. I'm not sure if you can U2U the image (don't have much experience) otherwise you can email it to me.(Removed your email address) I have several months experience ghost hunting, but I'm not an expert. I will be glad to offer my opinions and observations. Thank you.

Posted by: Bangin on Sep 09, 03 | 6:03 pm

I have sent you an email with the original, I look forward to your comments.

Posted by: K_OS on Sep 09, 03 | 6:24 pm

I believe you do have a spirit in the photo. Unfortunately, I am not getting much from it, but I think he may have been an orderly in the hospital. He missed the kids when he died and came back to watch over them. All I am really getting.

Happy Hunting.

Posted by: ImAlreadyPsycho on Sep 09, 03 | 7:35 pm

That is very cool K_OS! You really can see alot of details on the picture, like you pointed out. It really looks like you have got something there, although I am sure a skeptic would just say it is a coincidence, like seeing a face in the clouds. You should post this in the paranormal forum, I dont think alot of people read these blogs. You could get more opinions that way.

Posted by: williamonesac on Sep 09, 03 | 8:17 pm

Since I was asked I have posted it here.

Now I know that some of you won't see what I am talking about when I give the details (ie. hair nose, etc.) So below here is a VERSION THAT I HAVE ALTERED.

DO NOT GO BY THIS VERSION... IT IS ONLY TO HELP YOU IDENTIFY THE ORIGINAL, I HAVE CHANGED THE CONTRAST AND ALTERED THE BRIGHTNESS.

Well there you have it, let me know what you think.

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
That is definitely freaky! Do you remember why you took the picture? Was it because you thought you felt a presence in the room?

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It was extremely cold in that area, that was why I took it. I took a few more that day but the only think else that showed up out of the ordinary was an orb.

But it was probably about 15 degrees F. cooler there then in the rest of the building. Check out the link that I put with it and listen to the EVPs (Electronic Voice Phenomena).

Talk about making you're hair stand on end.

The only EVPs we had said a little girl said mommy and then you could hear kids playing but like I said it accidentally got erased.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
K_OS, great capture! After looking at your 'altered' image, it really helped to identify the man in the original. I really couldn't see the shadowy figure in the original, which made it difficult to put all of the pieces together. And that sure does look like the hand is in the pocket. Thanks for sharing this photo with us!

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
WoW great pic. I think It is real. I believe in ghosts and I read alot of stories. This is very interesting. Do you know what year the tb hospital closed down....plus are there any other situations with ghosts in this hospital.

Once again Great pic.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I will have to ask as to when it closed, I am not for sure right off hand.

About there being more ghosts.... I am sure that there are. I recorded voices myself.

This was the FINAL resting place for a lot of people.

T.B. or tuberculosis killed A LOT of people at the time when this hospital was in operation.

Click the link I provided above to see what an actual ghost hunter heard and seen after doing an investigation.

Thanks again for pointing out the hand in the pocket Bangin... It was something that I did not see.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Interesting picture. thanks for sharing it with us. As for what it is I cannot say for sure. It does kind of look like a face.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You should submit your story and photo's (one original and one altered) to Coast to Coast AM. www.coasttocoastam.com... is the website if you are interested. It is a radio shows website, that deals with alot of stuff like ghosts, ET's, conspiracies.. pretty much anything.

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by EWom]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Wow K_OS great pic.

I beleve in ghosts and I beleve that it looks like a real ghost.
Like I said before great pic.

top topics

join